Large Scale Central

Nitty-gritty questions

Bob,

On the above, how will that work with a train picking up the assembled cars - that could be at the originating point or along the way.

And how does that work in case of a working interchange track? train drops cut of cars on interchange track, other train picks them up.

HJ: You mean that a local switcher is for outbound cars? Hmm…

I guess the same thing will happen. I’ll generate 2 switchlists, one for local, one for the train, and the train switchlist will show “Pick up these 6 cars at Foobar Town”.

Dropping cuts of cars at an interchange, right now, doesnt work. But it IS something that I have on my long list. Basically its “This car needs to go here, but this train doesnt go that far, but it CAN drop it on Sander’s Siding”…

Bob: not quite the local switcher gets the cars ready, in other words I don’t wan’t the road engine to do that.

OK, we will get there in time. :wink: :slight_smile:

My problem will be if Local #1 switches out towns a,b,c, and d and if Local #2 switches out towns d,e,f and g how will the cars at a get to town f. Town d is the turnaround point for both locals. I have interchanges at towns b nd f.