Large Scale Central

New Bridge

Originally this was going to be a 3 span Eaglewings bridge. But… one span was destroyed in shipping and SWMBO decided I needed to make a lift out section instead of excavating a walk under ( :frowning: ) sooo… I sold two to Bob and got these . The EW bridge was too, too heavy for this back to lift out, so now we have 46" section that is removable. The foundation is 4, 2"x8"x16’ PT planks screwed together to make the footing. The tripod at the end was used to hold it level while I packed and tamped the sand. The rest will be 3/8ths pea stone fill and then rock plants etc. Need to know what kind of overhead clearance I need for 1:20.3 stuff…caboose, K36, 37 … Bob, Stan, anyone :slight_smile: More later

The towers are glued to a PVC base with silicone in all the seams. These will be screwed to the PT foundation once all are aligned in position.

Note: Plug for GMM See the other Garden Metal Models bridge to the right. This is a great product :slight_smile:

WOW, great bridge… :slight_smile:

You’ve impressed Andy, your life is now complete :slight_smile:

Looks good, Larry. For overhead, make it at least 12".

Nice looking Larry. Looks like more track work in your future.

The new bridge is GMM as well? Looks great? How are they doing (GMM)? Last I read they were having manufacturing problems.

Some substantial workings there Larry: but it does look very much like it will have been worth the effort. Your garden look quite attractive and enhanced by the new bridge.

Thanks Guys :slight_smile: GMM is indeed having trouble. From their website…

"Effective May 31st 2011 we will no longer be able to supply our dealers and will only be able to sell direct until our existing stock on hand is gone. We are issuing this notice with great sadness and regret. We have delayed it as long as possible with hopes of resolving circumstances beyond our control. The issues we are facing encompass tooling and fabrication facilities. We have been and continue to do everything possible to return to production as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and welcome good wishes for success in overcoming our difficulties.

As of the date of this notice all of the products in our line are still available.

Please check with your favorite dealer or check our dealer listings page before ordering direct as many still have our products in stock at great prices."

Quite a project ! Looks good.

Robbie Hanson said:
You've impressed Andy, your life is now complete :)
LMAO!!

Today I screwed the piers to the foundation with SS screws, filled the trench with pea stone, covered that with fabric and then topped it all with sand and soil…mostly sand. Next up end piers and planting then the deck. I’ve got two weeks before the next run so with luck I’ll have the upper loop connected (crossed fingers)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/larry_mosher/BRIDGE/9.JPG)

Nice looking bridges and layout Larry. How about an over veiw shot of the entire layout and back yard?

Yep that’s turning out nice

Larry, great looking work! I am curious about the piers. What are they made of?

The piers are plastic. I’d guess some kind of UV stable PVC. I paint them anyway with a textured Krylon paint. They go together in 12" increments and I also use a very watery PVC cement to glue it all together…works good. Details are probably available at the GMM website

Here you go Chuck, I should make new ones…these are 3.5 years old and a lot has changed.

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/larry_mosher/air/Fall%20Aerial.jpg)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/larry_mosher/air/aerial1.jpg)

(http://freightsheds.largescalecentral.com/users/larry_mosher/air/aerial3.jpg)

Nice photo’s Larry and a great looking railroad. I really like the fact that there every little lawn to take care of.

Love the photos too, but isn’t climbing the utility poles a bit dangerous to get the great shots (tongue in cheek) :slight_smile:

Bob C.

Yep…less grass is better. Ye Ol’ Bucket truck lifted me up in the air. Bob :smiley: Middle photo… check the shadow in the lower right :wink:

larry mosher said:
Ye Ol' Bucket truck lifted me up in the air. Bob :D
Missed that...........good ol" Hi-Ranger........;)