Large Scale Central

Review: B'mann annimated horses?

Bachmann offers a stock car with two horses that mechanically alternate appearance in two windows - while the car is moving. Does it work well? This is a goofy nut-ball item that might be fun on the layout.

Anyone own one or see it work?

Thanks,

Wendell

I haven’t seen this, but if they’re getting goofy, they should go all the way…I’d love to see two gorillas alternating between windows; now that would be something!

I wonder if the horses are balanced on a center beam like the old Lionel horse car. It had four horse heads sticking out of four openings in the sides of the car, similar to Bachmann’s G scale model. The Lionel horse heads were mounted on a plastic beam that ran longitudinally inside of the car. The beam was mounted on a floor mounted plastic spike in the center of the car. So the horse heads moved only when the car was in motion.

Dan Padova said:

I wonder if the horses are balanced on a center beam like the old Lionel horse car. It had four horse heads sticking out of four openings in the sides of the car, similar to Bachmann’s G scale model. The Lionel horse heads were mounted on a plastic beam that ran longitudinally inside of the car. The beam was mounted on a floor mounted plastic spike in the center of the car. So the horse heads moved only when the car was in motion.

I believe that the B’mann car uses the same idea. I seem to recall reading a review on it recently. Perhaps in GR.

-Kevin.

There’s a discussion on MLS - Bachmann animated stock cars. Maybe there’s enough info for your needs.

Hey, I was only half kidding. The first show I did with our club, I ran a box car with a very realistic big gorilla hanging out the open door and it was the big hit and delight of the show among the children, maybe a couple of the adults too! I wish I had a picture damn it.

Mark Hadler said:

There’s a discussion on MLS - Bachmann animated stock cars. Maybe there’s enough info for your needs.

Thanks Mark

Wendell could just purchase it since he is “interested” in it and do his OWN review instead of “asking” about it ?

Perhaps Wendell had another reason for asking though?

Thought’s?

So far, the prices I have seen for these cars is a bit on the high side, about $89.00 +/-

Both the horse and cow cars have heads on a swinging beam.

I would think that adding a servo to the beam would allow movement all the time, very easy for DCC users.

" Rooster " said: Thought’s?

"Perhaps Wendell had another reason for asking though?"

Thought’s?

Thoughts?

The question put to me was “why not buy one and do my own review?” I thought this an unusual encouragement considering the value and use of our Review postings.

So…

Locally, in our area there is no source whereby I can look at one of the cars. I no longer “buy and try” without encouraging those who have bought and tried to report their experience – just as you have done contributing to this thread.

Consistently, my interest is in keeping the hobby functioning and that is why I initiated the Problem Solving site with Bob and encourage users to report in the Review section.

Frankly, I am puzzled as to what could be “another reason.”

Selah,

Wendell

Wendell Hanks said:

Thought’s?

Thoughts?

The question put to me was “why not buy one and do my own review?” I thought this an unusual encouragement considering the value and use of our Review postings.

So…

Locally, in our area there is no source whereby I can look at one of the cars. I no longer “buy and try” without encouraging those who have bought and tried to report their experience – just as you have done contributing to this thread.

Consistently, my interest is in keeping the hobby functioning and that is why I initiated the Problem Solving site with Bob and encourage users to report in the Review section.

Frankly, I am puzzled as to what could be “another reason.”

Selah,

Wendell

Why would you be puzzled as you have encouraged more thoughts ?

Who is Selah?

My response above was to Rooster’s question as to why I was asking for input from our LSC members.

Again, here is his question:

Thought’s?

No, there is no other reason than the one I have given in the above posting.

I do value clarity before agreement or disagreement.

Selah is a word of unknown meaning - used to close a message.

Wendell Hanks said:

My response above was to Rooster’s question as to why I was asking for input from our LSC members.

Again, here is his question:

Thought’s?

No, there is no other reason than the one I have given in the above posting.

I do value clarity before agreement or disagreement.

Selah is a word of unknown meaning - used to close a message.

Answer: The word selah is found in two books of the Bible, but is most prevalent in the Psalms, where it appears 71 times. It also appears three times in the third chapter of the minor prophet Habakkuk.

Selah is also thought to be rendered from two Hebrew words: s_lah, “to praise”; and s_lal, “to lift up.” Another commentator believes it comes from salah, “to pause.”

A quote from a google search, but now we have entered a religious discussion which is Verbotten

edited to add

My sincere apology to BD and any other affected members for this breach of our forums etiquette

Well then it’s clear Selah is a word of meaning then. Here I thought it was one of the horses names?

In Boston, selah is that big room under the house in the ground!!

Also, it is where buyers go to get items!!

It’s a sad state of affairs that the only new product we can find to discuss is an animated car that hearkens back to products from 20 years ago ! And for $89 it should come equipped with sound IMHO.

Shades of the past, for sure…next it will be the rocket launcher car, the milk can car, and all other sorts of cars that Lionel used to produce…some find them cute, and they still attract certain members of the public.

It is sad that this is all we see pawned off on us, as NEW Product…even with sound it would not cause me anything but “Heart burn” !!

Infamous “Bubble Cars”. Every railroad needs at least one.