Large Scale Central

Mina Mine bunkhouse

Thanks Ray. It’s not going to be a faithful model, but more a representation (I really should have about 4x the number of roof trusses) but its gonna be close enough.

1 Like

Being someone that thinks building a thing is better than finishing a thing, I decided I needed to have the roof trusses at a closer spacing. So, more printing! These will put them at roughly 30 scale inches. Still a tad wide but better in my eye. Last few are on the printer right now. Trusses not glued in place yet, in case I panic and add several more.

1 Like

and the bracings?
how will they fit now?

I would guess not, but a quick adjustment and more printing and all is well in the world!

Exactly. I’ll have to rejigger the braces, but that’s not a big deal. And in filament, each pair of braces costs 6 cents, so I’m not losing real money.

1 Like

It’s difficult to get a good picture of the trusses and crossmembers, but here’s how they are going together. The smaller crossmembers keep the spacing at the eaves, and the larger one provides cross-support for the peak.

Looking good, Bob. I think you can sleep easy at night knowing the roof system will stand up to whatever mother nature throws at it. Well done.

Coming together nicely Bob

Slow going, but getting there.

1 Like

Looks GREAT Bob. Mind if I ask a few tech questions on your printing?

FDM material? ABS? And what brand?
How hot are you setting your bed to?
How is your 5 min epoxy holding up?

Thanks, and it’s looking like you’re having a lot of fun!

It’s PLA+ from IIIDMax. It’s as good as Hatchbox PLA but a metric ton cheaper (Occasionally on sale for 7.99/kilo). Printing at 200c/60c at 50mm/s. 5 min epoxy seems to work well, I’ve used it a couple years for assembling 3D printed stuff and it holds well.

Thanks for the specs Bob.

Work continues. All the trusses and supports are in place, time to sheet the rest of the roof with PVC.

1 Like

Looks GREAT! And very strong. And realistic. And quite fun!
Home run, Bob!

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Drawing trade

Looking good BD. Sorry for the interruption. Back to the regularly scheduled programming :innocent: :sunglasses:

That’s looking great. Got to love 3D printing. Males short work of those rafters.

All those trusses will really weight the building down . No worries of that roof getting blown off :cowboy_hat_face:

So, PVC for the roof…anything else? Tin, corrugated roofing?

Yea, corrugated roofing and walls. Pondering if I want to do some kind of basic interior, or frost the windows and just avoid the whole problem.