Large Scale Central

Polk's GeneratioNeXt

Scott Polk just announced a new company opening January 2.
Polk’s GeneratioNeXt
Starting with track.
He also says he hopes to eventually manufacture the full line.
Ralph

I hesitated before responding to this. I hope this thread stays civil.

I wish Scott the best of luck. I’m happy that there will be a source of the track I have chosen into the future.

I question the business logic of the whole deal. Obviously they are not declaring bankruptcy at Aristo or they would not be able to retain any of the assets and any rights to manufacturer track or any other products would have had to been sold off by an arbitrator.

Too bad the name Phoenix was already taken in this hobby :]

Wow. Thats a game changer for the foreseeable future. I certainly hope that the track prices come down, as they don’t have to subsidize other expenses. I do hope that it isn’t the other way around, and prices go up.

That sounds like a weird name. What will they be selling new cell phones or exercise/ diet products??

That would be great if someone could start manufacturing the Aristo line again. It would make alot of folks very happy.

Jon Radder said:

I hesitated before responding to this. I hope this thread stays civil.

I wish Scott the best of luck. I’m happy that there will be a source of the track I have chosen into the future.

I question the business logic of the whole deal. Obviously they are not declaring bankruptcy at Aristo or they would not be able to retain any of the assets and any rights to manufacturer track or any other products would have had to been sold off by an arbitrator.

Too bad the name Phoenix was already taken in this hobby :]

Scott says a container of track is on the way. Should be here mid January.
I too, hope the discussion stays civil.

We could speculate endlessly about the “hows” and “whys”. Unfortunately, this is where we usually loose the civility :wink:

I guess the idea behind the name is to separate his new venture from the old.
Ralph

Civility would be a blessing on this subject.

Hey at least maybe the new line will be better than the old and maybe we can still have some rolling stock and engines too on a positive note. Happy turkey day give me those mashed potatoes yessss

Ralph Berg said:

Polk’s GeneratioNeXt
Starting with track.
Ralph

Where did you see this email, posting on the Aristo site? I tried googling “Polk’s GeneratioNeXt” and all I got was this thread?..

Jon in his first reply said he hesitated: so did I. I see no reference elsewhere about this Ralph any where else. Google has this kind of name but nothing to do worth trains. When I looked a while ago I saw no replies but 42 views so I - as I am sure the other 41 did - was to wait and see. It has been the usual custom for Scott to past important mail on the Aristo web site and send mail to those subscribed to the Aristo mailing list. I have not received any mail from him. It does remind me a little of the spurious and vindictive mail supposedly sent by Scott earlier in the year about his loss of wallet etc. Prankster at best, vicious at worst maybe.

Craig Townsend said:

Ralph Berg said:

Polk’s GeneratioNeXt
Starting with track.
Ralph

Where did you see this email, posting on the Aristo site? I tried googling “Polk’s GeneratioNeXt” and all I got was this thread?..

Scott is a member of a Facebook group I belong to. He made the announcement there.
They are still working on a web-site.
There is no announcement on the Aristocraft website…why would you expect one?
This is a new company.
Ralph

For those of you believing this is a hoax, I might add that Lewis Polk, Aixa Lebron, Nick Ariemma, and Harry Hartman are all members of the FB group.
If it was a hoax, I’m sure they would have responded by now.
Ralph

The GeneratioNext name sounds like its more related to the Revolution control sytems,

Do you have a link to the FB group? Or what’s the name of the group?

bring it, competition is good for the mkt

Craig Townsend said:

Do you have a link to the FB group? Or what’s the name of the group?

It is a “closed” group.
Since Scott said “spread the word”, I am taking this as permission to copy his post.
Nick(Tate) has responded positively to the post. I have no reason to believe it a hoax.
Ralph

Hi Everyone, I have gone ahead and started a new company, Polk’s GeneratioNeXt. We will start by continuing to manufacture the full line of Arist-Craft track. I’m trying my hardest to continue the entire line of trains as well. A new website is being built and should be ready the first week of the new year but we will open for business January 2nd. There will be a lot more info to come. Spread the word.
Oh yeah, I found a container of track and it should be here the middle of January. … With your support I know this will be a success. Thank you for everything.
Scott

I think this is great news and of course only time will tell. Hopefully as it has been stated by several others that this thread can remain “CIVIL”.

I for one have a lot of Aristo-Craft product and like what I have. BTW Ralph thanks for the info.

Chuck

If they came out with a “low” (let’s be honest, none of it’s cheap) cost track it would put them back on the map in a positive way. Can’t wait to see what happens.

Terry

I just bought some used lgb track for a good price. I wanted to use Aristocraft track in the train barn but gave up on Aristocraft! Oh well.

Join the group Scott!

“…I wanted to use Aristocraft track in the train barn but gave up on Aristocraft! Oh well. …”

As of yesterday they still had some euro brass

http://www.aristocraft.com/search.asp?keyword=brass+track&sortby=0&catid=59

some usa brass;

http://www.aristocraft.com/search.asp?keyword=brass+track&sortby=0&catid=58

(some nice big curves but ya can’t walk on it like ya can the euro’ )

For others there seems to be some aluminum …

doug c

p.s. “your price” / 2 =

Till dec 1st, after that who knows what happens to remaining NJ warehouse stock items … maybe they’ll sell it off to the new company IF it is ‘registered’ already !

OK, it’s American Turkey Day - easy to remember - check the progress in 365 days.