Having never done anything like this before, I jumped in with both feet. After seeing a 5 part video series on how to install a RailPro controller and battery power. The victim, my first locomotive, a USA Trains GP38-2 . in the video the guy strips out ALL the factory electronics and starts fresh, so I ripped out all the parts, including the smoke generators, I dont like them so away they went. That was the easy part then comes the part where i got nervous, wiring and soldering things. The guy (Jon) and another (Cody)both were big helps when I ran into the gaps in his videos, Cody and I have had several phone conversations to clear up issues and differant questions, plus Robbie from RLD was helpful too.
figuring out where it can go and what orientation is best
Below Testing how the wires reach. after a bit I realized I had turned the body the wrong way … OOPS, like I said first time doing this!
my nephew is a UP engineer, so I got his normal work atire and painted the engineer up , and gave him a nice conductor, his wife Heather.
Mounted the module up high for better reception and to get some distance from the speaker magnet, which they mentioned to me.
all the front light wires are plugged in to the module, next part is going to be interesting, soldering, last time i did any was with a gun on 12 gauge wire back in high school, this may take some time and hopefully since i wll go slow and keep things labeled I will get this done in a few weeks. The sound is really good. I will attempt to post a video of it soon.