Large Scale Central

Put the rummers to rest

Aristo is not going away and is alive and well. Check out the AC forum for the up date. Now all you doom and gloomers can rest for awhile. Later RJD

So we can let the guys wit booze sleep?

The cooling season is quickly coming to an end so why would I want to check out an AC forum?

Rumskis ???

Shut up rooster.

RJD - I have only one question to ask after following this for a while. i will preface my question with a bit of background. I am a professional in the engineering fields, using many suppliers in many markets.

Why is AC (seemingly) the only company I (used to) do business with the only company that it takes many MONTHS to receive currently popular items? The longest lead time I have been given by any of my suppliers is in the 6 week range, not six months.

I stopped looking to AC as a supplier last year when on three different occasions I was given three totally different, and unrelated, reasons why the Revo TX / RX hadn’t been received. I would much preferred the truth, and the recent goings on since the beginning of this year, in my eyes, are far less than reassuring.

Almost all of my club members and the club itself are Revo equipped. At least for the club coffers, I pray it wasn’t a mistake. For myself, I chose another vendor.

My perspective and point of view only. Your shadows may be different.

Bob C.

I read the clearly very upset response on the Aristo forum.

What I don’t get is the constant reference to the West Coast “bad guy” which must either be me or TOC.

NEITHER of us has EVER said: " Aristo-Craft closing its doors “in a few days”

Where the heck is this person they are accusing, and where is it in print?

The vehemence of the “retort” on the forum makes me think that some of this junk may be true.

When the posts become exaggerated or made up or just plain lies then I start looking for the REAL reasons. Who gives a rat’s $#$ if they tore down that crappy layout in the back of their building.

But more so, why do they even deign to comment on such a trivial thing?

I think at this point, Aristo, and the loose lips of their leaders is their own worst enemy.

If you are worried about the health of your company, don’t announce at a train show you are looking for a million dollars in investment.

Just shut the heck up. Learn from USAT and Bachmann…

Greg

It addressed a few questions, and created a few more!
The statement about the building line…very confusing :wink:

It also appears they will be handing off the promotion of the ECLSTS to someone else.

The copyright statement…very paranoid.
If you’re trying to set the record straight, why try to discourage people from quoting the statement?
BTW, it is perfectly legal to quote from the statement :wink:
Ralph

That’s quite an elaborate post on the Aristo Forum.

Have we seen similar statements from LS mfg(s)? I believe so. Did we believe them? Some did, others didn’t.

So what is Aristo doing? They are “right sizing”.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Many of us know what that term means.

BTW on that copyright notice, TATE should have had it trademarked instead! After all a good load of BS and bombast has been the Aristo trademark for some time, at least in my opinion.

:wink: :slight_smile:

Well it seems I have a few choices…

Listen to the same crowd of detractors playing the same old tune of ‘Brand X stinks’ until they can gloat on the death/near death experience of a major manufacturer…

Or I could listen to the flip side of this broken record and know all is right in the world of model trains and always will be…

Or I could take advantage of the sale offered by a manufacturer who has actually done something to supply me with the goods I want to enjoy my hobby…

Can you guys turn on USA next? Apparently when you make a manufacturer angry enough they offer a sale, and I sure could use some intermodal cars at a discount!

:wink:

Mark V said:

Can you guys turn on USA next? Apparently when you make a manufacturer angry enough they offer a sale, and I sure could use some intermodal cars at a discount!

:wink:

OOh, I vote for AMS, I need more 30’ 1:20 boxcars.

Ralph Berg said:

It addressed a few questions, and created a few more!
The statement about the building line…very confusing :wink:

It also appears they will be handing off the promotion of the ECLSTS to someone else.

The copyright statement…very paranoid.
If you’re trying to set the record straight, why try to discourage people from quoting the statement?
BTW, it is perfectly legal to quote from the statement :wink:
Ralph

“So here’s a great example of how “reliable source” information gets it wrong. A post on a yahoogroup reported that Aristo’s buildings would no longer be produced and implied the molds were for sale. Fact = Aristo building for sale. Rumor = building line dropped, molds for sale. Fact = the building line will not see another production run in 2013. Rumor = Aristo out of the building product line.”

