Large Scale Central

New Outdoor Pizza Layout

you can see any pics in this thread?
how do you do that?

No I canā€™t. Thats why I want new ones because I canā€™t see them.

On that note when are we going to see new posts on your indoor??? You also have inspired me!!!

so.
i have inspired you.
me, who still works on his 2011 challenge, you blame for your hasty, multy active modeling?? :thinking: :open_mouth:

on a (little) more serious note:
i started to dismantle my great indoors for moving into the new playroom, my wife had offered me as pay-off for her barbeque shed.
meanwhile the BBQ place is done, but my playroom not.

i had got cold feet.
at my speed to get things done, dismantling, sorting and boxing everything for the move, should be doable in two years.
half a year for benchwork in the new room, about a year for laying and wiring about 400 one-foot pieces of track with all the reeds and switches. and then landscaping about 320ft of landscaping should take not a day longer than 6 years.
backgroundpainting should be quick, about half a year.
by my calculation that would bring me to about three months before my 80th birthday.

if i stay in my old room, go on from where things are now, i can finish five years earlier.
(five years is much for a nearly 70 year old chain-smoker)

andā€¦
ā€¦ there is a nice sidekick: every time SWMBO raises her eyebrows at some new purchase, i can mention that I did not build an expensive hobby room.

Lol,

I almost choked on my Coke.

Well while you may not think soā€¦ you have been an inspiration from almost the first day I joined LSC. You and Vick do some very neat things that break the ā€œrulesā€ of large scale. And I love it. I have very much enjoyed your indoor layout progress and have gained many ideas for my eventual. . . someday. . . maybe . . . Indoor ceiling layout.

DONā€™T DO THAT!
havenā€™ you thought, what a ceiling layout implies?

you would need to detail the undersides of all your roling stock!

I thought you just made the road bed so wide you canā€™t see it

hmmm. wide roadbed. than you can see very little of your trains.

if seeing the trains is not so important, may i suggest an Underground-layout?
just make some holes in the floor, to place stairs and an -U- sign?

1 Like

Hi guys
The ā€œupdateā€ has pretty much decimated all my posts of pictures with the disappearance of the Albums and I canā€™t find the Freight sheds anymore. This post used pics from the Freight Sheds so if they have gone away then that means all my pics are now gone. I copied all of them before the upgrade but I donā€™t have any idea how or where Iā€™m going to host pics at this time and I absolutely do not have the time or energy necessary to update all of my old posts. So without any Sheds or how-toā€™s on posting new pic, Iā€™m just taking this new site one day at a time deciding what Iā€™m going to do from here on out. Iā€™m mostly posting these days on FB as I can post directly from my phone. Sorry but this is the forth time Iā€™ve had to rebuild my activities on a forum, twice with MLS, and once with GSM, now here. So as I say, Iā€™m going one day at a time until things are sorted here.

Vic,

the reason you are not seeing a ā€œFreight Shedā€ is with the new system you donā€™t need one. You DO NOT need any online picture hosting at all. The days of needing to paste the URL are gone. As Bob told me when I asked, its stupid simple.

There are actually two ways to do it. All of which you pull the files from your computer. No need to upload them anywhere. One way is to add the picture with the little file upload button at the top of the editing screen where you are typing. Its the little rectangle with an up arrow.

then you just find your picture and hit the open button and it will put it there.

Or the easier way to do it is to make sure the cursor is where you want the picture and then just drag the picture from its folder on your computer to the editing box (where you are typing) and drop it. It will automatically place the picture where the cursor is.

I donā€™t want you to salvage the entire thread. But I really would like to see a few pictures of it.

Devon,
yes, it is very easy to put pics into posts now, but you miss one aspect.

a phone can get stolen or break. a PC can fail. then the only place on this world, where ones pics exist are somewhere in the ā€œcloudā€.
ā€¦ as long, as the forum-owner pays for the storage.
i can understand Vicā€™s preopucations perfectly, because i, like him, have lost pics in various occasions by forum closure, moving or updating.

plus, a pic uploaded to ones own webspace can be used for different forums, just by linking (if that works) but a pic uploaded to one forum can not be linked to other forums.

I agree. I use multiple back up methods for this very reason. I have my computer. One drive. And an external hard drive. I have lost to many import digital files over the years.

So yes I agree, itā€™s nice to have a cloud drive. But in the case of posting pictures itā€™s not necessary. That was my point. Vic has the pics, therefore the ability without HAVING to upload them to a cloud storage.

TEST

OK it works from my desktop.

1 Like

But doesnā€™t work from the phone. I see no ability to upload pics from the phone, which is my primary source of images.

What kind of phone, Vic? I can do it from my iPhoneā€¦

Like thatā€¦

Note the small icon just above the keyboard with the up arrow:

Moto 2, the uplink icon doesnā€™t appear

Oh wait I see it now

2 Likes

Thanks Jim, that cleared it up :grinning:

1 Like

Vic, do you have any information on the (locomotive?) that is one strange critter

Vic.

I apologize for not giving better directions. I assumed you were trying to do it from your computer because you said you downloaded your freight shed to your computer. Had I know you were wanting the phone directions I could have given you better directions.

But I am glad you figured it out.