Large Scale Central

Pics new Piko Euro 0-6-0T engine

http://www.gscalemad.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=266 OK folks, first pics of Pikos new European 0-6-0T engine, from the Gscalemad forum…

Can you say…Playmobile? :open_mouth: I knew you could :smiley: Might be a great bashing platform though :wink:

That is pretty awful. I hope the PIKO US version is better than that. It looks better, from the drawings

Mike, on GSM it says this is a preproduction test model, so the finish version might be betterlooking. I only care about 2 things, price-will be affordable to po’folks like me, and reliability-is it a strong drive, I’ll take care of everything from the wheels up. :wink:

That cast one-piece valve gear really blew my mind.

Vic,

I saw reference to this on SBF, after checking it out I refrained from posting the link. :wink: :slight_smile: :wink: Mind you, it’s pretty good for starter set content!

HJ “good” I think is relative, depends on the price asked, if its a good price, I’ll pick up a couple myself to bash, but ask too much and no ones going to touch it with a 10’ sausage. :wink:

Vic,

You already know what’s in that starter set, from that you can draw a straight line to the target market. The “mangling community” is just a side benefit.

To the weeeegeee boards!
Will HJ or Hanks predict accurately:
1 -Who will distribute this starter loco and set? (I say the folk in San Diego)
2 -What train shops will carry it? (I say few outside of Train World and Ridge Rd – except those that carry Lionel UNLESS this set comes out in around-the-tree packaging for Christmas – then any remaining toy store’s window has one as a feature)
3 -Will the packaging have a LGB of America logo on it? (I say no. PIKO does not want to confuse its pioneering brand efforts in Large Scale as it conquers the New World).
4 - Will HJ offer any new bits of tid he has regarding this continuing saga? (Oh, please! I say he will when the translations catch his interest)
5 - What would happen if HJ quit translating and feeding the historically curious? (Ah, the dark ages return).

For any commentary – there’s plenty of room
Selah,

Wendell

Wendell,

As of right now I’m only interested to have a good time on holidays. C’est la vie for the next two weeks. :wink: :slight_smile:

mike omalley said:
That is pretty awful. I hope the PIKO US version is better than that. It looks better, from the drawings
I'm certain it will look much better with the Union Pacific paint job: Much more 'prototypical.' :) :) ;)

Happy RRing,

Jerry

(http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/blackburn49/MLS/38100-set.jpg)

Wendell Hanks said:
Selah,

Wendell

Selah?

Nu?

tac

Wendell Hanks said:
To the weeeegeee boards! Will HJ or Hanks predict accurately: 1 -Who will distribute this starter loco and set? (I say the folk in San Diego) 2 -What train shops will carry it? (I say few outside of Train World and Ridge Rd -- except those that carry Lionel UNLESS this set comes out in around-the-tree packaging for Christmas -- then any remaining toy store's window has one as a feature) 3 -Will the packaging have a LGB of America logo on it? (I say no. PIKO does not want to confuse its pioneering brand efforts in Large Scale as it conquers the New World). 4 - Will HJ offer any new bits of tid he has regarding this continuing saga? (Oh, please! I say he will when the translations catch his interest) 5 - What would happen if HJ quit translating and feeding the historically curious? (Ah, the dark ages return).

Selah,

Wendell

1. Silvergate Distributors, Inc.
    2.Many
    3.No
    4.Don’t care
    5.really don’t care
John Joseph Sauer said:
Wendell Hanks said:
To the weeeegeee boards! Will HJ or Hanks predict accurately: 1 -Who will distribute this starter loco and set? (I say the folk in San Diego) 2 -What train shops will carry it? (I say few outside of Train World and Ridge Rd -- except those that carry Lionel UNLESS this set comes out in around-the-tree packaging for Christmas -- then any remaining toy store's window has one as a feature) 3 -Will the packaging have a LGB of America logo on it? (I say no. PIKO does not want to confuse its pioneering brand efforts in Large Scale as it conquers the New World). 4 - Will HJ offer any new bits of tid he has regarding this continuing saga? (Oh, please! I say he will when the translations catch his interest) 5 - What would happen if HJ quit translating and feeding the historically curious? (Ah, the dark ages return).

