Large Scale Central

Possible new indoor layout

Matt have you inventoried what track you have? be easier to offer suggestions if we knew what was in the stockpile.

Hey Victor- went through the stack- the usable track I have for my locomotives is 18 pieces of LGB R1175… which i believe is their 8’ curve? Along with two more LGB switches with the same radius- all my tangent track is lgb one or two foot sections, and I have about 60 or so feet of that. And I have a handful of 8’ curve equivalent aristo switches… I would say 3 of each direction.

Matt

Sounds like you have more than enough track its how its all layed down thats the question.

Matt,

If I would be building I’d use what would fit whatever track plan I’d come up with, flog whatever doesn’t really fit, get flex track for where it is required and the easy solution e.g. to get exactly the radius you want, which could be going from the 1175mm rad (4ft) down to a 900mm rad (3ft) in an easement curve and back out to 1175mm where it leads back into the tangent.
Of course that all depends what equipment you’re running. Using the snap track strictly as intended makes for crummy geometry and abrupt running, the equipment jerks in and out of the curves.