Large Scale Central

New Features

Another neat feature, though I’m not sure how useful it is. In addition to @ tagging users, you can tag a category by using the hashtag, like “Go see my post over in #general-discussion.” And it makes a link to the category.

I would like to,too,two report(bitch and complain) Large Scale Central with the new updates does not give me what I need and “I” expect it for FREE.

VENTING and blowing off steam but always sharing with LSC

1 Like

Cute little editorializing comments between posts:
“It’s been a while since we’ve seen ctown2 — their last post was 4 months ago.”

Yea, and if there’s a LOT of time between two posts in a thread

“3 months later”

Yeah i noticed that also on my thread about couplers. I thought it a bit odd. Nothing more than odd, but never seen that in a forum before.

I am suprised we haven’t seen one yet that says “Devon_Sinsley talks to much without getting anything done.”

1 Like

Dumb question Bob,
But I don’t see a photo editor script on a mobile device. I can copy/past the BBC code from Flickr but on the old site I could just copy the IMG url.

Do we have to add the source code ourselves? I remember doing that back years ago on MLS…

Made a post tonight quoting the previous post. When it posted the quote was not there. Came back later saw the post had been edited and checked the history to see…

system 1 hour — Automatically removed quote of whole previous post.

Guess that’s against the “rules” :grin:

Interesting. I did not know the system did that. Funky.

You don’t need to add any tags, just paste the image url in the message and it should inline the image automagically.

Imgur

Craig:

The image above was added by just grabbing the url for the view of that Flickr image and pasting it on its own line in the input area. It took the system a short time but it figured it out:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jim_rowson/6183914824/in/album-72157627002691880/

The system figured it out and inserted the correct thing.

Here’s the view of the Flickr window where I copied the url:

(I have too many tabs open!)

Thanks. That’s so much easier to embed photos!

Another couple of interesting features. This popped up below a post by Devon:
There are 62 replies with an estimated read time of 11 minutes.

Even more interesting is a yellow box/link that says “Summarize This Topic”. I didn’t see any difference when I clicked it - maybe it took the pictures away?

If you hover over the like “heart” icon, it will show other reactions you can use.

Edit: Apparently I can use any of the site reaction smileys here.

Oops! I will try to do better BD

Another neat trick. The CVRR thread is 173 posts from 5 yrs ago. On my laptop I can tap the latest post tag in the margin. Not so on my tablet. But if I touch the yellow post number (59/173) a little option pops up on the bottom left “jump to” which opens a box with post number or date as target options.

2 Likes

If a user is online, they will have a green dot next to their avatar.

But I want a blue dot! LOL that’s a nice feature Bob, kind of missed the old one that showed on the main page.

That’s there too - near the top at left is

Online (4):

1 Like

As a minor ‘new feature’ item, I am enjoying the big crisp photos that people are posting. As this s/w resizes them for display, but saves them in original size, you can click on a photo and then click again to enlarge it to original.
I particularly noticed it in Eric’s photos of his kids in the Hawaii garden. Much better pics!

Wonder if this works on a really big photo? (4032x3024)

Nope - it resized it down to 1920x1440, which must be the site storage maximum.