Large Scale Central

The DÜRR 🌵 (A Trilogy in 5 Parts) PART 2

I’m thinking Rick has the solution…

1 Like

Heck with that you could land in your neighbor’s (future) garden railroad planter.

Guys! You can’t keep invoking the santa clause! You know I wanna believe! But a…

Anyway, wasn’t the Train-Fairy uncovered by a recent podcast to be that well known influencer from Pennsylvania? :crazy_face:

now you are un-fair! we just wanted to of-fer a fair solution to trans-fer your trains…
argh, fer-geddit!

Well, if the voting is still open, I still like Korm’s solution. Tons of precedence, like:

1 Like

a prototype for everything such as…

EDIT: I should mention, I like the idea that Tim cleverly managed getting his port on the skinniest part of his layout, as I feel like I’ve run out of room.

I’m still open to modelling the construction of the Kormsen Canal terminating at Jennings Jetty but I think we all know what this would require…

A Historic Podcast to understand the difficulties the Kormsen Canal company faced building the prototype.

ze Kormsen Kanal Kompany proudly presents:

the first part of the western paraguayan waterway is ready to be inaugurated and flooded.
(in which order depends on who will participate in the ceremony)

the first nearly 4 scale-miles are done and financed.
( z-scale)

Ah the Pißal Kanal.

We have them here too!

IMG_9513

can’t you smell the difference?
mine is a water overflow. :umbrella:
and i am proud to have the rights of terrain and content.
yours, if it is yours at all, is for “water” outflow.
and i can’t beleive, that anybody is interested in its contents. :toilet:

1 Like

I REALLY suspect it’s the SANITY Claus…

(insert old Marx brothers film clip here) :innocent:

Cliff
I think you need to step up and show Bill how to build a trestle, you could show him as you build yours :kissing_heart:

Ok,
I’m still voting for a steel bridge then he could go back to this area and pretend that Rooster had enough money to purchase a Pennsylvania football team so he could model it and then it would be called
" HINES FIELD " !

Sorry…only trying to distract Bill and make him think about steel and concrete.

Bills football field - Copy

1 Like

I went to a brewery last week that had a porcelain equivalent, in an area of the facility with a sign that said “Used Beer Department.”

I would, but you guys still keep stealing our best players.

This space is still an issue. Do I double track? If so what is the minimum tack separation distance (in 1:20.3)? And track to bridge edges.

BTW do you have a good source for a deck plate girder bridge? I’m wondering what their maximum span is.

Yes, pubs are indeed beer rental facilities.

I think a bunch of us could have met at the pub had a few Paraguayan Beers, and then made our way to the Canal.

Personally #22 from the above list looks to be the closest match. What’s your thought on cerveza Korok Korn, Korm? :upside_down_face:

SHUDDER!

i left germany half a century ago.
but one of the few principles i took with me, concernes beer:
Hopfen und Malz, Gott erhalts! (hops and malt may god let it stay un-altered)
if a beverage contains more than just barley, hops and clean water, it may taste good, and/or make you drunk, but it never will be a beer.

as it is very difficult to get a real beer down here, i completely switched to coffee and likker.

sorry for being dogmatic, but one can sin in many ways, but not adulterating Beer! shudder

signed: the agua-fiestas

Completely understand. When I visited Germany in the early 90’s people were still lamenting the EU overturn of Reinheitsgebot law of 1516 , that allowed beer with preservatives into the country.

Can you remind us how far apart the two planters are ?

I could tell you what spacing’s I have used for the past 15+yrs on my RR but it would not be to scale and probably incorrect as I only model by eye and most of my stuff is toy like and dinky ahhh…never mind.

However I can tell you that my straight line run spacing is tighter than my curve spacing. Now when you involve elephants hanging out of a circus train you can take that whole spacing theory and just crumble it up and throw it in the trash .

In my opinion a 2’ long steel plate girder bridge is about as wide/span as you want to go then add a pier. If you would prefer a steel truss whether deck or thru truss then 4’ wide/span before a pier would be about maximum.

However I only model by eye but I think a double tracked (faux) concrete viaduct would be tit’s on a boar hog spanning those planters. Throw in the tunnel below now your talking PRR Safe Harbor material with the Enola low grade and upper grade lines.

Now were playing with dollies baby !!