Large Scale Central

Post #1

Guess I’ll start this thing off…just to get it going.

Topic for the day…

[color=red]GET OUT AND VOTE![/color]

All you US Republicrats!! :smiley:

Warren ,
Do we assume that if you are not a republicrat , you’re a demagogue ? Or a Jerrican ? Plutocrat ? Bushwhacker ? Demoquaver ?
Mike

Mike Morgan said:
Warren , Do we assume that if you are not a republicrat , you're a demagogue ? Or a Jerrican ? Plutocrat ? Bushwhacker ? Demoquaver ? Mike
Rhinoceros. The only party -- apart from the Monster Raving Loony Party -- worth voting for. Unfortunately, extinct.

Mike,

Bushwhacking is what you are supposed to be doing when you vote…:smiley:

Warren

How sad. Doesn’t stand for anything, only against something, and can’t articulate just what he is against.

But then, Warren and I have been down this road before, and we won’t have to travel it again for another two years!

Well guys,

Take the politicians, put them in a barrel - pork barrel?? - roll them down the hill. The worst will always be on top!

I will agree Steve. It’s really sad when the political climate is so poor that all you can do is vote against something and not be able to vote for something.

Guess we’ll just have to talk trains for the next two years…:smiley:

Warren

Actually that is a good question.

Just what positive things were there to vote for?

All we got in Australia was Dubya was in trouble.

TonyWalsham said:
Actually that is a good question.

Just what positive things were there to vote for?

All we got in Australia was Dubya was in trouble.

That fairly much sums up the entire election. Dubya is now definately a lame duck. The entire country was tired of being lied to about Iraq. Tired of useless killing. Tired of corrupt politicians. Unfortunately I never heard once just what the Democrats had as a plan to fix the problems. So, all that was left was to vote against and not for…as sad state I must say. :frowning:

Warren

Here in Britain,We still have a problem to resolve. Our two main political parties have become so close together in the centre, that they now only represent self servers on both sides, and not the general populace.
I will vote for anyone who will take the UK out of the EU.
Rod

Rod ,
Me me me , vote for me , I hate the EU with a passion . United States of Europe is what they are aiming for , with a FRENCHMAN as president , AAAAAARRRRRGH .
Must go and have a lie down ,
Mike

I’m watching the EU quite closely. Personally I think they are trying to expand too rapidly. Actually I don’t think they should expand further. While I see some draw backs to the EU I also see it’s need. Without some form of unification the European countries would be powerless against larger countries like the US, China And Russia. This could create even a worse economic situation in Europe.

As for self serving politicians, don’t feel like the UK has a corner on those. That’s been a BIG problem here in the US too. In fact my definition of a politician is: A selfserving, incompetent jackass…that includes ALL parties. Nobody in their right mind would want the job… It’s reserved for those with really big egos.

Warren

You don’t seriously think that the French would let their army be used in any conflict that didn’t directly benefit them , do you ?
And when the Argentinians next occupy the Falklands , will Germany send troops to get them out ?
And when we have a European Parliament with sovereign powers , do you think that they will not hand Gibraltar over to Spain ?
Do you think that they will force Spain to hand Ceuta back to the North Africans , it is a Spanish Enclave on the coast of the Morrocos . just as Gibraltar is a British enclave on the Spanish coast . Ah , but that’s different of course .
No , in short , after 20 years of membership , we have learned not to trust the Brussels mob . The backhander brigade . Did you know that the annual financial reports on the EU have not been accepted for some years ? Nobody can account for all the money . Great place to be .
And believe me , this is about trains .
GRAVY TRAINS

Ahhh; thanks Bobby;

A place where we can finally get down and dirty in a clean way.

Here in Canada, we are all “Lilly White”, with a great system of government, and everything is going just rosey.

We are out fighting our neighbour’s battles and enjoying every moment of it. Not that we have figured when they can be ended…or how they can be won…or lost.

At least the battles are being fought a long way away, for which we all should be thankfull.

Oh what a perfect little world we live in, here in Canada, with our FREE TRADE, with our neighbours; but sadly not between our own Provinces. It has just been announced that Ontario will be buying more power from Qubec…whoopy sh*t…we only live across the river from Quebec, and used to be “Plugged into them” years ago, before they took the wires down…egads.

Of course my mouth gets a bit irritated forcing my tonge over into my cheek. This I resolve by trying to sample as many bheers from as many of the counties of the world as possible; to see if their bheer supplies are affecting their politics.

