Large Scale Central

Pissed off

I agree Ralph.
I haven’t had any problem with the railroad but I have been saddened by the people that “borrow” things and you never see the item again. It’s half my fault because I usually can’t remember who the borrower was but I just replace it and move on.

Last evening here in UK a well-known [obvioulsy TOO well-known] gauge 1 enthusiast was burglarised and the following items taken, prolly to order [apologies for caps - it’s not my text] -

Quote - AN ASTER BR FLYING SCOTSMAN, KIT BUILT No 64. IN A WOODEN BROWN CARRY CASE

AN G1M 4MT 2-6-4 TANK No 80151. IN A WOODEN BROWN CARRY CASE

6 X J & M CIWL BLUE PULLMAN COACHES, 4 X SALOONS WITH GREY ROOFS, 1 x SALOON WITH WHITE ROOF & 1 X BAGGAGE WITH GREY ROOF.

THE COACHES WERE IN A WOODEN CARRY CASES

If any member is offered or sees any of the above for sale please contact myself on any of the following numbers. 07930-547347- 01634 660228- 01634-666064’ End quote.

Total value there, around $40K.

Scumbags are not just in the NWP of the USA, as you can say - we have our very own here in yUK. This is why I do not publicise MY trains.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

(http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/blu-ray-phaser.jpg)

One of these would be nice, no evidence left.

“Mr. Sulu, set phasers on Extra Crispy.”

WOW! Terry,
that is a terrible loss to whoever it is. I hope it is soon found and returned to the rightful owner: I have doubts however that will happen.

Victor: your option may work fine in the States. In a recent hold up in Wisconsin one of the crooks was shot by the store owner. The Sheriffs department said he was within his rights to protect himself.

As Tac will bear out that is not the case here. The store owner would have been arrested and most likely tried for manslaughter (whatever that equates to in the States) and the crook given a slap on the wrist and compensation!

Truly sad thing is, I’m still willing to bet that Dave probably would have GIVEN the stuff that was stolen to whoever took it, if he had only asked and really needed it.

BTW Ozark Miniatures now has water tank spouts. Nice metal ones for hooking to a model T coil or electric fencer. More fun than a bullet and maybe more effective (Dead pukes CAN’T learn better)

Mik said:
BTW Ozark Miniatures now has water tank spouts. Nice metal ones for hooking to a model T coil or electric fencer. More fun than a bullet and maybe more effective (Dead pukes CAN'T learn better)
That occured to me too, if you look around you can find everything taken including the spout made from someone, it really makes me shake my head, not only is the guy a crook, he's a cheap one... :(

Update:

No word yet on the missing stuff, but in the meantime I researched POLA and the new owners, Faller.
Faller has a Customer Service web page for “parts”.

I dutifully filled it out, listing all the bits and why I needed them.
They wanted casting sprue numbers.
Fortunately, tank #6 is unassembled in the basement, s I had those numbers.

Today’s mail had a box from Faller.
2 spouts.
2 pulley blocks.
2 pulleys.
1-1/2 chains (cut, wrong ends…looked like leftovers)
1 weight.

I was surprised.
Granted, short a weight and a full chain (altho I was able to connect up bits and make them work).

Not cheap, but not too expensive either, but a cost I should not have had to incur.

Never did get a reply e-mail from them, just parts and an invoice.

Both tanks back in service tonight.

Good to hear, Dave.

You need to place a guard out there.

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/Structures/Cabin/DSC01764.JPG)

Pretty good customer service.

I’m glad to hear you got parts to fix things Dave.

I dont know if you actually raise and lower the spouts during Ops, but glueing everything in could prevent future pinching…the parts at least.

Dave,

I hate to say it, but you may now be referred to as a “parts supplier”.

I would do the same, but the potential is there.

Barry - BBT

I’m thinking, if you don’t like the zap to discourage them, then how about a short bit of monofilament line connected to trip one of those battery operated personal alarm thingies. a nice loud one

I’m thinking boobs, perky ones
I’m better now!
:wink:

This just pisses me off too! Catch them red handed and then post there mug on here after you adjust their molars and wisdom teeth appropriately.

These incidents started before the August issue of GR mag ? Did they become more frequent afterwards . . . .

Yes this would be very depressing and whenever i think it would be cool to add to my layout having a loop pop out one side of the property thru the fence and come back in on the other side via the front space I remember negative scenarios such as yours !

Good Luck,
doug c

I really hate to drag this back up…but…

I was doing repairs today.
My Pola sanding tower, which is kept INside when not operating…went to re-glue some loose ladders, found the entire spout, chains, everything had been ripped out, and the tank base knocked completely loose from the supports.

Kind of eliminates any question of critters, since it is kept insude.

I did check around the bottom of the cabinet it sits on…nothing there.

I do believe it might be in my best interests to just shut this down.

I probably didn’t see that missing before…had I checked EVERY structure, I could have gotten the bits out…but now I’m just beyond pissed.

Just remove all the buildings and set out cardboard boxes labeled “WATER TANK”, “SANDING TOWER”, etc.

-Brian