They have not sold the molds, but they are also not producing anymore buildings in 2013 <<—in 2013, that does not mean they wont produce them in 2014 or 15 etc…

that a little clearer?

Greg Elmassian said:

I read the clearly very upset response on the Aristo forum.

What I don’t get is the constant reference to the West Coast “bad guy” which must either be me or TOC.

Greg

Um there’s 1 reference to the west coast

Aristo-Craft is NOT closing its doors “in a few days” … And no one, no “West Coast reliable source”, or “reliable source at a Greenberg Show”, or any other “in the know” technical pundant has the inside scoop about a closing. While the Polks do not have a crystal ball which will tell the future, the closing of Aristo-Craft is not imminent. Aristo-Craft has a container of product arriving Mon/Tues next week. There is also a container arriving in early Nov. The containers will bring a variety of product into the warehouse, not just the upgraded 0-4-0s. As Mark Twain said, “The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.”

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iE9idvfcmGg/TyUDMg_r-cI/AAAAAAAAGYY/FtepcwaV-to/s400/29-01-12CowlVentilator01.jpg)

“This has all happened before, and it will all happen again”

Sacred Scrolls of Kobal, Book of Pythia

Vic…LOL!!!

The basic problem still remains, they dont have “inventory” they have “remnants” and unless they get new product on the shelves, and soon, they are not going to last in their current form.

Another question is just who really owns the tooling? In the childrens toy world its not uncommon that the company selling a product doesnt actually own the molds or tooling but has contracted with a manufacturer for a product, the mfr then creates the molds and tooling and runs the production with the seller getting a license to market and sell that product under their own name. How else do you expect Wally World and Toys-R-Us to be chucked to the rafters with cheap “Made In China” toys, all from dozens of different companies?

The upshot though is that the seller doesnt actually own the tooling, thats still held by the MFR and they retain the rights to then either sell them under their own name or more commonly re-license them to another manufacturer, which explains how certain toys never ever die, they just get recast over and over under a new name (I’m not kidding here, there is still stuff based on old Marx toy molds from the 50’s-60’s still in production). Copyrights can be worked around, often easily, by changing some details or aspects of production, which is what I believe happened with Newqida.

Vic,

China to Aristo: “Send money, we’ll ship!”

Moulds: e.g LGB found it to their advantage to have the Chinese do some/all of the tooling of newer items (money is tight) since this was cheaper than in-house. And they just bought the product.

When push came to shove, there was a lot of push back from the Chinese regarding “Re-patriation” of the tooling. Possession is 95% of the case. It took a long time and how much it cost is anyone’s guess.

:wink: :slight_smile:

What are “rummers”?

Rum running pirates.? :slight_smile:

IMO, If they don’t have the capability to keep any of their Crest (Revo) in stock, and you have to wait months for the product, therefore they are operating on a shoe string.

I’m saying this with 15 yrs experience of a purchasing agent in my background. If a supplier can’t produce, you find another.

There are other reasons a supplier won’t deliver, such as “bad credit”. but we won’t go there.

As Hans said. “send money, we’ll ship”.

Put the rummers to rest. Wasn’t that one of the battle cries of the Prohibitionists?
How did that work out for them?

With the ancilliary of tear out your test railroad, sell it, sell the warehouse, send us the money, we’ll send you one container?

Pass me another bottle of that rum…errrr…Koolaid…

TOC

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

Put the rummers to rest. Wasn’t that one of the battle cries of the Prohibitionists?
How did that work out for them?

With the ancilliary of tear out your test railroad, sell it, sell the warehouse, send us the money, we’ll send you one container?

Pass me another bottle of that rum…errrr…Koolaid…

TOC

Vodka not Rum DUDE!!! Bozo’s are meat head’s. Just like the fakers behind the mask. at NJ head quarters

Nicky Luv you Dead Revolutionalist’s…DCC is the best and only way to go. IMO…

Nicky does Luv you