Large Scale Central

New freight cars

Dave Marconi said:
I'd buy their stuff Tony, but they don't make the cars I run :)

Thank you

I agree
BTW nice work so far

Worked on a bit of trim for the flats and gondolas. Also sanded the flatcar decks. Need to finish the bottom edges on the flats and add some tee to the gondola sides, then I’ll be able to do the steps, grabs, and poling pockets. Hoping the steps go pretty easy ,I’m going to use Bruce C.s article on strap steps for influence.

If you look close you’ll note the trim overhang on the upside down car.

Again a little hard to see the trim, but it is there on both ends of the cars. The drop sections still need to be done

Those are looking awsome Hollywood. They are going to look great running on my layout :slight_smile:

Shawn said:
Those are looking awsome Hollywood. They are going to look great running on my layout :)
After you run em a while, send em over to me ;) Ralph

(http://www.largescalecentral.com/chat/emoticons/good.gif)

Very nice!
I think the whole jig set up is just too cool!

Looking good!

they are coming along nicely, hollywood…

A little more progress made.

Flats are trimmed ready for grabs and ladders

Added the tee bracing , now I need to finish the ends and add the grabs and steps Tomorrow might be a good build day.

Coming along GREAT Hollywood! At the rate you are going, they will be ready for the paint shop soon and then into service.

Nice!
:slight_smile:

lookinggggg gooooooooooddddddddd… :slight_smile:

Got working on the box cars today with some trim and roof panels

HPIM1974

Note that one has roof battens and one is only marked. On a side note I will not name brand names, but I took this picture (specially posed) to pass on to others that I would NOT recommend a glue I tried recently. Although it says it will bond to most surfaces I found it to be lacking in most all respects. It dries like a white paste glue that is used in elementary schools.

Hey Roos, don’t eat that stuff like you used to. Its going to cause you digestive problems.

Looking great Hollywood. I see you must have made the ‘Chandler Stirrup Step Jig’ as well.
I made one as well in the spring out of plexi-glass but I quess i used the wrong glue, won’t hold together when I use it.

Made mine from Acrylic and after 36 steps it seems to be holding up well.

Ric Golding said:
Hey Roos, don't eat that stuff like you used to. Its going to cause you digestive problems.
Hasn't yet....besides I'm into crayon's these days.

(http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/dltrains/freightcars/HPIM1968.jpg)

What is in the center of the bolster? Clear tubing? Does it have a purpose?

Truck screw mount. Clear tubing sized for a #6 screw. It’s I.V. tubing

Those are really looking nice Dave.

1 Like