Large Scale Central

New Web Site for the REVO and Crest Products

Hmmmmmmmmm, More food for thought, Crest products “Revo” now have a brand new separate web site, Wonder why ? and a new address ? Navins House ? Hmmm the plot thickens.
http://shop.crest-electronics.net/

Nick

Also looks as if who ever bought it is changing the Revo again.
Nick

Crest Electronics was started as an accessory maker for G gauge model train products and the Crest name was used to signify that these products were universal for all G gauge makers’ trains. Now we are separating out this new website as we will soon be producing product for more gauges than just G. The production is still handled by the people that have made this high quality product and our service is the same as we have had since day one.

The build quality is still just like your mobile phones and the screen is custom for just ourselves. Our concept remains a direct signal from the transmitter to the receiver board, without sending a signal through the track rail. Crest also has a bi-directional high speed signal that will display high temperatures on the track or shorts with an instant alert notice. Also, you receive a speed and directional notice on your transmitter in real time, along with a smoke on and off indication.

There is no power base station needed and we are jumping the number of locos that can be controlled from one transmitter from 50 to 99. Just like a mobile phone you can have a hundred thousand people using their phones in a sports stadium and never have one phone interfered with by any of the others in use. The range is 200’ to 300’ depending on local conditions and you can have up to 6 locos in a consist including middle and trailing pushers all working in the same direction and speeds. You can turn lights on or off in any loco and speed control is adjustable by the number of steps used to reach top speed.

The programming is done in house at Crest and we now have a download USB style cord that will upgrade the transmitter programming and sounds directly from any PC computer and the Internet. The download is sent directly to the transmitter or receiver by the USB card and updates the program or sounds as chosen.

We will have an upgraded super receiver with 15 Amps and 24V, now with either linear or pulse width power and sound is being added too. We are working on loco specific sounds that can be downloaded to any of our current generic sound receivers.

The big news is that we will have an HO board that will be 5 amp and 18v along with the loco specific sounds that are able to be downloaded as well. These boards can be plug and play into any NMRA port available on most HO locos. The programming will be the same as used for years on the G Gauge version of the Revolution, which is proven in use for some 5 years.

Our system is programmed on a graphic screen, without any code numbers to learn. You never need to re-set your layout when the base station fails and you do not need to worry about clean track. Our li-on battery now has an in-house developed “guardian” board to protect charging and discharging for long battery life and remember we use 6 cells for a full 2 amps and 22.5volts.

Thanks for your past support of the Crest Revolution. You’ll be able to order them at our new website http://shop.crest-electronics.net.

Not sure there is much of a change in product or ownership. Most of what they say is changing has been announced before. My biggest complaint about the system is the long wait between product availability, I find this more worrisome/telling then a new website.

Revo is the perfect system for me, but if product is increasingly difficult to obtain I may have to find a new lesser system for my needs and sell off what I have.

I prefer DCC as I can always get it, and works great every time. Web site no longer says Aristocraft and bottom of page has whole new Address and if you Google that address you will find it’s not Aristocrafts address anymore.

Nick

I thought Crest was owned by Polk or at least the sole distributor. Wrong?? If they are doing to Aristro craft what they did to their retailers, is AristroCraft going the same way as the retailers? Currently if one looks at AC web site, they have less than $50K in inventory in rolling stock(retail). They have 6 employees and overhead. They have been tapping the RMT line to support the AC staff, but for how long? By Scotts admission at York, he has been unsuccessful at obtaining funds to rebuild inventory. with Crest selling directly I don’t see how they can survive.

My understanding is that Crest is a division of AC and has a different name because they do all scales not just G scale.

From the Aristo forum…I NEED a diesel receiver!!!

:slight_smile:

Dear All,
Please read the “About” column on this new web site. We are going into H.O. soon and Aristo is thought of as a G company. Crest will be thought of as an all scale company. We have very few complaints in G as all repairs come here and we see the few that show up. We will have some outside “techies” handling the repairs for us, but it’s still a house company. All the pictures are the same, though we missed a new heat-sink in the category picture for the base station. It’s still the same team working on this product line.
New Goods will be back in stock Mid to Late September.
All the best, Lewis Polk

Yup, Like I believe anything he posts…:slight_smile:

Quote.
We have very few complaints in G as all repairs come here and we see the few that show up.
HE HE HE …

If it is just a new web site for marketing purposes, Why the physical address change??? Knowing Scott’s tenious state are they splitting this off as a stand alone company just in case??

I hope not as I have mucho money tied up in AC engines and rolling stock, not to say about 25 Revo receivers and 12 remote actuators. Track can be replaced with many vendors, but many like me have much commitment in the REV system.

Ahhhh; give it a break…

Stop the doom and gloom…Aristocraft will survive, and so will Crest…

If you can’t say something positive; STOP speculating…If you have facts, fine…but you don’t…

So PLEASE stop being negative…none of us need it.

…I thank you in advance…

Fr.Fred

… quiet polite applause for Fr. Fred …

Well, this sure looks interesting.

(http://shop.crest-electronics.net/images/1374555305081-1899413421.jpeg)

THE CRE57092 USB PLUG ALLOWS YOU TO DOWLOAD PROGRAMS AND SOUNDS FROM THE INTERNET AND REMOTELY TRANSMIT THEM TO THE TRANSMITTER OR THE RECEIVER.

I’ve been wondering how they might go about getting the sounds into the receiver. I wonder what sounds they have planned?

Though I am puzzled about why you might want to buy them in quantity.

Unfortunately, it looks like everything on the site is out of stock.

I look forward to the new sounds. The “generic” sound has been well received by several club members who have heard it but I tire of all engines sounding the same (then again I tire of sound sometimes too!). I think it’s worse when my shay sounds like a 2-6-6-2!

Again my biggest complaint is availability. A great system but getting components is nearly impossible. My decision to pick up a Dash 9 over the SD 70 was in part due to its being ‘plug-n-play’ ready.

Well I got the play…but no plug!

Not ignoring the SD 70 either…There may well be a green/cream BNSF on the horizon (I think I’m the only one who likes it!).

Lewis showed me the programmer at the ECLSTS in the spring of 2012 and last year as well, although I seem to remember last’s years was encased.

During his seminar this spring he also showed the battery pack with its new protection board. I assume this is an attempt to prevent the human error that has killed many a lithium-ion battery. Here I have seen many killed by wiring the on-board charging connector backwards by not changing the wiring over on All Electronics 2-wire connectors to obtain proper polarity. Another chap left his on the charger all winter. I have 10 of these batteries and use the old charger with no auto shut-off. I have not lost one yet.

If you were at the Spring ECLSTS you would have seen almost everyone selling large scale products at deep discounts. A friend bought a GP-9 from Charles Ro for $150. St Aubins was selling all their stock at 33% off. With the slump in the economy everyone is trying to raise capital. Without capital they cannot bring new products to the market, or re-run some of the old equipment.

I gotta agree with Fred…between work and the media…the REal World is bad enough…can;t we talk trains and retell positive experiences and hope and dreams…and little cuddly puppies? Speaking of puppies…

I have seen, that USB adapter in action at aristocraft. I am looking forward to some new sounds.

I don’t see any gloom and doom presented, maybe Fred knows something we don’t.

Attention: non-speculative data follows:

1. That address on the site is a residence in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey.

2. It’s owned by Navin who works at Aristo in service, and has lots of hats too.

3. Only the Revo stuff is on the site, although the Crest product line is larger.

4. I have contacted them to ask if they will have the full Crest line.

5. Lewis Polk has publicly posted that he expects the Revo products to be in stock in mid-september.

6. No Aristo products (other than #5) have been announced as shipping, in fact several Aristo people have stated that there is product “hung up” in China

There’s no reason we cannot speculate on what the reasons are for the above FACTS.

Anyone commenting on Aster, Accucraft, Bachmann, USA Trains does not invoke such responses, so what is the big deal?

Interesting that everything is at 40% discount already. This is the same discount as on the Aristo site for other items.

Good news is that this change, whatever it means, does no further damage to dealers.

Regards, Greg

Greg Elmassian said:

I don’t see any gloom and doom presented, maybe Fred knows something we don’t.

Yes…actually he does!

Hah! Now we are getting somewhere! I knew it ha ha!

I just hope people don’t show up at poor Navin’s house trying to buy stuff on Sunday morning, he works hard enough!

Greg

Who’s Navin?