Large Scale Central

Oh, my

Zero

The parts site does not show the base for the domes. I think the buyer did not look closely enough, or was simply a little optimistic. He really does not have a gripe.

The base, as in the sides, or the saddle where the dome hits the boiler? If so, as Tim points out:

http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_69_141&products_id=526

No saddle shown.

Maybe it would help if they actually posted some diagrams on the site too, to show the actual parts? But then they have clear enough photos it seems.

None of the On30 or Fn3 Porter bits I need tho…

Yeah, there’s a pic of the part and the dome bases are usually integrated into the boiler casting.
I dunno. Seems like operator error to me.

-Brian

“operator error” my ass Brian… don’t speak to things you don’t know of… I’m the one who posted that… AND I looked at the photo… I also know that Bachmann was heralding online, and IN PERSON the greatness of the “new” parts departmart - for amongst others - kitbashers…

The fact is, if you’re going to sell the “sand dome” then do so… if you’re only going to sell PART of it… then SAY SO… I just blew upwards of 50 bucks… for NOTHING… the damn parts aren’t worth the 2 cents of plastic they’re made from if they won’t fit on an engine! Ozark, Trackside… AND EVEN BACHMANN have made their sand domes and steam domes, including parts, COMPLETE so as to be moved, repositioned, etc… Don’t believe me, look at the 2-8-0… hom many HUNDREDS of poeple have shifted the sand and steam dome placements on that engine over the years?

Fact is, Bachmann photos are worthless… we’ve all seen the “photoshopped” images… and even worse, seen the Bachman himself tell those that complained “the image didn’t match the product I got” that the photos are just approximations… so don’t go talking about the “pic” - Bman themselves say that their own pics don’t mean anything… (and they say this on their own forum).

Point is… they offered for sale the “Steam dome”… NOT “Steam dome top and middle” Not “2/3rds Steam Dome”… no - they offered it as if it was a complete item… and then shipped less than the entire “steam dome.”

Now - it the base a casting? Who F’ing knows!! there’s no damn exploded diagram online that shows the part… believe me - I went looking before I placed the order… hell I even went and looked at my own K27 on the workbench. Beats the hell out of me if the base is cast in to the boiler or not…

So… the only option I had… was to take Bachmann at their word… the offered “the steam dome” and so I expected “the steam dome” not 2/3rds of it…

Don’t going telling me I made a mistake… you arrogant ass.

Brian,
looks like another refugee from that other site come over to pester and abuse. I am sure that if I was to purchase the dome then I would not expect to receive the base. If not pictured then do not assume. Quite likely Accucraft offers domes and bases as separate mouldings. I certainly would not register on a forum, using a pseudonym, simply to abuse someone who has made a valid point.

Of all the people to abuse,  I feel our new member (parkdesigner) has awakened the sleeping tiger with his vitriolic tongue.

PD it appears that you and I both had post deleted on the Bmann fora in time for the new year…

Wow PD being a new member I’d like to say welcome, but when you attack a member so viciously who has offered so much useful info over the years I can’t find that word welcome in my vocabulary.

josh Updike said:
"operator error" my ass Brian... don't speak to things you don't know of... I'm the one who posted that... AND I looked at the photo.... I also know that Bachmann was heralding online, and IN PERSON the greatness of the "new" parts departmart - for amongst others - kitbashers....

The fact is, if you’re going to sell the “sand dome” then do so… if you’re only going to sell PART of it… then SAY SO… I just blew upwards of 50 bucks… for NOTHING… the damn parts aren’t worth the 2 cents of plastic they’re made from if they won’t fit on an engine! Ozark, Trackside… AND EVEN BACHMANN have made their sand domes and steam domes, including parts, COMPLETE so as to be moved, repositioned, etc… Don’t believe me, look at the 2-8-0… hom many HUNDREDS of poeple have shifted the sand and steam dome placements on that engine over the years?

Fact is, Bachmann photos are worthless… we’ve all seen the “photoshopped” images… and even worse, seen the Bachman himself tell those that complained “the image didn’t match the product I got” that the photos are just approximations… so don’t go talking about the “pic” - Bman themselves say that their own pics don’t mean anything… (and they say this on their own forum).

Point is… they offered for sale the “Steam dome”… NOT “Steam dome top and middle” Not “2/3rds Steam Dome”… no - they offered it as if it was a complete item… and then shipped less than the entire “steam dome.”

