Large Scale Central

Top secret spy pics taken in the CVRR shops

David Marconi said:
Ken Brunt said:
You might want to warn that operator to put the outriggers down before swinging that crane around and lifting anything. Don't wanna see that thing laying on it's side after just coming from the shop...................;)
Rivet counter ;)
Acceptable acronym for rivit counter: OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder) :D Ralph
David Marconi said:
Matt although most on this site sing the narrow guage songs I'm sure some of us would enjoy the Santa Fe equipment mods you've done.
David, here's a link to a new topic I just posted that you might enjoy:

HO layout post

Thats cool not something you see evrey day. Only problem is its not steam LOL

That does look like Andy. It must some type of therapy.

Ken Brunt said:

David Russell said:

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Nov09150.jpg)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Nov09152.jpg)

You might want to warn that operator to put the outriggers down before swinging that crane around and lifting anything. Don’t wanna see that thing laying on it’s side after just coming from the shop…:wink:

Disappointed Ken…your concerned with the outriggers on the crane but the front trucks have jumped the rail! What’s up with that!!! Who engineered this thing anyway? Andy escaped from the re-hab facility for a few hours and is driving the rig! I’m convinced of this!! These photos are “Top Secret” ya know :wink:

David Russell said:
Ken Brunt said:
You might want to warn that operator to put the outriggers down before swinging that crane around and lifting anything. Don't wanna see that thing laying on it's side after just coming from the shop...................;)
Disappointed Ken...your concerned with the outriggers on the crane but the front trucks have jumped the rail!
See what happens when you don't have outriggers ;) Ralph
Ralph Berg said:
See what happens when you don't have outriggers ;) Ralph
:)

Ralph Berg said:

David Russell said:

Ken Brunt said:
You might want to warn that operator to put the outriggers down before swinging that crane around and lifting anything. Don’t wanna see that thing laying on it’s side after just coming from the shop…:wink:

Disappointed Ken…your concerned with the outriggers on the crane but the front trucks have jumped the rail!

See what happens when you don’t have outriggers :wink: Ralph

He has’em, just didn’t use’em…we’ll be sending the Building Inspector who is also an OSHA official around to check out the safety measures this place practices…

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/chat/emoticons/good.gif)

I hear OSHA has a new guy doing the inspections now!

After careful review of the afore mentioned possible violation of Section seventeen paragraph V subsection 234.9675842z of the 1994 revision edition of ‘Basic Utilization of Light Labor Safety Habits Inside Track-age’ the CVRR has been found to be in noncompliance, by allowing their directional rotation device to operate in an unsafe manner causing possible damage to their omni directional linear guidance system.
Therefore because of said violation CVRR has 74,862 days to have done a complete integrity density inspection, of their omni directional linear guidance system, by my office for a minimum distance of 475 scale miles in both directions from point of infraction to determine extent of damage possibly caused by this utter disregard for personal group safety practices

Herr Inspector

David Marconi said:
After careful review of the afore mentioned possible violation of Section seventeen paragraph V subsection 234.9675842z of the 1994 revision edition of 'Basic Utilization of Light Labor Safety Habits Inside Track-age' the CVRR has been found to be in noncompliance, by allowing their directional rotation device to operate in an unsafe manner causing possible damage to their omni directional linear guidance system. Therefore because of said violation CVRR has 74,862 days to have done a complete integrity density inspection, of their omni directional linear guidance system, by my office for a minimum distance of 475 scale miles in both directions from point of infraction to determine extent of damage possibly caused by this utter disregard for personal group safety practices

Herr Inspector

OSHA=Our Savior Has Arrived.

:lol:

Hopefully video in action coming soon
:wink:

Nice work. Iguess Andy still recovering since he’s not driving

Oh he will be driving soon enough!

David,

That is really a great looking truck! Have you tried pulling some rolling stock with it. I have talked to some of the CN/IC crews and they say the “Big Dogs” can haul about 15 grain cars. They drive down the road keeping the tracks clear and only pull on the tracks one direction. Very Cool!!!

Ric,
I have pulled 4 cars so far on the test bench in my shop which is perfectly plumb and level. This is still a prototype in the workings but I’m pleased with it so far. I’m actually planning on building another one if I can make this one work like I want it to.

I had it on my line about a month ago with cars in tow and ended up letting the smoke out of the motor from too much load on a very slight grade. I have made some changes and would like to try another test run here over the holiday break sometime.

This is a track powered rig but would like to be able to pull some weight with it in case I want to make it battery powered which will require a trailing car as there is no room for batteries on the rig. I have no issues with traction as I’ve got that down however the motor that I want to use is having trouble with the load. Perhaps I need to re think my gearing ratio. Either way if I cannot pull cars it will still make an awesome addition to the CVRR MOW roster.

If possible please show this to Andy as I feel he will enjoy and appreciate it!

David, nice rig… You did a great job on it…

Andy Clarke said:
David, nice rig..... You did a great job on it......
DAD!!!! It's great to hear from you...I'm having Clarke withdraw......"real men play with diesels" not steam powered dollies. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and your family buddy!!!!

The weather hasn’t been cooperating for run video and my wife and son playing PS Rockband was getting on my nerves so I asked to be dismissed to my man shed (they could have cared less). So I added some steps up to the cabin and some hydraulic lines on the grappling hook. Also painted the rest of the suspension and it’s coming along very well.

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Dec09058.jpg)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Dec09059.jpg)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Dec09060.jpg)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/Scratchbuilding/Dec09062.jpg)

Needs some working lights to run on the highway or track :slight_smile: :wink: