Large Scale Central

Narrow Gauge BS

I started with one of Andrè’s acrylic forms. Added some cast ends that I got from Bob. Put on some Evergreen siding, a few “T” pieces, and some other styrene. Then I built up some doors and ladders, formed some brass steps, and put on a wood roofwalk. I got some decals for Andy’s Bluestone Southern. Some may say the color is not quite prototypical, but I think that’s just BS. Since Andy models standard gauge, the data may not be quite accurate; again, it’s just BS.

Anyway, I’m quite pleased to have a BS boxcar running on the J&B.

Nice build Bruce. I think the idea is great :slight_smile:

Looks great!

Hey, what works works!

“The BS Line”

I didn’t know the BS had any cars that were not covered hoppers :wink:
The car looks great. Now you’ll have BS on the rails as well as in the conversation on the J&B :slight_smile:
Ralph

DETAILS - WE NEED DETAILS!!! I toyed with this idea last winter but never got past ordering the kit from Andre. What thickness siding did you use and How did you handle the transition from the cast end to the siding? And the roof profile difference - which one did you go with?

It looks great by the way. And that’s no BS.

Great looking car Bruce. You do BS proud! :slight_smile: :smiley:

Thanks. This was a quick project. One that just took on a life of it’s own once I decided I wanted something a bit different.

Jon,
I built the form first, gluing all the acrylic pieces together. Then I glued the casting to each end, using Weld-On.

I figured the resin was a lot softer than the acrylic, so I used the acrylic form to set the angle on the end.

The siding is .060", from Evergreen. As I recall, I sanded down the end a bit so the siding would overlap. Then I covered the corners with some 1/8" angle. It seemed to go along with the outside bracing. I did have to file down some of the details on the end to allow for the angle.

Thanks Bruce. It flows so well it was hard to see where you changed the casting.

Hehehe. I always try to hide my mistakes…

Bruce Chandler said:
Hehehe. I always try to hide my mistakes...
Or at least not photograph them in high resolution close up :D

I think it’s a wonderful piece of equipment, expertly built… :slight_smile:
Road name is nice too… :slight_smile:

Hurts my eyes! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Too shiny! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That BS is looking good.
Nice job.

“The siding is .060”, from Evergreen. As I recall, I sanded down the end a bit so the siding would overlap. Then I covered the corners with some 1/8" angle. It seemed to go along with the outside bracing. I did have to file down some of the details on the end to allow for the angle. "

So Andy’s the reason you burnt up your sander?

Good point, Ric. I hadn’t thought about it that way! :smiley:

Rubbing hands together…

looks great! That’s a nice looking car. Keep it clean!

Mommy?

What’s that rattle-rattle-rattle noise?