Large Scale Central

NELSTS 2024 (was: Large Scale Show in April)

Thought I’d give this it’s own space.

you going to make it there this year ?

Saturday, April 27 and Sunday, April 28, 2024

Eastern States Exposition – The Young Building

West Springfield, Massachusetts

not sure at this point but it is a possibility :sunglasses:

hope so, it’s been a while. don’t forget your right hand man.

Thanks David. Wish I could go, it was a hoot last year, and it’s only gonna get better I’m sure.

I’ll post on the other April show.

We plan on being there. I need to shoot him an email and make sure we have a space…

Me too. I suppose I should start thinking about an overnight stay.

Just checked rates - they are up quite a bit.

@Cliff_Jennings Do you remember where we stayed last year? It was OK.

I think they were shut down last year after you guys vacated? I’m actually surprised you didn’t steal the brass fixtures on the left!

I think it was a Red Roof Inn?

Yea, it was, I stayed there too. It was reasonable.

1 Like

Yep - That was it. Just booked a room for Saturday night.

Interesting that I joined AARP last fall, so I thought I might get a better rate. Nope. But joining Red Roof Rewards got a 15% discount!

2 Likes

We are going to the show, it’s a three hour ride one way, not sure if we will stay over night. The web site says they have clinics, they don’t have a schedule yet. I have two questions. One what are the clinics about ? Two are they worth going to ?

They are still working out the schedule for the clinics. Last year Nancy Norris gave several great clinics, Don Sweet gave clinica on RC install and I gave a clinic on operations.

This year I believe Don is giving a clinic, I am giving a clinic on building turnouts and I have not heard from Nancy yet.

Stan

@Stan_Ames or Richard -

Do you know if there will be a club swap table again this year? I have several items I think it’s time to move off the roster. Never too early to start preparing!

The White Elephant table? It’s advertised on the site.
https://www.nelsts.org/latest-news.php#white

Dan - That page is from last year Posted: 2023-04-17

I didn’t realize that until I scrolled down and say the new product announcement for Bachmann’s Dash 9 then noticed the post dates.

BUT - That post date might be meaningless as the item about the banquet has the same post date, but lists this years date in the post :open_mouth:

SO - Still not sure.

Yes, They have been updating the site but you can tune in to the Large Scale Live show on Sunday to find out for sure. https://largescaletrains.com/lsl-ep-50/

Yes

We again will be having a white elephant table at the NELSTS in 2024

One change. Users who desire to sell more then 1/2 table worth will need to purchase a 1/2 table from the show and manage their own sales

Stan

Just grabbed a room for Fri and Sat. Need to get some more stuff for the D&B space, like tablecloths and a better way to mount the signs.