Large Scale Central

Pissed off

Brian, they would melt away in our wonderful rain! But that is an idea. Maybe better some 4x4, 4x6, and 6x6 blocks of wood with the names painted on them!

Paul

3 things come to mind, in order… A camera, a 12 gauge, and a backhoe

Dave am I reading this right, was it inside when you found it damaged?

I would have 2 questions: who carried it inside after the last op session, and was in good condition when it was brought in?

If the answers are, you did, and it was fine, then I dunno, you got a real whodunnit mystery…and not a good one.

I think this happened when the other bits went missing.
Clean strip, and when it’s stored, you can’t see it.
Too high to reach on top of the engine shed, which is on top of the big cabinet, and turned sideways.

I just happened to drag it down today for maintenance check, and realized what had transpired.

Spent the evening (22 degrees outside) in my shop digging around…
Found a whole bunch of solid downspouts from old kits.

Cut, fit, drilled the ends for brass rod inserts, fitted, glued, painted (gun-metal), waiting for paint to dry.

Screw 'em, I MADE a new one.

now all ya gotta do is wire 'em for 440v… Or better yet hook em up to a DC welder so the perp CAN’T let go hehehehe

with friends like that who needs eNMRA’s

:0

Curmudgeon said:
Spent the evening (22 degrees outside) in my shop digging around...... Found a whole bunch of solid downspouts from old kits.

Cut, fit, drilled the ends for brass rod inserts, fitted, glued, painted (gun-metal), waiting for paint to dry.

Screw 'em, I MADE a new one.

22 degrees?!!!? In Seattle?!!? Maybe there is sumpin to this glow ball war ming. :lol:

It got all the way up to 3 F here in beautiful downtown Deer Park.

That’s warm.

11 yesterday.

OK the lowest wes 22 ºF in East Bummertown and I then moved the set so we shall see what it does tonight. Yes Steve 22ºF in the Seattle and LOWER in the outlying areas! I was in Federal Way this AM (11 AM) and it was 31ºF on the sign! And this is dry COLD! I left TOC’s early last Friday as it was just too cold and I was hurting all over! Age is a BITCH!

Victor: I put it out and I did not notice any thing at that time but I may have not really seen it as I just put it out and pluged in the light but I am not sure what it was doing.

Mik, the camera to catch them, the shotgum to got them, and the backhoe to get rid of the evidence, that I can do about 20 feet deep! It confusses the dogs! I like the idea! If you are too cheap to buy what you think you need, you should just stay home!

I like running at TOC’s but these things just make me mad! Runs it for the rest of us!

Paul

I have also helped at various times with setting out and putting away at OPS@TOC’s. This has made me realize as well how little attention I was paying to the details. As Paul says THIS REALLY MAKES ME MAD AND “RUINS” IT FOR THE REST OF US! As an employee of a Law Enforcement agency I could of course never suggest or endorse any unlawfull retribution. By the way Dave aleady knows you cannot do a ballistic comparison on buckshot and the deepest part of Puget Sound is very close to the Edmonds Kingston Ferry route.
John

Curmudgeon said:
The longer I think about it, the closer I am to abandoning the railroad in place. Stop all ops.
I certainly HOPE NOT. One of these days, if I can ever get to Seattle, I want to see the layout. I don't have an opportunity to see too many of them. In fact, the last one I saw stateside was back in 1999 in Portland.

I know the feeling and am sympathetic about that feeling regarding “abandoning the railroad in place,” although in my case for other reasons. As it is, I keep my visitor traffic under very tight control. But if things started turning up missing, well, that would not be so good. So far, so good.