Large Scale Central

SPRING! How bout' a spring 2009 pic thread.....post em' up

The flowers are looking great, Ken.
I better get busy pulling weeds :slight_smile:
Ralph

After the long cold winter we had, this unseasonably warm weather is a welcome change. Sorry no trains in the front yard, I will be building everything in the back, but it is such a nice Spring morning, I thought Iā€™d share a picture anyway.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/lastmanout/_forumfiles/Apr2009.jpg)

Are you in distress David Hill? Flying the flag as such would imply thatā€¦

Thatā€™s correct.

At Boy Scout camp we were told of the color guard that accidentally ran the flag up the big pole that way. Fighter Jets, Helicopters, Tanks and Infantry came to the rescue. 2 scouts were accidentally killed. Their names are engraved on the ball at the top of the flag pole. If you donā€™t believe the story, you can climb the pole and see for yourself.

Tom Ruby said:
At Boy Scout camp we were told of the color guard that accidentally ran the flag up the big pole that way. Fighter Jets, Helicopters, Tanks and Infantry came to the rescue. 2 scouts were accidentally killed. Their names are engraved on the ball at the top of the flag pole. If you don't believe the story, you can climb the pole and see for yourself.
The one question we would always get at our "Promotion Board" while stationed in West Germany was, "How many trucks are there on this post?" The correct answer was, "One sir. At the top of the flagpole."

David Marconi said:
Dave did you hide the switch tower or did Andy get it at York? Dave

Yaā€™ know what your right(slaps head)! Not a single one of those photos have it there. Itā€™s to the left of the Viaduct and through truss. Here are 2 with LEMOā€¦ Actually Lemo got electricity this past weekend as well so you know what that meansā€¦night shots in order? :wink:

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/April09064.jpg)

(http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Shortybear/The%20Railroad/April09074.jpg)

Now! That looks good. Glad to see Andy didnā€™t get it. Sorry,Andy.

Dave

David Hill said:
That's correct.
Mr Hill I'm sorry your pissed off at the world and your frustrated with what you see in the world today..."who isnt"????. However I will tell you sir that I live in a great community that I'm very proud of and deal with quite a bit at my 38 yrs of age. I have a 65 yr old mother in a nursing home fighting MRSA and a 68 yr old father that I take car of with altzheimers. The weekend before these shots were taken the rental property on the other side of the privacy fence was raided by the county drug task force officers only after mistakingly busting into my yard with AR 15's and shotguns drawn with my son on the trampoline and wife/dog/ myself in yard. They later apologized for making a mistake and thoroughly enjoyed the RR track in the yard. So honestly sir through all this I still continue to do what I do which is play with trains in my yard and hope/pray that things will get better as I feel the good will prevail!

David
Iā€™LL BE DAMNED IF YOUR GONNA WRECK OR INVADE ā€œMYā€ THREAD. EITHER POST UP PICTURES OF TRAINS IN SPRING OR DONā€™T POST AT ALL IN THIS THREAD SIR!

Thank you for your consideration!
David
:wink:

David Russell said:

David Hill said:
Thatā€™s correct.

Mr Hill Iā€™m sorry your pissed off at the world and your frustrated with what you see in the world todayā€¦ā€œwho isntā€???. However I will tell you sir that I live in a great community that Iā€™m very proud of and deal with quite a bit at my 38 yrs of age. I have a 65 yr old mother in a nursing home fighting MRSA and a 68 yr old father that I take car of with altzheimers. The weekend before these shots were taken the rental property on the other side of the privacy fence was raided by the county drug task force officers only after mistakingly busting into my yard with AR 15ā€™s and shotguns drawn with my son on the trampoline and wife/dog/ myself in yard. They later apologized for making a mistake and thoroughly enjoyed the RR track in the yard. So honestly sir through all this I still continue to do what I do which is play with trains in my yard and hope/pray that things will get better as I feel the good will prevail! David Iā€™LL BE DAMNED IF YOUR GONNA WRECK OR INVADE ā€œMYā€ THREAD. EITHER POST UP PICTURES OF TRAINS IN SPRING OR DONā€™T POST AT ALL IN THIS THREAD SIR! Thank you for your consideration! David :wink:

Iā€™m sorry you are so pissed off sir. It sounds as if you have good reason to be, but please do not take your anger out on me. I posted a picture of my front yard, which this Spring has really bloomed quite nicely. (Per the title of your post.) When I bought this home there was almost nothing in the way of landscaping and my wife and I did all the work ourselves, the boulder terraces. the plantings the concrete walkway (we hired out for the asphalt driveway).

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/lastmanout/_forumfiles/LscapeBA.jpg)

When pointing a finger at another, you still have four pointing back at yourself. Lighten up please.

David Hill said:
After the long cold winter we had, this unseasonably warm weather is a welcome change. Sorry no trains in the front yard, I will be building everything in the back, but it is such a nice Spring morning, I thought Iā€™d share a picture anyway.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/lastmanout/_forumfiles/Apr2009.jpg)

David, Please donā€™t try and change the topic!! This is what you posted originally?? THIS IS A THREAD OF TRAIN PICTURES IN SPRING 2009 Read my signature!! I have no time for nonsense sir as this is my calming place! Regardā€™s David :wink:

SPRING!!! How boutā€™ a spring 2009 pic threadā€¦post emā€™ up

No mention of trains in the OP.-

Oh crap that post just made it the 3rd page which from my understanding can be legally jacked on LSC a train enthusiast site!!!
Damnation!
David Hill you may have the floor sir. I can build you a soap box if you do not have one?
:wink:

David Russell said:
Oh crap that post just made it the 3rd page which from my understanding can be legally jacked on LSC a train enthusiast site!!! Damnation! David Hill you may have the floor sir. I can build you a soap box if you do not have one? :wink:

You have me totally confused.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/lastmanout/_forumfiles/DUH.gif)

Maybe itā€™s just me. I posted a picture of my ā€œgardenā€ on a ā€œgarden railroadā€ forum in a thread soliciting pics of Spring time ( I assumed outdoors shots). One guy picked up and commented on my flagpole, I replied without political comment (per Bobā€™s wishes), another comment was posted about the truck at the top of a flagpole, I shared, what I thought was a funny anecdote,(as one would do in a conversation with friends) and now you and I have spent more bytes discussing your perceived aggrievement. WHEN DO I GET A BREAK AROUND HERE? Or am I the resident boogy-man?

David Hill said:
WHEN DO I GET A BREAK AROUND HERE? Or am I the resident boogy-man?
David, You have a beautiful home and have done a fine job on your landscaping. I have no problem with you.

That being saidā€¦it should not surprise you that an upside down flag brings a reaction.

No boogey man here. But others see a boogey man around every corner.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
David Hill said:
David, You have a beautiful home and have done a fine job on your landscaping. I have no problem with you.

That being saidā€¦it should not surprise you that an upside down flag brings a reaction.

No boogey man here. But others see a boogey man around every corner.
Ralph

Not surprised I guess, I didnā€™t think to lower my flag before taking the picture so as not to offend.

'Nuff said! We now return to our previously scheduled program, already in session.

Here is Luke Running the Dieselā€¦

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/cale_nelson/Front%20Yard%20Build/Track/track2.jpg)

cale btw, Iā€™ve for years place my ā€œFlag Stampsā€ for postage up-side downā€¦

The Azaleas are almost fullā€¦

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/Layout/2009/IMG_6047.JPG)

David Hill said:

Hehehehe, hard to tell ā€¦ unless you look like this guy

OOPS!