Large Scale Central

Record temperatures

Whilst you are freezing over there we are having record high temperatures. the mercury is expected to be in the 40’sCelcius for six days running, this has caused many problems the transport system.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24975204-2682,00.html

Yesterdays temperature reached 45.7C the highest on record since 1939.
Definately no working on the garden RR in this heat, can’t wait until Monday for the “cool change” 39C.

Regards
Dave

Dave same up here only we are getting storms followed by the humidity. Still better than being under all that snow.

I’ll trade any day.
I’m getting sick and tired of below freezing temps. My heat bill doubled last month! :frowning: :frowning:

I could go for some heat too. We have been hammered this winter. It’s looking like another record setter for snow fall this year. Last year was double the norm and I think we are at double for this year now too.

Jon.

NO global warming here. Had real cold winters the last 3 years.

can’t say its warm here.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/geogeorge/_forumfiles/sunday.jpg)

this is from sunday.

(http://www.lscdata.com/users/geogeorge/_forumfiles/tuesday.jpg)

this one is from wednesday. both are of the railroad in the front yard. could be a bit untill I can get some work done.

The weather forecast for the weekend is 40C on saturday and sunday so no work happening here. They think next week will also be in the 40C range. Rolling Power blackouts due to the amount of people using air conditioners.
Rail and tram problems due to the heat.
All this and February is usually the hottest month. something to look forward to.
Dave

Deleted

It’s not global warming, it’s god conspiring to kill all my new plantings in the garden make over and make it tooo hot so I can go out and play trains, I won’t be beaten though, I WILL go out to my shed (what do Americans call a shed, garage?, workshop?, retreat for battered husbands?) and build points for my railway extension, at least I will be left alone.
I am out in the northern suburbs Dave and usually get it a couple of degrees warmer than you as well, and another week to go.

Last time I remember temps like this was a ten day ‘heat wave’ in December, 1959. Ten days over 100 deg. F. I spent the entire ten days in Parramatta swimming pool, on the outskirts of Sydney. Well, fifty years ago, Parramatta was the outskirts of the city. Now it is considered the geographical centre of Sydney. It is not just the heat, but the high humidity which is the killer.

Nobody denies global warming or climate change. We just have other words for it…the weather and the seasons…basically been happenin for a cuppla million years. We just don’t believe Burt Lancaster has anything to do with it, ie: The Rainmaker…:wink:

Anyone care to guess who’s the biggest polluter in the state of Washington?

Almost no one believes in MAN MADE global warming anymore since learning of the erroneous research [sic] promoted by AlGore. for instance, the elevated CO2 levels have historically followed climate warming periods by 800 years not caused it as he claims.

This is all an attempt by the government to increase taxes, i.e. the proposed cow fart tax, and environmentalist groups to raise donations from the “chicken little” types. Follow the money! No crisis, no bilking of the citizenry.

Ken, who is the biggest polluter in the State of Washington? You have my attention. Tony, what was the weather like before the last Ice Age? It would be interesting to know what the history is like.

Paul

If you look at what’s going on in the Artic the Ice has been increasing in stead of decreasing. I sure would not call that global warming. Just another opinion of some one makeing a buck off something in accurate. Later RJD

The biggest polluter in Washington when it’s active is Mt St Helens, of course.

Ron Simpson said:
The biggest polluter in Washington when it's active is Mt St Helens, of course.
I was going to say Starbucks.

Speaking of which, we here in Alaska are looking in the face of what appears to be a major volcanic eruption just across the inlet from the Anchorage airport. The earthquakes around Mt. Redoubt are increasing and the other signs of an imminent eruption are there. The last time Mt Redoubt erupted, it spread ash plumes for hundreds of miles and nearly took out a KLM jet. I have a flight scheduled out of the Anchorage Airport on Tuesday so I am monitoring the situation very carefully.

Ron Simpson said:
Speaking of which, we here in Alaska are looking in the face of what appears to be a major volcanic eruption just across the inlet from the Anchorage airport. The earthquakes around Mt. Redoubt are increasing and the other signs of an imminent eruption are there. The last time Mt Redoubt erupted, it spread ash plumes for hundreds of miles and nearly took out a KLM jet. I have a flight scheduled out of the Anchorage Airport on Tuesday so I am monitoring the situation very carefully.
That sucks.

I guess a little snow or heat an’t so bad when you think what could be going on.

Latest available shot of Mt Redoubt: Volcanic activity HAS increased in the last 8 hours. We are at an elevated warning level (“orange”).

(http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/avo/webcam/redoubt.jpg)

Ron Simpson said:
The biggest polluter in Washington when it's active is Mt St Helens, of course.
And since it sits inside a National Park that belongs to the Federal Gov't, it's not a far stretch to say the US Gov't is the biggest polluter..............;)