Large Scale Central

Polk's GeneratioNeXt

I googled the name and it came back with a radio station for younger generation gays. Obviously, not the same site.

Scott posted a message on Aristocraft forum this evening. He said IT IS TRUE!
Tom

Tom Stephens said:

Scott posted a message on Aristocraft forum this evening. He said IT IS TRUE!
Tom

Of course it is.
And you heard about it here at LSC first :wink:
Ralph

Yes, indeed it seems it is and you were right all along Ralph.

However the announcement was not in the usual style associated with Aristo which caused me my doubts. But even if the new company name seems unusual I guess that will not the Brand name.

Apart from the reference to the original post here, Google did throw up some quaint urls’

Tim Brien said:

I googled the name and it came back with a radio station for younger generation gays. Obviously, not the same site.

If its a new company, not started yet, it would not show up in google yet. Google is good but not that good. I think its good news. I say lets wait a and see what happens. Cant be negative until we see what they come up with. Be nice if they bring back the classic line.

Yep Scott posted it on Ac so lets all hope that things will go well with the new company. As all know prices will not change much and get lower. What have you all seen lately that has been reduced in price. Just the facts of life. Even at that I’m a buyer I will support the hobby as best I can. Later RJD

I don’t use Aristo stuff because it is outside what I model. But, I think this is great news. Polk is trying to remain supplier in Large Scale and that can only be a good thing.

I wish Mr. Polk good luck.

It is my understanding piecing earlier discussions with Scott, that when the Polk brothers decided they did not want to take over the business, Lewis began selling of the inventory. That’s when Navin and Scott were given the opportunity to purchase (royalty) the intellectual property(name and patents). BUT they had to use their own resources to purchase inventory. The reason Scott is starting with track. It is the least risky. He then hopes as his note states to start building rolling stock inventory with the profits of the track. Navin is in a little better position as the breath of inventory is less and the wholesale cost per unit item is much less than an engine.

If I have this in error, perhaps members that such as Ralph or Marty that are in closer communication with the organization will correct me.

WE need to give them a chance without badmouthing them. They are not Lewis nor responsible for past history. There will be growing pains and mistakes. Always remember they have to make compromises cost vs perfection.

I am not in “closer communication with the organization”.

I am NOT privy to any details other than the statement Scott released.
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:

I am not in “closer communication with the organization”.

I am NOT privy to any details other than the statement Scott released.
Ralph

C’mon Ralph, don’t sell yersef short! We all know that you have an “in” with the Organization. BTW, will ya put in a good word for me? I gots problems wit me bookie.

Steve Featherkile said:

We all know that you have an “in” with the Organization. BTW, will ya put in a good word for me? I gots problems wit me bookie.

Nah…but I can get you a great deal on a wheelchair and steer you to the proper support group :wink:

Ralph

I too read on the Aristo site the Scott Polk is starting a new company. A large percentage of my stock is Aristo. Even though I started out as a narrow gauge modeler, I have more “mainline” stuff on the roster now. I wish him luck.

I figured the line would come back, I just thought it would take longer. Most lines have come back in one form or another. There is too much invested in molds and jigs to let it just lay in the back of a factory unused. So time will tell if he can make a go of it, and what comes back into production.

Scott posted on Facebook today

Scott Polk Hi Mike. You guys will hear from me tonight once I get shoveled out. Happy New Year

Wow! I had no idea this thread was that old. But Mark, here, had to speak up, so here we go again.

Jon, I’m no lawyer, but I Googled bankruptcy and learned (actually I already knew, but I wanted reassurance) that there are mostly two kinds that apply here: Chapter 7, which means liquidate everything and pay off your creditors as best you can; and Chapter 11, “in which the debtor continues to function, maintains ownership of all assets, and tries to work out a reorganization plan to pay off creditors.” The quotes mean I borrowed that line from “How Things Work.”

I’m glad Polk or whoever will sell track. I own a lot of Aristo and have no complaints. Except maybe about the switches/turnouts (are ya reading this Elmassian?), which were problematic, but apparently got better as they evolved.

Joe I also own a lot of Aristo. My biggest complaint right now is the Consolidation I have that waddles, climbs the rail and rolls over. But she sure is pretty.
:slight_smile:

It sounds like the gauge of the drivers are too wide.

Date: January 3, 2014 at 21:29:34 PST
Subject: Ready… Set… Go…
Reply-To: [email protected]

Hi Everyone,

Happy New Year! Just wanted to update you on the status of Polk's GeneratioNeXt LLC. The move is complete and was very successful. I will be ready to take orders on Tuesday. If your wondering about inventory I did acquire the merchandise that was still in Irvington and there is more track on the water and will arrive the end of January. As for the website. It is moving along nicely but net yet complete. This is one thing I won't launch until it is perfect. I am aiming to launch the site with the arrival of the container. An in stock list will be sent out before Tuesday along with pricing. Here is a list of what's coming in:

11100 11097
11003B 11098
11095 20130
20122 20340
20330 20195
20193 30335

I am also hoping to have another container of track arrive in April/May.

Here is the new contact information:

Polk’s GeneratioNeXt LLC.
4475 South Clinton Ave. STE 110
South Plainfield, NJ. 07080
Phone: 908-834-2139
Email: For Now is [email protected]

Come Tuesday please call or email me if you would like to place an order. 

Thank you for your continuos support. 

Scott Polk

Polk’s GeneratioNeXt LLC.
4475 South Clinton Ave. STE 110
South Plainfield, NJ. 07080
908-834-2139

Thats all track, wonder what happened to all the rolling stock tooling?

Vic Smith said:

Thats all track, wonder what happened to all the rolling stock tooling?

If you go back to the original FB announcement, he said he was going to start with track and hoped he could eventually produce the entire line.
Ralph

Its a start and good news so far. I wonder if he will open up a store at some point. That would be nice since they are about an hour or so away.