Large Scale Central

My house in approx. 1/24 or so? Photo dump!

FIXED UP THE HOUSE I GREW UP IN!

1972 before Sears and new aluminum siding^^^^^^

2000 ^^^^^^^^

2005 tearing it apart^^^^^

2023 ^^^^^^

NOW IN 1/24

THE KERFED SECTIONS MEET QUITE NICELY :wink:

2 Likes

Cool idea!

Cool house to model too.

Very good!
I wouldn’t take much to model the house I live in now–4 walls and a roof.
But, I too, grew up in a period house like that, (sorta) no rotunda or what ever that’s called.

Beautiful house.
Beautiful model too.
Ralph

It’s called a cupola.

1 Like

Nice work! I love that architecture.

Dave, Great build and about time you got the pics up. Looks more like 1/26.395 to me though :rolleyes:
Really came out sharp

WOW. You really are mastering that technique. It really looks great.

Steve Featherkile said:
It's called a [url=http://www.architecturaldepot.com/c/cupolas/]cupola.[/url]
I don't thinks so. A cupola roof is similar, but they are much smaller and don't extend down to the foundation. I've always called this feature a tower, but I'm not sure what the correct Victorian Era term is.

Wowee that’s looking good! Nice modeling indeed.

Well done.

Very cool.

Jon.

Wow, that looks great–great prototype, great model. Reminds me of PA, the kind of architecture I grew up with.

You are building one fantastic garden railway

David,
Great work! Thanks for sharing.

I am humbled.

Great job. I wonder about that blue shop growing out of the roof, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

David, great work… looks wonderful… However, I think that spot you picked for it to set on is a bad spot, I do believe I have just the spot for the house… :slight_smile: Of course, I’d have to see the finished house, to be sure… :slight_smile:

Thanks guys…I know I’m gonna have some frustration with the roof lines and my house didn’t always look like that. I spent the past 15+ years trying to bring her back to it’s original glory and still going. Have researched all the history and find it pretty neat knowing that this joint stood as Confederate cannon balls flew by shelling the square at one point,circa 1852. Which brings me to my RR “Cumberland Valley RR” lives again only diesel powered.

Steve …Jon Radder is correct in calling it a “tower” as they define them as tower homes. However Victorian terminology would be a “turret” and I have actually seen the definition of “witches cap or peak”.

Andy Clarke said:
David, great work.... looks wonderful.... However, I think that spot you picked for it to set on is a bad spot, I do believe I have just the spot for the house.... :) Of course, I'd have to see the finished house, to be sure.......... :)
OK I'll bite :lol:
David Russell said:
Have researched all the history and find it pretty neat knowing that this joint stood as Confederate cannon balls flew by shelling the square at one point,,,,circa 1852.
Had to be 1862?

52, 62 - what’s 10 years a hundred and fifty years ago :slight_smile:

Turret - That’s the word I was searching for. Just needs a gun :smiley: