Large Scale Central

Travis's Mik challenge 2019

Ok guys, If I can still participate, this is what I decided to build. This will be going to friends railroad when done…It is a water tower. I had on hand a section of 6 inch dia pvc pipe I cut of at 8 inches long it will be cladded with wood. below is a start of what I have…

Here is what I have started…

No Travis you can’t. . . Okay you can. Glad you jumped in

Well Travis… You and I have about the same amount done. your maybe a little further along…

Well even if I dont go thru the judging I will still build along with you guys… snowed in for the weekend so hitting it hard tonite and tomorrow…

And…my beer is cold…

Travis Dague said:

And…my beer is cold…

I’m going to Ohio to help Travis get caught up

Dan Hilyer said:

Travis Dague said:

And…my beer is cold…

going to Ohio to help Travis get caught up

And take a pizza with ya…oh, wait a minute…(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

That stuff cannot legally be called " beer’, It must be refered to as swill or flavorless canned water. But different strokes, just dont let it freeze and blow up the can!

I wasnt gonna say anything, Pete

Pete Lassen said:

That stuff cannot legally be called " beer’, It must be refered to as swill or flavorless canned water. But different strokes, just dont let it freeze and blow up the can!

Pete , it is diet beer…LOL

Tank is covered with wire bands soldered and installed. I also have the bottom in it drying with JB weld to hold in place…

Now onto the frame work and base…

Looking good

Good job on the tank, Travis.

Looking good! Lucky for you, you have the white stuff. Our beer has to disappear a lot quicker!

Eric Mueller said:

Looking good! Lucky for you, you have the white stuff. Our beer has to disappear a lot quicker!

What’s your favorite beer Eric ?

I’m coming in April … I love local brew … due tell …

Full 2 days off this weekend so more progress made tonite…

Frame work for the tank…

All the pieces of frame assemble for fit…

Centering on the base to be fastened into place…

Frame work centered and screwed down to the base. The base board will be sprayed with a stone textured paint light gray with the frame work stained a light pecan minwax stain…

Test fit of the cross member that support the tank on top of the bottom with tank for test fit…

I will be adding nuts and bolt details to the wooden frame work after it is stained. will probably go with Ozark miniature nuts and bolts on this one.

Up next will be fastening the tank down along with the center water column. More to come…Thanks for checking in…

Nice travis

Tank and support structure looks great, Travis. Looking forward to seeing the details.

Great progress. I’m still working in bytes and paper :o

Not much progress due to work, however the frame work is fastened to the temporary base, stained, and ready for the bolt details.

Hopefully will get to work on it some more this Saturday… Thanks for checking in…