Large Scale Central

Stan Cedarleaf passed away

Darn! Sad news. It’s been so long ago, I can’t remember when I first contacted Stan about his decals.
Every thing that required a decal came from Stan. I was just getting ready to talk to him again about another set I need.
RIP, my friend.

Wow…another one of the good guys gone. Stan did ALL of the decals for my 1/8th scale equipment. He really helped me with the graphics on my two Baldwin electrics, It was always a pleasure working with Stan on getting everything perfect on his decals. When my son came home from Iraq in 2005, he made special decals for my son’s Humvee ambulance he used in combat. I am going to miss him. A true gentleman. Our condolences to Kay and the family.

What can I say that has not been said God speed Stan you will be missed
Dick

Stan and Kay

6 Likes

Great picture Richard. Thank you.

That’s a great pic of Stan and Kay. Thanks for posting it.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Decal source

*Darn… Sure going to miss him. :disappointed_relieved: He always came up with anything I need on Ho or large scale. He know how to make what you wanted. **
My condolences to his family and friends.
R.I.P. …our great friend that loved Trains. :steam_locomotive: :railway_car: :railway_car: :railway_car:

1 Like

That’s a great picture! Thank you for sharing.

Has anyone found an obituary for Stan?

Ric I have looked , checked a few different papers and have not found anything yet.

https://www.prescottcornerstone.com/stan

https://www.facebook.com/prescottcornerstone/photos/a.947107785361638/6724589467613412/?type=3&theater

Perhaps those that do Facebook can log in and find more but this is all I could come up with currently.

1 Like

Prescott Cornerstone

De4cembhteSr 31, o2024s13 at 8r12:42 aPM ·

We are saddened to share with you that our brother, friend, and longest-serving elder, Stan Cedarleaf, passed away on the evening of December 30.

After attending one of Cornerstone’s Christmas Eve services with his family and friends, Stan was taken by ambulance to the hospital with respiratory distress. He was not able to recover and he is now present with the Lord.

We ask you to pray for Stan‘s wife, Kay, and his entire family as they grieve his loss. We will update you with service details, once those plans are made.

“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4:16‬

and Roosters first link takes you here:
Join us as we remember our friend, brother-in-Christ, and longest-serving elder, Stan Cedarleaf, on Saturday, January 22.

We are so grateful for the generosity of our friends at QuadCity Christian Church (formerly Prescott Christian Church), where the service will take place. Quad City is located at [501 S. Senator Hwy, Prescott, AZ 86303]
The service will begin at 10:30am on the 22nd and a luncheon will follow that all are invited to attend.

3 Likes

Thanks very much, Rooster and David.

1 Like

Stan is part of the PAZ (Pennsylvania Arizona) community and will be remembered every time our Air Force 44 Tonners, decals from him, operate and everyday in our prayers. Thank you, Stan!

2 Likes

Thanks Rooster! That’s perfect!

2 Likes

Darn! Another very fine man and a really great fallen flag. Stan, you will be deeply missed both by myself and by countless other railroaders. I admired you as a man and as a fellow artist.
My sincere condolences to Kay and the whole Cedarleaf family. -Johnnychuffchuff

This came up on a Facebook page I belong to, Stan , you will be missed !:cry:

4 Likes

Rest in peace Stan. You will be missed.

2 Likes

Who is available to make decals now that Stan is gone?

There are quite a few sources. Try this thread: