Large Scale Central

Snow Forcast

So we Might get some here this weekend, which would really disrupt my plan to visit the Gun Show on Saturday…add that to the fact I’ve nothing with a plow, I could get really bummed out the weekend before Christmas…not :slight_smile:

http://www.accuweather.com/video-on-demand.asp?video=19668940001&title=Snow%20Storm%20for%20Mid-Atlantic

and yes I misspelled Forecast-go light on me Fred :smiley:

Cale,
They are calling for up to 10 inches here on Friday/Saturday.
What isn’t snow…will be freezing rain. I’d rather have the snow.
I think they are calling for a high of 35 tomorrow in GSP.
It probably will stay at freezing or below here.
Ralph

good luck friend! make sure you have your milk and bread!

French Toast epidemics are breaking out all over the Southeast :smiley:

Piss on the milk and bread…“TUNE THE PLOW”" or AQUIRE ONE QUICKLY!!!

No plow.
It is supposed to be wet, heavy snow. Not good for much of anything but pulling down trees and powerlines.
Ralph

They say to expect an inch or so of wet slushy stuff here.

The press has been tormenting the Mayor of Chicago, “What are you going to do about snow this year?”

Daley says, “This is Chicago. It snows in winter. We deal with it.”

We have about 12cms of nice fluffy stuff, but alas … the GRR is in a slumber, no wedge or rotary plow. But Tuesday evening I went railfanning, first bit just cold, second bit with snow to boot. Occasion? The Canadian Pacific Holiday Train at Sicamous and Salmon Arm. Video to follow.

(http:///P1/CP_HolidayTrain_s.jpg)

The head of the train in complete darkness at Sicamous.

It should be called CHRISTMAS TRAIN

C. Nelson said:
good luck friend! make sure you have your milk and bread!
It was a couple of local deejays (Don & Mike) here that made the bread, milk and toilet paper thing famous some 25 years ago. One of the local weather forecasters has his "Bread-O-Meter" now for forecasting snow storms. This one rates a pretty high 7.5 out of 10 calling for 6-12 inches on Saturday. Time to stick the grader blade on the tractor! :P

-Brian

Well, the miseries finally got their wish - the eastern side of the entire big island of mainland UK is now nestling under at least a foot of the white stuff, and the place has come to a complete standstill…I wonder what they’d do if they got some real Canuckian stuff?

tac
www.ovgrs.com - just in from feeding the birdies

Fred Mills said:
It should be called CHRISTMAS TRAIN
HEAR,HEAR!

It always USED to be called that.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Sound of choir singing…‘We wish you a merry holiday, we wish you a merry holiday, we wish you a merry holiday and a happy commencement to the next annual sequence…’

Sorry, I had no right to cause offence to anybody there, but in spite of being Hebrile, I had a thoroughly Christian upbringing in a couple of swanky Church of England public schools, and to me, this season is called Christmas for good reason. Like most of my relatives, I always felt a part of the Christmas festivities, coming so close, as it does, to our Feast of Lights, Hanukkah. As such it gave us yet another good reason to prolong the festivations - my Roman Catholic dad and my Jewish mom used to put up the Hanukkah tree at least a week before even THAT festival began

Did you know that American Flyer actually made an 027 Hanukkah box car…?

tac
www.ovgrs.org

USA Trains made limited run Hanukkah cars in G scale on at least two occasions. I have a 1989 one and I believe the other was 1991. I sold that one to a friend to run at one of the Trolley Museums in Connecticut for their Christmas Trains. I kept the 1989 one.
LAO

Winter storm watches posted for here. 6-12 inches and depending on the track could be even more. Temp now is 15. Cant wait to see everyones snow pictures no excuses its the weekend

It is coming down pretty heavy here now. The ground is already white…in less than 1 hour.
The heaviest snow fall isn’t expected until this evening. This is looking to be a major snow event here.
Ralph

We might get this storm Saturday night, or we might get nothing at all. Depends on which way the wind blows. Will stock up on the fixins for French Toast just in case!

NO Snow here-yet…may be just below the “line”…

Ralph, we expect photos of trains running in snow on the Sunny View! :smiley:

cale

A agree. pictures of trains tomorrow. I ggod way to get snow off the tracks is take a kids snow shovel and cut it so its a little wider then the tracks. Now you have a hand powered shovel. Lets see some pictures of the snow falling.

C. Nelson said:
NO Snow here-yet...may be just below the "line".....

Ralph, we expect photos of trains running in snow on the Sunny View! :smiley:

cale

Amazing what a difference 40 miles makes, isn’t it?
The snow line usually falls north of I-85.

You might get a picture of the rolling stock parked in the Yard. I’ll have to get out there before they become white lumps.
Ralph