Large Scale Central

Mina Mine bunkhouse

Personally, I’d frost the windows. You won’t be able to see ANYTHING on the interior. (If you MUST do an interior, I’d just print some stock photo views, or stick pictures in the windows. I can almost guarantee that you won’t notice either way) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just tint them black and call it an Amtrak 1/2 way house. Or you could cut up some white or ecru fabric and hang some ratted out curtains?

Some more work this weekend. Have the front porch mostly in place, and the individual bunk rooms attached to the PVC floor. The porch needs some more details and the outer board put in place. I can’t do that until I get the roof in place so I can build the supports for the porch roof.

Gluing up the sub-roof and details.

Next up, I need to paint the doors and windows, get the doors in place, and then start on the corrugated siding/roofing. Getting there…

That’s gonna be a big one Bob. Great modeling and use of new technology.

That’s a heck of a bunch of trusses. This is gonna be very cool. No one spends this much time on a bunkhouse. Very neat build.

Looks very nice!

Where does this go on your layout, Bob.

That is a lot of trusses. I don’t know how you got them all together and kept them straight. I’ve been struggling getting six together and straight. Good job, Bob.

I have one of these

that helps me lay things out, plus a few small framing and machinist squares, and lots of re-measuring until everything is in place. I glued up six trusses at a a time, and re-measured the next six to make sure nothing moved before the epoxy set.

1 Like

Great tool Bob. Just ordered one. Thanks.

1 Like

One caveat of those jigs, is that the steel is flexible, so its only as level as your workbench. If your bench is bowed or twisted, you might want to invest in something like a surface plate.

1 Like

Those printed trusses are disgustingly sick! Damn shame to cover them up !!

Maybe light it up with ghetto scale version using a 5mm LED single bulb and call it done. Pretend it’s … "stuck in that one day, back in the day, in the hood when the picture was taken and there ain’t no Shorpy but you could make your own Shorpy for your railroad?

Honestly four of them trusses would be awesome for a Mik challenge. " You have these 4 roof trusses now build something."

1 Like

Ready for sheathing. Now to figure out my new crimper.

2 Likes

Looking good BD. I like the open air vent system you chose with the exposed trusses. Those boys will like the natural AC. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :sunglasses:

thats coming out nice

Filling in for Ken… :+1:

Editing to say: Well done Robert… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Work continues. Three out of four doors and door frames printed.

And starting to manufacture the siding.

1 Like

Really looking good bob

Some progress. Working on making all the corrugated siding for the bunkhouse.

1 Like

I guess I missed it Bob, what sort of corrugator did you use?

This one, from Rio Grande Jewelry