Now - it the base a casting? Who F’ing knows!! there’s no damn exploded diagram online that shows the part… believe me - I went looking before I placed the order… hell I even went and looked at my own K27 on the workbench. Beats the hell out of me if the base is cast in to the boiler or not…

So… the only option I had… was to take Bachmann at their word… the offered “the steam dome” and so I expected “the steam dome” not 2/3rds of it…

Don’t going telling me I made a mistake… you arrogant ass.

Welcome to the forum and happy new year.
I love a guy who never makes mistakes.

-Brian

donning asbestos underwear

I always wonder what a person who will not use his/her/it’s real name, is hiding. I will never respond to such a person. Then to have one of these persons, on his/her/it’s first post, use such vulger terms, tells me that my stand is appropriate.
I am known as “Fr.Fred”, but if anyone cares to know my full name, all they have to do is go to my profile…I have nothing to hide, and am proud to be here on this web site.

Hear, Hear, Fred!!!

the person known as tac because nobody can pronounce his name properly, or even at all, mostly.
www.ovgrs.org

Fred Mills said:
I always wonder what a person who will not use his/her/it's real name, is hiding.
Fred, if you look at my quote of his post his real name is listed. I guess he changed his profile after his initial post.

-Brian

josh Updike said:
Don't going telling me I made a mistake... you arrogant ass.
Yeah Brian, You arrogant ass! :lol: Ooohhh yes... ;)
Quote:
... ... there's no damn exploded diagram online that shows the part.... believe me - I went looking before I placed the order...
Look under the "Product Reference" tab, under the subtab "diagrams?" Drawings for most of Bachmann's products can be found. Here's the link for the 2-8-2. They're .pdf files, so you can download and save them to your computer for future reference. [url]http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/dwg/dwgs/83093.pdf[/url]

I have no idea whether they were there or not when Parkdesigner went looking for them–sometimes web pages go offline for some reason or another–but that’s where they can be found.

Later,

K

Fred Mills said:
I always wonder what a person who will not use his/her/it's real name, is hiding.
The fact that they really don't care all that much for their given name, and have grown to kind of like the nickname/handle that they were given more? as for not reading stuff by people who don't use 'real names'. I eat what's in the can, not the label... so the content of the post is more important than the name of the author. If it's beets (not interesting), smoked clams (insulting), or garbanzo beans (nonsense)... THEN I pass.

Zero

So let me get this straight… because I use the name that I have used for 8+ years, on most every forum out there in this hobby, which hundreds know me by, rather than a name I’m guessing less than 20 people in the world know, the LSC community finds this distressful huh? Sheesh! If I HAD wanted to hide, I would have used my real name… but as Brian… aka “alterrain” so skillfully pointed out, I changed my name after posting… so that people WOULD know who I am… For the record there is a “Mik” “Curmudgeon” and “Garrett” on this thread as well… so “TAC,” and “Father” as far as “not using my real name”…and Tim, as far as using a “pseudonym”… pull your heads’ out of your collective smug rear-ends and recognize that maybe, just maybe, I changed it for BETTER transparency on the board, so folks WOULD know who I am… I have nothing to hide, and I take offense at the insinuation otherwise. That said, Cale, yes, you and me both! Not sure why they pulled it, seeing as how I tried to be nice - I truly did mean it when saying it was great that parts were now for sale (and it is), I simply was pointing out a concern that others out there will do as I, buy the domes for kitbashing purposes and then find out they’re not complete… Tim - “if not pictured do not assume” what would you have me do then? Seeing as how “The Bachman” - the guy that WORKS for Bmann has said - (to paraphrase) “just because it’s in the photo doesn’t mean it will be like that…” when referring to their last engine (the 2-6-6-2) when some poor sap on the Bmann forum questioned why his engine in hand did not match the official online photos… what then? Clearly it’s a crap shoot to purchase based on photos… drawings perhaps? Good thought!!! Kevin… you’re right… there is a drawing that would have shown the parts (or not) online - how you go there I don’t know! LOL!! I went to the same tab, went to the K27 Manual, chose “diagrams” and got this: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/k-27/installdocuments/TRAIN-3_Converted.pdf for “boiler and chasis.” For the record I DID email the service department asking - and never got a response… and I did spend time poking around on my K27, (and there ARE part lines on the saddles/bases) but found that visually, it was inconclusive. The only thing I had left was to go by the title “Steam Dome” and “Sand Dome”… the didn’t say “Steam Dome TOP” they didn’t say “Sand Dome Ex. Base” - no - they simply listed the item. So, to recap… 1) I looked at the photo a) Tim Brien says “trust the photo” b) “The Bachmann” says “don’t always trust the photo” c) the photo in question is “photoshopped/cropped” unlike most shots that show the part laying on a table top (clearly illustrating what you get)… (my bet is the photo is of the “dome” ON the engine, with the engine cropped out) Steam D

