• Bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
  • Bullet 3

More text

A quote (maybe):

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country

And some more text

@docwatsonnc

The first post in this topic was created by typing that gobbledygook into Google Docs, copying the entire doc, pasting it into the post editor, and saving.

The only thing that didn’t work correctly (of the stuff I tried) was the “quote” (which I tried to do by indenting in Google Docs).

I’m guessing the same thing will work from a Word document.

Feel free to use this topic to try out various editors and formatting options to see if they work.

Cheers!

DSP&P Test.docx (280.8 KB)

This is what I get Jim.

@docwatsonnc

I think you are uploading the doc. What I’m suggesting is that you select the contents of the doc in your editor (looks like Word), and paste the contents.

I downloaded your doc, copied the contents, and pasted it here:

Denver, South Park & Pacific Cooke Mogul Project

This is a test for importing a Word document.

End of test.

hmph. didn’t get the image. of course I’m on a Mac and don’t have Word, so it was imported into Apple Pages, so who knows what happened!

I got the image but not the text. I guess I’m a dummy.

it is a well known thing in software that users are never the dummy. the software is the culprit

well, I’m sorry @docwatsonnc

how are you selecting the content in Word? in Google docs I did a command-a to select everything, then a command-c to copy it. on a PC using Word, I’m guessing you would do a control-a followed by a control-c. then using control-v to paste it into the editor here

Yep. That’s what I did.

well shucks. I’m out of ideas… and don’t have a PC + Word, so hard for me to debug…

Try again,

So I got the quote to work by selecting the region of your text that I wanted to quote and then clicking
the gray reply arrow WITHIN the post:

This quote was created with the gray double quote icon at top of edit box:

The quick brown moose jumped over my fence.

This quote was created by typing a ‘>’ at the beginning of the line, a space and then the text:

I like pie

Thanks Steve. That’s all well and good and I kind of knew how to do that. The question is: can you do a quote by doing something in a Word doc (outside of LSC) and then copy/paste it into the editor and then, without doing any other steps, end up with a quote in your post.

It may be possible but the easy thing I tried didn’t work.

And Doc seems to be unable to copy the entire doc anyway (it seems to either leave the images or leave the text behind, but doesn’t include the entire thing).

Doc is trying to create his post in Word and then paste it in with essentially zero extra work. that’s what this topic is playing with.

So far it seems to work great when copy/pasting from Google Docs, but not from Microsoft Word. Or from Apple Pages.

Thank you guys for trying to help. I guess for now I’ll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Doc