Large Scale Central

Sources for 1:20 scale figures

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/_forumfiles/drunkdudefin1.jpg)

I am currently offering my 3D sculpted figures in any scale as 3D prints. They are expensive, but you don’t need to clean them in anyway. They have no sprews, no seams, and no release agent. I offer this one in 1:29 scale, 1:20 scale, 7/8 scale, 1:12 scale on my site, but if you have a different size in mind, just contact me from my site and I will give you a quote.

Richard - That just blows me away. The detail in places where you rarely see it, like veins in thr arm and knuckles and fingernails is just awesome.

Thanks Richard. I have been to your site many times and need to pull the trigger and get some ordered. You make excellent figures. I have to look again since you started the 3D prints stuff.

Thanks folks, yes, I like my detail. I figure if I’m going to spend a lot of time modeling plumbing details and rivets and nuts and bolts and nails, I need a figure that is equally detailed.

Richard,

I’m not an art expert certainly but one of the most difficult things to do properly whether painting or sculpture are the hands. Yours are absolutely wonderful and all the more so considering their scale. Needless to say you’re the champ of figure making.

Thanks Richard. I like hands, but they do take time. With the computer sculpting I made a default mesh and spent less time on the physique and face and most of the time on the hands and feet. That way I just import the default mesh in to my animation program, rigg it and move everything with the puppeteer tools. Then export the mesh in the pose and work on clothing, likeness and making the hands a little more unique to the likeness. Here is a curretn project.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/_forumfiles/3.jpg)

Richard,
absolutely stunning. the detail reminds me of a wax museum horror movie from several years ago, whereby the propietor simply wax coated human beings for his display. It looks like you have developed a method to shrink humans to scale size as the detail is incredible. I can visualise this driver figure atop a 7/8th scale industrial diesel.

Thanks Tim, One more time with buttons.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/_forumfiles/4.jpg)

Holy cats! Those are great. And what did I tell you all? 3D printing is the way of the future!

How well does the detail transfer to the figure? Do you have pics of the finished 3D printed model?

I would love a super detailed engineer for my Bachmann engines.

Edit: I should add, “pics for the 1:20.3”. Curious if the polished acrylic is the only medium to go with for such amazing detail.

Michael Moradzadeh said:
Holy cats! Those are great. And what did I tell you all? 3D printing is the way of the future!
This is amazing stuff. About a year ago I speculated someone could take a 3D scan / print set up to train shows and make custom figures of the patrons themselves. I know Richard puts a lot more work into this than a simple scan and print, but there will come a day when that process will yield acceptable results.

The latest picture is even more amazing.

Michael, you are actually not far from wrong. Check out this site http://www.thatsmyface.com/
These figures are a lot simpler than my sculpts. The scan your photo from the front and from the side. From that scan they create a texture file and determine the cartisian coordinates of the basic outline of your face then another piece of software adjust the vertexs on a facial mesh. When they have the basic shape of your head and position of your nose mouth and chin they fit a texture map of your face to it and walla instant likeness. Only don’t expect it to look anything like you without the texture. Thats where the craft comes in :wink:

Mark, Here is an unpainted print 1:20.32 scale printed in their highest resolution material. The image isn’t great, but you can see feint outlines of the viens, buttons and seams and belt buckle. I’ll put some primer on it and take another shot. The hi res material is suppose to be semi transparent, but this is almost clear and doesn’t photograph well.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/rkapuaala/_forumfiles/drunksmall.jpg)

Very nice indeed. Excellent resolution too!

Oops, forgot to ask…Are your engineers a good fit for the Bachmann K-27? If so, which one/both?

Thanks!

I am not sure. I don’t own a backman K-27, not that I wouldn’t like to own one, I lost my job when they came out and can’t afford one :frowning: I believe someone on this forum knows. I think it was Bruce Chandler that told me one of them might be a good fit, but I’m not sure which. Did you check the description of the figures on my site? I usually include that kind of info on the description if some one shared that info with me.

Richard Kapuaala said:
I am not sure. I don't own a backman K-27,,, not that I wouldn't like to own one, I lost my job when they came out and can't afford one :( I believe someone on this forum knows. I think it was Bruce Chandler that told me one of them might be a good fit, but I'm not sure which. Did you check the description of the figures on my site? I usually include that kind of info on the description if some one shared that info with me.
No K here! Your figures do fit well in my up-scaled 10 wheeler, as well as my Connie and my Mikado. Probably not much help for anyone but me! ;)

Well, that Sherman guy does fit well in the Connie!

Yeah, I got some great shots of Sherman in your connie displayed in my gallery. Nice work on the paint job :slight_smile:

I can attest to the fact that Marcus Schutte fits nicely in the K-27 cab … he complains whenever he’s assigned to run anything else on the SCRY.

http://scalehumans.com/orderform?NGF+12#

(Here, I mean the sitting version, if that wasn’t obvious.)

Matthew (OV)

Matt, do you have any images you can share?

I don’t yet, but I’ll see if I can grab one tomorrow … looking after a wife with pneumonia.

MB