Large Scale Central

Now it is spring, so lets get to work!

OK, it is now getting warmer so I can get so some trackwork done, as in replaceing elevated wood road bed, it roted out ov the last 10 years! Bummer. Pictures later.

Paul

Look forward to seeing the repair
Mike

I haven’t been able to get motivated recently. I got a lot done during our summer preview a few weeks ago, but even though it has been sunny, the wind here has been brutal. The next project is to dig the garden tractor out from under a pile of sign scrap so I can load up the trailer with some dirt I need moved. Then I can get back to work on the roadbed leading up to the new bridge.

Me, I have 5 tons of wall rock that need to be wheelbarrow-ed across the back yard.

Spent Sat working on the caboose cupola… spent Sunday working on the railroad, pulling weeds, fixing water drainage damage stuff, etc, etc…

Ya load the 16 ton and what does ya git ?

Jon Radder said:
[url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e6/Sixteen_Tons_-_Chorus_-_Ernie_Ford.ogg]Ya load the 16 ton and what does ya git ?[/url]
A reason to make a posting of what you are doing on LSC. Of course, I just did it to answer the question that was posted by Jon. Sometimes I have to motivated to do less than what I wasn't dong before.

Yep its summer and the projects are piling up.besides. Between yard work and house I won’t be able to do much on the layout so don’t expect alot of updates from me . I got to re-fence the yard this year.

This is the first warm week we’ve had all year. It might get all the way up to 60 F, if we are lucky. I’m working on benchwork. Pics later, if I can find the camera.

The forecast was for 13ºC yesterday, 21º today and 13º tomorrow,

Reality: 18º yesterday, … the rest later.

Anyway, when I looked at the forecast I figured someone made a typo.

I’m busy cleaning up in the garden, spraying the &%$*^# weeds, which always show up before any of the better stuff. No shortage of projects now that the snow is gone (for the moment) and it is nice weather.

Spent all day yesterday and today trying to get tons of Maple leaves off the layout. And those friggin seed pods.
Musta been millions of them.
It’s clean enough to ballast and get to runnin’.

Ran last Tuesday with a couple of my buddies and then ran again on Sunday after dinner for my grandson. I loved the expression on his little face watching my shay run around the layout. His 2nd birthday was Saturday and everything he got was “Thomas the Train”. My son said he slept with it all that night.

Bob, don’t you have that rock moved yet?

Besides the train barn I’ve been moving a little rock and dirt to build a switchback siding for the mine mill which hasn’t been built yet!. Rock moving doesn’t go as fast as it used to!

Doug: Ive been busy as heck for the last two weeks at work. Just started moving the rock yesterday. Should be all moved by this weekend.

Bob McCown said:
Doug: Ive been busy as heck for the last two weeks at work. Just started moving the rock yesterday. Should be all moved by this weekend.
Don't tell Shawn......he will arrest you for that! ;)

Maybe where YOU are. It rained again yesterday and today, with thunderstorms and heavy rain. Yesterday some hail in the area, and a tornado touched down near French Creek (south of Stockton, CA).

Then it will take at least a couple of days to dry out, and more storms coming in end of next week! Good thing I’ve a few indoor projects like laying track on my train shed yard, finish reassembling Bachmann Annie with the new Barry-drive.

Spring won’t arrive until the day before Summer starts – In about a month the way things are going. But I’m glad to have the rain in the valley and snow in the mountains. That snow is summer’s water!

…and it is not to great here in the UK. Sunny with a temp of plus 5c!! (39F) and earlier FOG with viz down to 300 feet horizontally. Spring?

Nicer weather has returned today. If I can stay awake after work I might get some dirt moved.

Nice weather here, too. Im modifying my former swing bridge (swung horizontally) into a “lift her up” bridge. Picture to follow … some day.

Same day service

(http:///P1/OldLandwasser01_s.jpg)

The old one

(http:///P1/Lift-upBridge01_s.jpg)

The modified one

(http:///P1/Lift-upBridge02_s.jpg)

One can even duck under it instead of crawling through.