Selah,

Wendell

1. Silvergate Distributors, Inc.
    2.Many
    3.No
    4.Don’t care
    5.really don’t care

Marvin,

Don’t worry your little mind, if and when there is something of note to report i.e. CEO Axel Dietz leaves at the end of September, not as previously announced at the end of the year; I will translate :wink: :). Even if it doesn’t suit (or interest) historical curiosities like you. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I’ll even report on interesting things regarding PIKO and/or Slivergate i.e. I hear that the auction of the old LGBoA signage was a success. Too bad he wouldn’t ship to Canada. :lol: Perhaps next time there will be a “Canada only” restriction. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

BUT first things first: 2 weeks of holidays at the other end of The GWN. No, I’m not taking the laptop, all I need is to check the email once in a while. No problem where we’re going. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I’m still looking forward to seeing these in person, particularly the US profile tanker. I have 2 concerns, 1: price, and 2: durability of the drive brick. IF its affordable to poverty stricken model railroaders like me, and IF it has a decent drive mechanism, I’ll definetly pick up one, or two. I can cut away the 1/29 cab and rebuild to my own standards and add any details to the boiler shell I fel are need, and I dont think I’m alone in this notion of eyeing this lokie as a potential major bashing platform.

I for one welcome any new affordable (for me) items to the market that are also geared towards the smaller layout guys, as there havent been that many recently.

:smiley:

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
if and when there is something of note to report i.e. CEO Axel Dietz leaves at the end of September, not as previously announced at the end of the year; I will translate
Do you mean things like the fact that they are not actually going to replace Dietz. That his duties will be divided among at least two others. That even though they continue to report good sales, they are deeply in the red.

At least, that’s what I’ve been reading.

Jack Barton said:
Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
if and when there is something of note to report i.e. CEO Axel Dietz leaves at the end of September, not as previously announced at the end of the year; I will translate
Do you mean things like the fact that they are not actually going to replace Dietz. That his duties will be divided among at least two others. That even though they continue to report good sales, they are deeply in the red.

At least, that’s what I’ve been reading.

Since you read all that I’m sure you also read the reasons why they go directly with the two people who actually know what’s going on in the different corporate sections, right?? Looks like the board could easily do without the “Dietz Filter”, not even taking into account some of his “snap” decisions.

Of course they are still in the Red, the routine required to get an enterprise back to to profitability is a bit more involved than i.e. scheduling one more school bus.

Apart from that, remember just over a year ago they were awarded the usefull remnants of EPL Patentwerk, lots of red at that place including the packaging.

PS I’m surprised you didn’t bid on the LGBoA sign remnants, afterall they are a true “Kollektors” item, aren’t they?

Wendell Hanks said:
5 - What would happen if HJ quit translating and feeding the historically curious? (Ah, the dark ages return).

Wendell

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
..... Looks like the board could easily do without the "Dietz Filter"
Just pointing out that maybe we could do without the Mueller filter. Wendell doesn't realize that you chose to leave many things "in the dark".
Jack Barton said:
Wendell Hanks said:

Wendell

Hans-Joerg Mueller said:
..... Looks like the board could easily do without the "Dietz Filter"
Just pointing out that maybe we could do without the Mueller filter. Wendell doesn't realize that you chose to leave many things "in the dark".
Jack

Let me brighten your day - hate to see you being in the dark as usual. As you know everyone (who is registered here) can start any topic to his heart’s desire. Soooooo please feel free to report any and all that you find interesting in the LS field and don’t hold back with the translations, just spare us the Google and Bablefish stuff; we are familiar with those who are coining such gems as “Ventilators”.
BTW it is quite possible that you will find all kinds of “stuff” that is interesting to you, you do have the extra time. It will be interesting to read what all you miss, it’s been more than a year that you missed on a regular basis with all your “wait 'til next week!” declarations. Getting a little refresher on your “crystal ball” talents would be a nicely hilarious interlude!

Me? I still run a business, I build a model railway in the garden etc. etc. - imagine I even get to go on holidays. In other words, I just don’t find the time to report everything that might interest you, but chances are I read most of it anyway, especially the stuff that comes off the “News Feed”.

PS Have to get cracking, still have to finish unloading the vehicle.

Recall? It was Wendell that was asking the question. All the repetition seems to come from your side. Stuck in a rut?

Jack Barton said:
Recall? It was Wendell that was asking the question. All the repetition seems to come from your side. Stuck in a rut?
I think he needs a vacation Jack- Two weeks of silence would be quite nice!