Large Scale Central

Rick's MIK 23

Pigs feet and eggs, are ones I remember the most!

I remember those days from when I was a kid. There was a “farmers market” that we would go to on occasion and they had a Butcher. They had 2 big pickle barrels and it was fun to open the lid and grab a big pickle but sometimes there were odd things in the barrel like rubber bands.

That is a really cool looking building Rick and the loading dock really adds to it. Will you be dirtying it up at all? The roof top looks great.

I think you need a little dog or a cat waiting at the front door.

1 Like

Thanks Tod, that’s a great idea, just happen to have a few to choose from.

1 Like

Well it is almost closing time and I have gotten as far as I can.
The (permanent) signage will have to wait until the Cricut gets here and I learn to use it.

The interior of the sales area is as done as needs be for added interest looking through the windows.

4 Likes

Love the cleaver sticking in the chop block!!

Stunning, Rick. At first glance, I thought your first shot was of the store you were trying to model. But no…

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Good grief, that is stupendous! Great work, Rick!

1 Like

They all beat me to to the best adjectives. That interior is just awesome!

Great job.

1 Like

That first interior photo is hard to tell from the real thing and that is a testament to your craftsmanship, Rick. The clever is a nice touch as is the photos in the wall coolers. Well done my friend.

I just noticed quite a collection of paint brushes in the back of the last picture. And here I thought this was a butcher!

:slight_smile:

Well thanks guys, it was fun to put together, and it really helps fill up those big windows.

1 Like

Man Rick. You out did even yourself. That’s awesome.

Pretty sure the health inspector might take issue. I think there is a fleck of dust in the corner.

Wow. I’ve got high standards to keep up with when I do the interior of the pawn shop. I better go get to work!

I had to do a double take. I thought it was the real thing for a moment!

everyone else posts their pictures, Rick comes in posts his and
mike drop moment of MIK 2023!

1 Like

How did you build the clear freezer cases? I’m thinking I need a few similar cases for precious jewels in the pawn shop.

Hi Craig, I assume you mean the free standing meat cases not the reach in boxes in the wall.
The cases are real simple, just a wood block with Styrene laminated with epoxy and clear Acrylic for the “glass” fronts.

1 Like

WOW!!! I just thought of three things missing on the interior.

1. Gotta make a meat scale…
  2. Gotta make a roll of white butchers paper…
  3. Gotta make several hand drawn todays sale signs on butchers paper…

As is WOW!! Ray would be proud !

Thanks Dave, yea, those things were in mind but just didn’t have enough time, you should have extended the Challenge another month :laughing:

I think a couple beef quarters on that back rail would be perfect.

Rick this is an amazing build. This year will be tough. You and others did an amazing job.

1 Like