Large Scale Central

Post-TrainOps layout work

Mortared, ballasted, and done.

1 Like

Are you planning to dull the rails some?

1 Like

Bob, I missed how you made your abutment. Jigstones? Or…?

It looks superb.

These are made from molds from Hirst Arts. Bruce Hirst makes molds for tabletop gaming, and a bunch of them are usable for us as well.

https://hirstarts.com/

These are the basic block.

1 Like

Making sure it’s safe to unload the tank cars at Goodson’s Batteries. These are walkways from @manimal 's 20 foot container car, resized up a bit.

Extended the siding a foot as well. Now I have room for the fence and gate.

4 Likes

Continuing work on the Majestic branch. Moving Majestic Colliery from where it is (which looks great but it’s nearly inaccessible during operations) to outside the loop. This involves a 2% grade and a curve to go down under the bridge over the now-defunct Oak Hill branch.

Mine will be located in this area to the left of the bridge in front of the wall. Exact location TBD.

Trackwork continues. Have about half the downhill loop complete.

And an overall look back so those that have been here can see the location.

1 Like

What greenery is Martha planting there or maybe be fire watch tower?

That’s going to be a path through into the middle of the loop behind the big trestle. It always was a path anyway, just overgrown with sedum. Now it’ll be official.

Man do I miss Ken!!!

Especially right now!

3 Likes

We all miss our FRIEND Ken Brunt…all the time.
Fred Mills

On a side note with the viaduct do it the :rooster: way . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . spray paint it Premium Decor Enamel Spray Paint, Almond, Gloss - Midwest Technology Products
And call it done !
Trust me on this :zipper_mouth_face:

Moving in some fill to get the grade under the bridge below 4%…

4 Likes

A bit more work. Have the grade right at 2%.

I used one of the half stone arches I have, and put it here for some interest. The switch in place now will be a RH not a wye.

And a view of the whole area. Wye will be here, Majestic Colliery will be off-camera to the left, with the other leg of the wye along the rocks on the right.

Need to haul in a bunch of fill for this whole area, and let it settle, so more trackwork here wont happen until spring.

2 Likes