Large Scale Central

Pics

Might be getting somewhere.

I chose Google Photos to host some pics. It doesn’t seem to mind if they come from a Mac’s desktop.

However, you can’t resize them on Google. I have to do that on the Mac using Preview before dragging them to Google photos.

Then just follow Gary’s steps and there is the pic.

This pic is to make Rooster drool.

Hmm I don’t see a pic.

Jason

Does anyone but me see a pic?

Nope…

Well, I guess that doesn’t work either. ^&^%$#!!!

(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-sealed.gif)

I don’t see one either.

I do not see one either, nor do I see any signs of one when I quote your post.

Could you please list the steps that you’re taking so that perhaps we can know where you went wrong?

I just uploaded this one to my freight shed, looked at it (by clicking on it) and then said “Copy image location”. Then I clicked on the image button and inserted it, pasting the copied location in the source. All done on Mac.

I see a pic of a small gazebo with paving stones and newly planted area. Pic was embedded in last message.

Bruce Chandler said:

I do not see one either, nor do I see any signs of one when I quote your post.

Could you please list the steps that you’re taking so that perhaps we can know where you went wrong?

I just uploaded this one to my freight shed, looked at it (by clicking on it) and then said “Copy image location”. Then I clicked on the image button and inserted it, pasting the copied location in the source. All done on Mac.

Dang Bruce That’s one nice upgrade over the last pics of the yard you posted. (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)

Bruce, it doesn’t matter what I do with my Mac,

I keep getting the message

“this document is not supported” so I can’t even right click any picture to get the code to

insert it.

John, how old is your Mac? And what is the age of yout operating system? I haven’t tried to load a picture yet but I wonder if your operating system is too old or too new! Just a thought!

Doug Arnold said:

John, how old is your Mac? And what is the age of yout operating system? I haven’t tried to load a picture yet but I wonder if your operating system is too old or too new! Just a thought!

Hey Doug,

Early on, John said he was using Catalina as his OS and Safari as his browser. I’m still using Mojave (OS just before Catalina was introduced). I have resisted upgrading to Catalina because I’ve talked to a number of Mac users saying that Catalina has problems with some programs.

John Bouck said:

Bruce, it doesn’t matter what I do with my Mac,

I keep getting the message

“this document is not supported” so I can’t even right click any picture to get the code to

insert it.

Could it still be .jpeg? I forgot, I left that step out. I changed the extension to be .jpg.

I’ll admit my Mac is old. (2014). And I prolly should replace it. I keep it updated.

I moved over to Chrome to try some tests, with the same results. “Not supported”

One thing I did, I dragged a RR club members pic out of his FaceBook to my desktop.

Then dragged it to my freight shed.

Then got the insert code

And here it is.

It is a .jpg

Does everyone see it?

Bruce might have solved the problem.

I can see it John!(https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)

The problem is partially solved. I have to figure out how to change

all my pics to .jpg. I need to find an app. Doing it with Preview (Mac’s photo editing program) is a big pain.

Edited: Preview doesn’t even have .jpg option on its choices. Only .jpeg

This is a .png I changed in Preview.

Can you see it?

John Bouck said:

This is a .png I changed in Preview.

Can you see it?

I can see it, but it looks like the aspect ratio might be off a bit; or is that car on the left really very low and long? I guess it must be as the one on the right looks OK.

Jon,

That’s a 40’ enclosed brine tank car that Rooster really wants.

The other is a 30’ reefer. I scratched them both.

Aspect is correct.

John Bouck said:

The problem is partially solved. I have to figure out how to change

all my pics to .jpg. I need to find an app. Doing it with Preview (Mac’s photo editing program) is a big pain.

Edited: Preview doesn’t even have .jpg option on its choices. Only .jpeg

John, I am very new to the Mac. On mine, I just go into FINDER and change the extension (delete the ‘e’ to make it .jpg). I have no idea if you have finder or not.(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-embarassed.gif)