Large Scale Central

Turnout construct standard vs wye vs 3 way

I wasn’t worried as much as I was just trying to figure out how to build it. How I would need to layout it out. Since I don’t have one to look at or a pattern of one to follow. I am just trying to get the geometry from you so I can develop a template to work from. But with all the info you have given me I think I can piece it together.

My problem is I really need to have components to mess with before things fully makes sense. Once I start making it the information you have given me will click and I will be able to make it. Knowing that farthest tracks rate of divergence compared to the straight track should be hugely helpful. I can lay that out with the spacing oyu gave me and then just split the difference for the middle leg. I Think its making sense to me.

easy to build, see the lap joints at the end of the switch, they take care of the changing “length” of the stock rails. A simple bar between the rails keeps them in gauge and aligned at the stub end… you can see from my picture where these tie bars are. a curved slot that pins from each rail ride in keeps the gap between the moving and fixed rails… this is really easy to build.

Greg

I assume that the bars clamping the rails down at the near end are somewhat loose to allow the stub rail to move with that lap joint?

I made one of those at the entrance to the garage storage area

Cool Ken

Can you give me some tips or pointers. How did you do your hinged area

How are you holding it in alignment with each leg. I assume that’s what that white piece is doing.

Ain’t much too it. Ground the point rails and lead rails down about halfway and slipped them into a joiner. Used a rod with a 4-40 thread on it to hold the rails in gauge with nuts. Cut a slot in the plywood, attached a plastic guide under the rails in the slot by running some small screws through a couple more joiners. Then screwed down the rails. The while plastic just slides back and forth between the rails and holds them in place. Quick and dirty and nothin fancy about it.