Large Scale Central

Put the rummers to rest

OOOOOOOOO Forgot to add, Buy Roe watch them go!!! Buy Pulk, you will always Sulk…

Nicky Luv you lon time. :slight_smile:

Bozo’s are real… but truthful…

ARRRRRRRRR Rummers, only 29 more days till “Talk Like A Pirate Day” http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

Gary Buchanan said:

ARRRRRRRRR Rummers, only 29 more days till “Talk Like A Pirate Day” http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

(http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/bottles.png)

Choose your poison carefully, these rummers could be going on till Christmas

They used to have a language option on faceplant of “pirate”. I did it once…hilarious.

So, let’s recap…or, how does Stanley say it…let’s list the concensus…

No stock.
Warehouse empty.
Crest website now shows Navin’s house as the address for all Crest products.
Warehouse for sale in 11 days.
Outdoor railroad ripped out.
The market has changed in the last 5 years.
We are in a good financial position.
We should have one container in 2-3 days.
Another container in November.
Anyone who says different is a barbarian.
We are not doing the ECLSTS but fear not, somebody else…may.
Oh, and we need to once again throw in the JP Morgan Associates BS just to confuse the issue…
Scott has been blamed for the demise of local hobby shops. But wait:
85% of the retailers have quit buying Aristo trains…why was that again?
Lewis retired to Flori-duh and left Scott in charge…but Lewis is back holding press conferences with an employee…TATE.
What did I miss again?
Oh, yeah, advertiser’s copies of GR are out…how many Aristo ads are there?
TOC

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

We should have one container in 2-3 days.
Another container in November.

November will be the GREATEST LS month ever … everything will be on special sale as soon as it arrives … there will be no snow before January - guaranteed! - other than all the fluffy stuff from the continuing snow jobs out of Joisy.

Which reminds me, any of you remember the LGB containers that got lost to the bottom of the ocean in a real storm? They were bare days from landing on the East Coast … that’s what they told us anyway. I bet you those are harder to find than the Titanic and that took a l-o-n-g time.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You know, if Aristo would really like to get all the modelers attention they would hurry up with a new Eggliner. It would be Polk’s “Polkadot Eggliner” complete with “Roll out the barrel … da dee da, da dee da, da dee” on the sound decoder.

Just couldn’t resist, the devil makes me do it. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :slight_smile:

Hey…what’s that new commemorative car in the second container I keep hearing about?
A Polk-a dot Eggliner with a polk-a sound system playing “Roll Out The Barrels…”
TOC

WE don’t have to worry about availability of Aristro products. TATE said they have 2 full containers arriving in the next two months. 40ft Containers have a 2800 to 3000 cu ft. volume. That translates to roughly 4500 pieces of rolling stock and the equivalent of 5400 boxes of 2 ft track. The Revo receivers are packaged such that 200 per cubic ft so 10 cubic ft should bring 2000 receivers at the loss of 10 or so cars.

Did TATE mention what size containers, could be 20 footers?

What I gathered so far few are worried, a number of people wonder why there is a scarcity of Aristo items during the height of the garden railroad season in the northern hemisphere.

That is highly unusual or very bad planning or …

PS to clarify, despite being “strictly” into European LS (1:22.5) I have a few Aristo items to run on the Kiddie layout.

I even purchased a TE for a customer 18 years back to run his N-scale layout.

Mind you I had to modify it slightly so it was suitable for N-scale. I even called Aristo to find out what’s what, but was left to my own devices as they didn’t anticipate that someone would use it for N-scale.

Obviously “a train is a train is a train” was not on the books, yet.

:wink: :slight_smile:

PPS For suitable accolades of Aristo http://www.aristocraftforum.com/vbulletinforums/showthread.php?t=20675

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

Did TATE mention what size containers, could be 20 footers?

For that matter, are the two legendary containers full? Or shared with other shippers?

I feel a movie script in the making… or at least a Gordon Lightfoot -type song…

Why is the Crest address at Navins home, not Scotts, Nates, or Lewis’ Fla address? If the facility is going up for sale in the next two weeks, it will take months to close the deal. Why strip it now? Why hasn’t an alternative site been identified? With two containers i.e. 5000 cu ft. of stock, one needs a place to put it. Where di the funds come from to purchase inventory. Scott put on a big poor mouth at the ECLST? Why an empty booth not displaying their products at ECLST?
Perhaps TATE(Lewis) should address these issues instead of blaming the “WEST Coast bullywagers” for the current concerns.

Why are those with the least at stake the most concerned?

:wink:

Hans and Dave sitting in a tree B A S H I N G

Mark V said:

Why are those with the least at stake the most concerned?

:wink:

I’m not concerned, not at all concerned. I just find the progression of what we hear/read from and about Aristo very peculiar. It will take a lot more than accolades on the Aristo forum and other fora or threads like this one to find it “not so peculiar”.

OTOH all in all it might not be peculiar, it could be perfectly normal for some people.

David Russell said:

Bashing? Really? You have no idea what bashing is, if you think that’s it.

Discussing an “interview” of company officers, conducted by a company employee, put on a company website, and we can’t discuss the merits of the interview?

It’s a good thing you weren’t around for the EPL fiasco.
You’d a had a stroke.

David Russell said:

Rooster, you should hear what a good laugh we have about the reactions from some people. :slight_smile:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

I’m not concerned, not at all concerned…

Eight comments in two pages would suggest otherwise…

:slight_smile:

Unfortunately, not all our LS manufacturers are trusted.

Will delivery of the sea-going freight bring closure on trust?

The adage: “Do it and ask for forgiveness later” doesn’t appear to work on this site.

Sad.

Wendell

Mark V said:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:

I’m not concerned, not at all concerned…

Eight comments in two pages would suggest otherwise…

:slight_smile:

Possibly. The other possibility is some of us have seen this before…only the names have been changed to protect the guilty.
Maybe it is of interest, something to comment on, especially in light of the tomfoolery that has come out of those Folks in the past.
Very strange, it is, very strange.
TOC