Large Scale Central

Trackwork at Pearce

One bit of my railroad is at the end of a “peninsula” of garden into the yard. There’s a lot of space there, and I planned to have a siding there, for a town named Pearce, after the late, and good friend, Tiny Pearce. Last year I put a long siding there, but operationally, it was a nightmare, since there was no runaround, and pulling out 12 cars was a huge problem. So, a bit of fiddling, and I came up with this for a trackplan.

Yesterday I fixed up the two switches for the initial lead-in.

I’ve also fixed the hard grade there, eased it to a smaller one.

Ah ha! That last sentence answers my question. I think our problems pulling cars was mostly due to the grade. The run-around and sidings will help too and add more operational interest. Just make sure you have a good strong bumper at the end of the coal trestle. We don’t want to see this again :smiley:

(http://jbrr.com/Pics/Events/TrainOps/2010/IMG_8670.JPG)

seems like someone didn’t apply sand quick enough, and was running to fast, Jon… hehehe

You punted that half-brick a good 5 feet, you were moving!

Bob McCown said:
You punted that half-brick a good 5 feet, you were moving!
I was the conductor on that train. Wern't me !!!!!

Engineer reporting the incident to the Director of Operations…

(http://lsc.cvsry.com/Post/Train-Ops_2010_006-800.jpg)

I see nuthink…:wink:

It was 'punted" about 1" and rolled down the hill…:wink:

Hey what happened to all of Bob’s hair in that picture? According to his comic picture he has lots. HeHeHe

Chuck

Chuck, that’s what happens when you have to put up with us. :slight_smile:

No kidding! You try running this site for 11 years and see how fast YOUR hair falls out. :slight_smile:

Boy Randy, you got that right.:smiley: and =D

Bob McCown said:
No kidding! You try running this site for 11 years and see how fast YOUR hair falls out. :)
Heck, mine didn't need that much excuse :( On the other hand, it is 13 years since the first grandchild arrived :P
Bob McCown said:
No kidding! You try running this site for 11 years and see how fast YOUR hair falls out. :)
Not to mention turning a different color........;)

Oh, and BTW, while we’re on the subject, I like the new track arrangement. …:wink:

Bob McCown said:
Don't blame me!

Hey Rooster share some feathers with old Bob to help cover his head from the sun. Hehehe

I’m going to have to move the switches BACK a couple of feet. The curve right ahead of the last switch is too small, about a 3’ radius. Too tight!

Reverse the switches and make the outside loop the passing siding.

Restricted trackage! Keep the k outta there

I tweaked the switch location a bit, and I think it’ll work out the way it is. Had a half-dozen of 30 foot cars and clearance and curve seem ok. Once I get the other switch in place I’ll be able to run a loco and check things out. But, yea, restricted trackage!

Might have to restrict the 40’ cars as well. Could make that very interesting.