Large Scale Central

Live Steam and Rolling Stock For Sale

I have an LGB/Aster Frank S, modified Accucraft 7/8 Emma and a Cheddar tram live steam RC chassis (no bodywork) for sale.

I also have a number of pieces of rolling stock and rolling stock kits available. I will be at the PLS/16mm gathering in PA this weekend with those, some magazines (free) and books (reasonably priced) and hope to go home with none of them. I don’t yet have a complete list but if you e-mail me personally [email protected] I can tell you much of what is available and prices. I would also be willing to ship if you cover the postage.

Thanks,

Tom

I do NOT need an “Emma.”

I do NOT need an “Emma.”

I do NOT need…

an…

Later,

K

Uh oh. Sounds like someone is wrestling with themselves.

So Is Emma calling your name there Kevin? (https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-wink.gif)(https://largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)

But an Emma modified by a true artist of the live steam craft?!? Even if he does say so himself?

www.7-8ths.info/index.php?topic=16686597.0

Morning Tom,

I can’t get the picture to show of your EMMA. I’m sure it is fine looking, but I would like to see some pictures.

I deleted this post as the photos are below.

Pete Thornton said:

I joined the 7/8ths.info group, as it was time I got some help with my bigger stuff. Here’s the photos of Tom’s Emma. First one is during additions, others are after the paint.

I know at least one other guy interested in that cute BIG engine.

None of your links work. Try again!

Since that location is only open to registered members, the export of images is probably blocked.

John Caughey said:

Since that location is only open to registered members, the export of images is probably blocked.

They show up fine for me. (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-cool.gif)But nothing stops me doing a ‘copy’, pasting them into Photoshop, saving them on my desktop, and then uploading to my Freight Shed.

The last pic is the work-in-progress.

Thank you Pete! I can now see the image.

Oh, it’s been calling my name for a long time. I’ve–so far–been able to resist. It’s a loco with great kitbashing potential, but I keep going back to the notion that if I were to do 7/8", I’d want to do the Maine 2-footers, and the Emma’s just a bit small for that. But there’s also the notion that if I had one on my workbench, I could find something suitable. The prototypes out there, I just have to have one in front of me to play with to see how proportions play out. There were some great plantation locos I saw on Maui…

But then where would I run it? It won’t fit through my tunnel or bridges. (Okay, the same place I run my EBT Mike which also barely fits on my railroad. Crap. There goes that excuse.)

Okay, what would I pull behind it? I can’t very well just run a loco with no cars, and I’m running out of room for my 1:20 rolling stock as it is. But then I’m sure if I were to find a suitable loco prototype, I’d find photos of suitable rolling stock to go behind it. (Plantation stuff again?) It’s small enough; I could find space somewhere…

The spirit is willing, the cashflow is weak. (Kid needs busted front tooth replaced. Anyone know a good dentist? :wink: )

Later,

K

Hmm, this has potential…

Later,

K

I now have a list prepared of what I am selling, live steam locos, rolling stock and rolling stock kits.

Please send me an e-mail if you’d like a copy. [email protected]

Thanks Pete Thornton for getting the pictures of Emma posted. There are also two which show the custom driver figure I made which goes with the loco and the stock roof is included which doesn’t show in the pictures.

Why not post your list here for all to see?

Joe Zullo said:

Why not post your list here for all to see?

Because if Tom did that I wouldn’t get first pick!! (http://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif)

Here’s the driver mentioned by Tom. (He’s playing trains at the PLS Open so don’t expect any replies today.)

K,

Build that loco in 7/8" and then send it to me. No problem, huh? (https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-laughing.gif)(https://www.largescalecentral.com/externals/tinymce/plugins/emoticons/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif)

John, send me Tom’s and another one to keep for myself, and you may have yourself a deal. :wink:

Later,

K

Joe,

Sorry I’m steam literate but not too computer savy. I do have a word document that I keep updating as stuff sells and I’d be glad to send it.

An old hobby of mine was model cars and I have accumulated quite a few of those that I will be selling in the near future.

Kevin,

To build Kilauea a better starting point would be an Accucraft Fairymead, unfortunately at twice the price of an Emma.

Emma is still for sale by the way $950 + shipping gets her to you. You could also choose an Aster/LGB Frank S for $900 + and/or a Cheddar tram chassis, RC controlled just waiting for you to construct a body on it for only $475 +. Come on gents, help me buy an 'earing aid for me old Mum. Just kidding, Mom left us years ago but I’m serious about downsizing. The list also contains some brand new Bachmann rolling stock, Delton classic hopper kits and Saxton Car and Foundry kits that just aren’t available any more and they’re almost as detailed as Hartford.

And to tease you, I’ll soon be listing some Hubley metal kits in 1:20 scale, perfect for your F scale railway.

Argh! First Emma and then Kevin taunts with Kilauea.

I’m just getting back out in the garden (since 2012!?) and looking for 7/8’s examples. My Ruby would be a good place to start bashing but Emma is ready to go … argh. Kevin’s mantra is stuck in my head “I don’t need an Emma, I don’t need …”

Neil - watching Kilauea daily.

Tom Bowdler said:

To build Kilauea a better starting point would be an Accucraft Fairymead, unfortunately at twice the price of an Emma.

Aye, there’s the rub. Having not the asking $950 on hand for the Emma at the moment, doubling that for a model which already has a trailing truck is equally out-of-reach. I’ve had the “pleasure” of drilling into an Accucraft frame before, so adding the trailing truck to the Emma–even accounting for time and multiple broken drill bits–still brings me out ahead.

Later,

K