Large Scale Central

Mylargescale.com SOLD

mylargescale.com sold http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aft/129818/Default.aspx

Yup. I got forwarded that behind the scenes. Interesting choice of Vertical Scope. That leaves us as the only hobbyist owned LS train site.

well Bob lets hope your able to keep it up and running. and it is close to your run

to the North pole.

Richard

So… what happened to LSOL? That was mentioned in Shad’s post, but he didn’t elaborate.

LSOL closing up shop (again!) at the end of the year.

Fascinating.

Wonder if we’ll see the caboose, again?

Very interesting. I have to admit; I am completely out of the forum loop as I never go there anymore. When Shad said “Yesterday’s revelations about LSOL just confirmed to me the reason why Vertical Scope was the right choice” it threw up a big question mark. So, what happened over there (LSOL)? Never mind - question answered.

At one point I was quite upset that MLS lost the archives. I had quite a bit of stuff posted there on my early building and was sorry to loose the reference for my own use. With today’s announcements I’m kind of glad that it’s gone and my writing and photos won’t somehow become the property of some big internet company.

Again I’ll say Thank You to Bob for providing a great site. I hope you hang around for many more years.

Yup, he took the money and ran but most of us knew the was going to happen, so 3 down and

the best is still standing.

My understanding is he didn’t lose the archives. They are still there. One of his reasons was the old forum software was vulnerable…and following that, I think he couldn’t be bothered.
Whether the new owners will get the archives or not is a question…next one being, will they convert them and make them available once again?

Wonder if the new owners are prepared for putting up with McMorons?
Time will tell.

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

My understanding is he didn’t lose the archives. They are still there. One of his reasons was the old forum software was vulnerable…and following that, I think he couldn’t be bothered.
Whether the new owners will get the archives or not is a question…next one being, will they convert them and make them available once again?

Wonder if the new owners are prepared for putting up with McMorons?
Time will tell.

I think that the site will go the way of LSOL, Most of the moderators dont even participate in largescale any more and most were likely doing it as a favor to Shad. It’s hard to hold a web

site intact without the younger generation involved and when it always as of the last year had operating issues, you can only listen to the same OLD same Old so many times.

It was strange to see it working some what today, but when you have money, things tend to get fixed.

Yes Jon i think they (archives) are still around some of the moderators have gone back

and brought out copy’s of builds.

Richard

I did a little bit of research on the new owners.
Apparently they make this all profitable by dumping huge loads of ads into the forums. They have somewhat specialized in auto forums…and I was/am on some they so took over.
You get loading ads, header ads, sidebar ads, ads inserted every third or fourth post.
If you intend to use MLS, best update or load Ghostery and AdBlockPlus…and learn how to use them.

Curmudgeon mcneely said:

I did a little bit of research on the new owners.
Apparently they make this all profitable by dumping huge loads of ads into the forums. They have somewhat specialized in auto forums…and I was/am on some they so took over.
You get loading ads, header ads, sidebar ads, ads inserted every third or fourth post.
If you intend to use MLS, best update or load Ghostery and AdBlockPlus…and learn how to use them.

Dave,

That’s just great! The ONLY advantage to paying for First Class membership over there was to stop getting all his banner ads! If this is the case, then whatever “old-time” members that are STILL there, will be leaving. I’ll be spending my time AND MONEY here, thank you.

Like Bob said: “We’re the last hobbyist owned LS train site”.

Left a few years back, me, on account of a horsefly poster who wouldn’t leave THIS old hoss alone.

Many of the posters there tolerated me, and I them, but living a minimum of three and a half thousand miles apart colours your take on things, I have to say, not always to the good.

I’ll miss it like I miss a boil on the eye.

tac

And let it begin, 1st ones out always seem to land on there feet, unless of course you running H/L’s then you’ll land on a lawn chair. Heard few mods might leave and one was demoted to member status.

i foresee an increase in members here in this forum.
and i’m not sure, if that will be good or bad.

Speaking of new members I see that Shad’s name popped up in the newest members column.

Seems like there has been an upswing in the new members in the last month or so.

I know I’m not very well liked around here… But I just had to comment. Nick is grossly misinformed. I don’t know who his supposed sources are, but there have been no changes to the moderating staff as a result of this. Like I said in my post, the goal of the purchaser is continuity. How would demoting moderators and making them leave promote continuity?

I don’t expect the number of ads on the site to change either.

Proof in the puttin…dont recall saying it was because web site was sold.

Have fun with your new hobby, fish are so relaxing. No horns to

toot. Did you get the check yet? And I like you and that’s all that

counts to me.