Then of course there is another factor thrown into the frey. Whine may cause other affects that bheer doesn’t. (And of course there are Whiskey, and Whisky) So the tasting goes on.

I just need someone to help by funding this study. I’m hoping for a UN grant, but there lies another great sourse of frustration. The UN gives great sums of everything to every loosing cause in the World; graft and corruption runs rampant, in just about every department; but no-one has the guts or thought to try to fix it.
So; should I look to other sources for my well meaning cause, or linger a while longer with great expectations of being the next in line for a great big handout and a wonderful award from some Scandanaivian country for bravery…???

So…it might seem to me after stepping back for a moment; that my whole scheme may resemble what is wrong with the whole World.
But I’ll still look for that grant, and that reward, because I’m from Lilly White Canada, and I could never be corrupted; could I. !! ?

My first inclination is to not post anything. But what fun is that?

You have to look at our World with finely polished Rose colored glasses. For that is how it was suppose to be.

Some people look at the glass as half full, while others look at it as half empty. I’m so excited I have a glass I could just explode. For Christ sakes, your talking on a computer about toy trains and how to enjoy them more.

Follow what ever philosophy you wish because it really doesn’t matter. In reality, there are only ten laws passed down long ago. All the rest of this crap everyone argues about is just politics.

Fred Mills said:
I just need someone to help by funding this study. I'm hoping for a UN grant, but there lies another great sourse of frustration. The UN gives great sums of everything to every loosing cause in the World; graft and corruption runs rapant, in just about every department; but no-one has the guts or thought to try to fix it. So; should I look to other sources for my well meaning cause, or linger a while longer with great expectations of being the next in line for a great big handout and a wonderful award from some Scandanaivian country for bravery....???
You need to do what that well known Bolshi actor Alexi Sayle did, and join the Gravy Train.

The problem is Warren, we were sold a “bill of goods” over Europe by a former Prime Minister, Grocer Heath. it was supposed to be a trading system, not a Federal system. My Country, England, no longer appears on the Euro map. Its now Scotland,Ireland and the other regions of the United Kingdom. Note, no mention of England.
Our politicians are now professional politicians, out of University, couple of years as a parliamentry researcher,secretary, then a safe seat and the gravy train for life. I despise every one of our’s. left, right and centre. In my mind Blair is guilty of treason.
RodF

Hi Rod.

Rod Fearnley said:
..........then a safe seat and the gravy train for life. I despise every one of our's. left, right and centre. In my mind Blair is guilty of treason. RodF
For doing what precisely?
Fred Mills said:
Ahhh; thanks Bobby;

A place where we can finally get down and dirty in a clean way.

Here in Canada, we are all “Lilly White”, with a great system of government, and everything is going just rosey.

We are out fighting our neighbour’s battles and enjoying every moment of it. Not that we have figured when they can be ended…or how they can be won…or lost.

At least the battles are being fought a long way away, for which we all should be thankfull.

Oh what a perfect little world we live in, here in Canada, with our FREE TRADE, with our neighbours; but sadly not between our own Provinces. It has just been announced that Ontario will be buying more power from Qubec…whoopy sh*t…we only live across the river from Quebec, and used to be “Plugged into them” years ago, before they took the wires down…egads.

Of course my mouth gets a bit irritated forcing my tonge over into my cheek. This I resolve by trying to sample as many bheers from as many of the counties of the world as possible; to see if their bheer supplies are affecting their politics.

Then of course there is another factor thrown into the frey. Whine may cause other affects that bheer doesn’t. (And of course there are Whiskey, and Whisky) So the tasting goes on.

I just need someone to help by funding this study. I’m hoping for a UN grant, but there lies another great sourse of frustration. The UN gives great sums of everything to every loosing cause in the World; graft and corruption runs rampant, in just about every department; but no-one has the guts or thought to try to fix it.
So; should I look to other sources for my well meaning cause, or linger a while longer with great expectations of being the next in line for a great big handout and a wonderful award from some Scandanaivian country for bravery…???

So…it might seem to me after stepping back for a moment; that my whole scheme may resemble what is wrong with the whole World.
But I’ll still look for that grant, and that reward, because I’m from Lilly White Canada, and I could never be corrupted; could I. !! ?

Fred,

Add a large hand basket… problem solved …errrrrrrrr… I mean more or less under control …errrrrrrr …that would be business as usual. :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
Add a large hand basket.......
With all that snow you are hoping for, you should be able to toboggan straight to (hot place down below) in that handbasket