Large Scale Central

Stan Cedarleaf passed away

I just saw a post on Facebook that Stan Cedarleaf passed away last night. Stan and his work will be greatly missed .

they are asking for any questions to be sent via private message to minimize the load on Kay.
Those that knew him will miss his fun attitude

1 Like

Well, that stinks! Stan was always SO helpful - and wanted to make sure all of your decals were just right. He did my decals for everything. What a guy!

Dang, another good one gone.

Sad to hear. Stan helped me greatly designing my decals. Fortunate to have talked with him on several occasions. Prayers for his family.

I admired his work and spoke with him a couple of times. He will be missed by the large scale fraternity. RIP Stan

I only had the pleasure of meeting Stan face to face a few times when he made the trek out to ECLSTS. Another really great guy that will be missed.

This has been a horrible year. I’ve lost count of how many we have lost.

Rest in peace Stan.

Well, it’s been WAY too many, that’s for SURE! I was always amazed that Stan typically bought a booth for the ECLSTS. He was ALWAYS so nice to chat with in person!

It’s just too much. I have no words to express my grief. I will truly miss this great gentleman.

Doc

Another big loss for the hobby, super nice guy. Loved talking trains and he also did all my railway decals :cry:.

Oh no…

Stan was always the kind gentleman, and a great guy to do business with.

This is really sad news. Yeah, I’ll miss him, and hundreds, if not thousands, of others will as well.

My deepest condolences to Kay and the family.

Cliff

Another great loss to the community we share. My condolences to the family

A sad day for sure. A wonderful fellow. He will continue to be remembered and appreciated for the art on our locos and rolling stock for many years I’m sure!

Awful news. RIP Stan.

I’ll chime in with condolences and sadness. Of course, Stan created my decals and was super helpful and positive throughout. Never had the pleasure of meeting him face-to-face but sure enjoyed his presence. His impact on all our railroads will be a lasting legacy.

Oh damn. Stan was a staunch supporter of LSC for YEARS. Finally got to meet him in person at a York show several years ago. Very talented guy. He will be missed.

1 Like

My best to Kay
Stan and I go back some third years I will miss him greatly, in the industry a great many late nights after shows and get togethers

More sad news.

So sorry to hear this, Never met Stan face to face but talked with him many times through the years on the phone and via email. He did wonderful design work and produced great decals.

It was sad when he took up his Prescott railroad and moved to smaller quarters a few years back.
Condolences to his wife and family.

How sad, Stan was an absolute gentleman to work with

Colin Stewart
Inverness
Scotland

I only did a couple sets of decals with Stan, but what a pleasure to deal with. I will miss his fun conversation when I called to discuss decals. RIP Stan

a wonderful human

i am so thankful to have him in this community