(http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/LargeScale_parts/G830X-OAEO4.jpg)

Sand D

(http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/LargeScale_parts/G830X-OAEO2.jpg)

Air Tank

(http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/LargeScale_parts/G830X-OBGO1.jpg)

Generator

(http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/LargeScale_parts/G830X-OBQO2.jpg)

Trailing Truck

(http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/images/LargeScale_parts/G830X-OBTO2.jpg)

Notice how the other photos are not cropped? That they are photographed clearly on a dissimilar colored background, showing the part in its entirety? Next? 2) Look at the drawings… a) as I said above, I did, and could not find them on the site… I did find a collection of drawings under the K-27 listing, but this apparently was not the complete set. The “boiler” dwg in this section did not indicate that the base was or was not cast in. Ok, 3) Email Bachmann… a) Did, no response before ordering b) Still, no response after ordering Then… 4) Look at other, similar, parts a) Accucraft domes are sold, with the base b) Ozark, for the most parts sells domes with bases, but clearly shows the ones that don’t c) Trackside sells parts seperatly, and lists them as such, ie “Dome Top” “Dome Base” etc d) BACHMANN small scale domes come with cast in bases e) BACHMANN LARGE SCALE 1:20.3 2-8-0’s (the closest thing to the K-27) come with complete domes, including the base as the part of the “part.” So, in summation, I looked at the photo, I looked at the drawings I emailed Bachmann I researched other products from Bachmann I researched other products from Others Finally, I took the listing at their word. So maybe Bachmann says “don’t trust the photo” but maybe you can trust the listing. “Steam Dome”… not “Partial Steam Dome,” not “Steam Dome Top and Middle,” not “Steam Dome without Base.” No - just “Steam Dome.” No, ultimately, I buy the part, I receive it, and I discover that it is incomplete. So, as a service to other “modelers” out there (you remember modelers, right? They’re the guys that build stuff, rather than arm-chair quarterbacking it from the forums with a sense of smug entitlement)… So, as a SERVICE to other modelers, I respectfully ask Bachmann, on THEIR site, what the deal was, and waited for a response… NOW comes LSC to the picture… TOC rebroadcasts the message here, I assume, like me, to help the modelers here… so others don’t get caught in a costly mistake/misunderstanding… and low and behold Brian, aka alterrain, ATTACKS ME. YOU don’t have all the facts Brain. YOU were not a part of the exchange, purchase, or discussion. YOU have absolutely no vested interest in the situation (other than to say “THANK YOU” for giving you, and all modelers, a head’s up before ordering parts for kitbashing)… but, that doesn’t stop you from chiming in, and claiming that I’m the one that erred. That I’m at fault… Yeah - arrogant ass fits just fine I think. You didn’t need to attack me. You didn’t need to attack anyone. You didn’t need to respond period. I can’t speak to TOC’s motives, but as to mine for posting, the reason was clear… to HELP other modelers. To HELP guys like you… sheesh! You’re welcome… So, yeah, there ya go… long time lurker, first time poster - drawn out because he was attacked by Brian Donovan as the one “at fault” even though Brian did not have all the facts or information, and then, in defending himself, attacked further by some of the “locals” of LSC that he has revered for years… all because he made sure to change his profile so that people would know who he was, rather than left scratching their heads as to who “josh” was… well, sorry I tried to be helpful. I sure as hell won’t try to help or share again, I’ve certainly been taught my lesson here at LSC.

Oh dear! What a start to the year! :confused:

Humour on:

Man, am I glad I don’t need any spare parts. No, we don’t eat turkey either!

Humour off!

Brian:

I don’t how to read this crap that was dumped on your head. When I was working as a Quality Control Inspector for a contractor us inspectors and the sub-contractors had many pissing contests and battles on the job sites but we never took the battles that far in the verbage. We had an understanding that we agree to disagree and at least tried to keep it friendly and professional.

It sounds to me like the person that crapped on you might have had a few too many glasses of New Years Cheer when he hit the submit button my friend. One of the problems of the internet is that once you hit send or submit theres no going to the mailbox in the morning and retrieving your message.

Thats a lesson learned from the early Prodigy online days when the internet was first becoming available to us. Yeah–I’m that old. Turned 66 in October and still online sine 1986.

I’ll probably get dumped on for sending this but I really don’t give a flying f***.\

HAVE A GOOD NEW YEARS BRIAN.

RUDY JAGER