Large Scale Central

Tiny Articulated

So I was snooping around looking for small articulated locomotives. And came across this gem.

This would make a way cool loco for the indoor.

Devon, its a cool loco. But shouldn’t you be focusing on the projects already on your plate? If you don’t focus, you will never complete anything.

Of course I should talk, I have 20 some projects going at the moment.

David Maynard said:

Devon, its a cool loco. But shouldn’t you be focusing on the projects already on your plate? If you don’t focus, you will never complete anything.

Ya get to work Devon!

I never said I was building one of these (http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)(http://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif). Where did I say that. . . ?

I have, ever since I even thought about the micro, decided that the road will have an articulated loco. Its the only way to have a “big” locomotive on tight curves. When I bought the Bachmann Porter in a big junk box for $20, i said if I could get it running it would make a great bash for an articulated. Now I haven’t tested it yet but with the new gears I think I will have this loco working. I wont be starting it anytime soon. There are other projects ahead of it.

So this is just a dream. I will need another one in order to make it work anyway.

No pic!

Your list is getting pregnant!

Less talk, more action!

yer bud,

John

What pic do you want?

there is a pic of the little articulated

I’m not seeing the pic in the original post!

I dont see it either it say Error 403, then it takes me to the website home page

Well I see it… let me work on it.

Do you see it now in the OP?

Pic is back, looks like a German Koppel I think… which is always an uh oh!(http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-surprised.gif)

John

Have fun!

John

Devon, no I didn’t say you said you were going to build it. I said that you need to spend your time getting stuff done, as do I.

But I see that you are afflicted with the same form of ADHD that I have, and once I start dreaming about a “new project” then I loose steam for the old projects and things don’t get done. Also, if you are spending time with your search engine, you aren’t spending time with your steam engine. Its simple math.

David Maynard said:

Devon, no I didn’t say you said you were going to build it. I said that you need to spend your time getting stuff done, as do I.

But I see that you are afflicted with the same form of ADHD that I have, and once I start dreaming about a “new project” then I loose steam for the old projects and things don’t get done. Also, if you are spending time with your search engine, you aren’t spending time with your steam engine. Its simple math.

Well while I agree with you about the ADHD thing I actually am away from my steam engine and stuck at work so all I have to play with is my search engine which generally leads to the first problem. I will have to add this to the bucket. Deep in the bucket. Because you are right I need to get stuff done. Need those new and improved side rods for the 2-6-0 that i thought was done and then there is the little micro I want to get back too. Also the GP9 chop nose project that will be after the micro is done. Plus all the track work . . .I don’t have. . .squirrel. . .where was I. . .oh yeah, ADHD.

Did I ever mention I am a full time grad student . . . I gots plenty of time for all my wanderings.

And thanks to Todd H I am thinking more like an American version of this

A 2-4-0 0-4-2 Beyer-Garratt about the size of the one above would be sweet.

That Beyer-Garrett is/was available for g-1 track. Live steam only, I think.

Devon Yea, I am a Garrett fan. Its a shame that North American railroads didn’t adopt that design.

But then we wouldn’t have anything to Protolance…

Pete Thornton said:

That Beyer-Garrett is/was available for g-1 track. Live steam only, I think.

Pete,

I didn’t mean that exact one I meant I would scratch build my own that is roughly the same size.

Bob “IA3R#7” Cope said:

But then we wouldn’t have anything to Protolance…

Amen Bob,

I want to make a “what if” the Americans had decided to adopt the design and make a nice smaller locomotive. I really think the older Bachmann side tank Porter (not the 1:20) would make a great starting point, I like the size. I have one already and I might end up with a second, and I also have a couple scientific toys tenders I can butcher for the tenders that were also in my $20 box.

From looking at the size of the cylinder heads, That just might be a little compound engine! The small size of the boiler doesn’t look like it could supply 4 cylinders full steam.

Just my $.02 guess.

Edit, Also notice the “Drip Oilers” on the front steam chests.