Large Scale Central

NOT NEW TO LARGE SCALE

HEY, Y’ALL!
I’m Uncle Bob and while I’m not new to large scale (since 1993), I am new here. Looks like a really neat forum. I’ll try to fit in.
I model CSX, and have an indoor layout under construction in a 28ftX29ft space.

Welcome Uncle Bob, Good to have ya, we always need another uncle.

Quote:
we always need another uncle."
Especially if they're the long-lost rich variety. :)

Seriously, welcome aboard. BTW, we’re especially fond of photos here, so feel free to show us what you’re up to.

Later,

K

Welcome Bob. Like Kevin said we like photos so if you have some feel free to post them.

Thanks guys,
OK, I’ve posted 3 from the old Miami layout on Photo Gallery.

OOPS! Ment for them to go to “general” as the layout was 1/29 but they ended uo in 1/20. May take me a while to get the hang of things here. Sorry about that.

Welcome aboard!

indoors AND 1:29 ?
that’s just the kind of uncle i need. so Bob is my uncle…

Welcome. You chose a great forum with a great group of guys.

Welcome indeed. We are slightly mad here, but it helps to make us all fit in.

tac

Welcome aboard Uncle Bob. But don’t be afraid of putting the pics here.

(http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/dltrains/trackwork/HPIM1800.jpg)

Makes it easier for us old folk

Welcome Uncle Bob,
Tigers fan? Can I follow the “Paws” to your house?
Ralph

Welcome Bob…

Welcome!

I would really like to thank y’all for the warm welcome. Indeed, this does seem to be a great group and I look forward to getting to know each of you. If anyone cares to contact me directly it’s: [email protected]. I’d love to post pictures here but haven’t figured out how so maybe somebody can help 'ole Bob get going on this.
And yes, I do live in the shadow of Clemson University but the thing is, I’m a BULLDOG fan.
Go figure!

Welcome aboard! I too have an indoor G-Scale layout. There are a few of us here.

Here’s Bruce Chandler’s tutorial on uploading pictures. I really wish Bob Mc would make this a “sticky” on the General Discussion forum.
Ralph

http://www.largescalecentral.com/articles/view.php?id=96

Welcome! My layout is both indoors and outdoors. Indoors it’s basically just track on plywood. Maybe someday it will look like something :slight_smile: I’d love to see some of what you’ve done. If Bruce’s tutorial doesn’t help you get pictures posted in the forums, just ask and we’ll be glad to help. I just looked at the few you posted in the gallery. WOW this is Large Scale?

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/gallery/plog-content/thumbs/main-gallery/120/large/2990-along-59th-st.jpg)

The amount of detail is amazing.

We need to get Doug or another Mac user to write up a Mac photo tutorial :wink:
Ralph

Jon, thanks for moving one of my photos over. Scene is based on 59th St at 37th ave in Hialeah (Miami) Fl. I modeled outdoors for years. That’s where real railroads are but it’s hard to have the detail one can do inside. Also, indoors, the layout can be near eye level and I like that. CSX 3413 is a GP39-2 (made from a USA GP38) and is battery-R/C. Track is code 250 Sunset Valley/switches: mostly #6. Last June we moved (back hme) and all this came down. Now I’m wrecking it all apart for material to use on the new layout. It’ll also be CSX but this time in Tennessee and set in WINTER.