Large Scale Central

Lets see your track plan.

Ken Brunt said:

It was sorta like the gnome in the Travelocity commercial…always poppin up somewhere…:wink:

Penny takes her travel gnome everywhere we go!
Here he is hanging out at the Strasburgh Railroad.

Don & Craig Hofsheier said:

Don’t have a drawing, about 50 x 50 ten foot radius curves USA trains large switches

Don’t know why the picture never came out the first time

Don.

Don’t be offended Don, but as beautiful as your layout looks, what strikes me most is that I’d do anything to have grass like that! Oh yeah!

That is funny Vincent, my wife and I take a little 3" tall teddy bear with us. That little bear has been all over including to Europe.

I like the figure idea but what made me think about a decal or printable sticker to attach to a bobber caboose and ride around on everyones RR was the postage time. If the little guy takes a week to travel inbetween RR’s and 20 people sign up that is like 5 months! And that is if guys are quick. What if the guy arrives Tuesday and it is raining until Friday but you want to take a nice sunny photo or movie? That means he won’t get back into the mail and onto the next stop until Monday. What if he gets lost? I don’t want to squash the idea, I’m just pointing out a issue.

My thoughts were if guys could take a 1 minute video of the bobber caboose with sticker on their RR then submit it and someone could put all the clips together that it would be a really neat video.

John Passaro said:

Don & Craig Hofsheier said:

Don’t have a drawing, about 50 x 50 ten foot radius curves USA trains large switches

Don’t know why the picture never came out the first time

Don.

Don’t be offended Don, but as beautiful as your layout looks, what strikes me most is that I’d do anything to have grass like that! Oh yeah!

Damn Right! Looks like carpet! I got sand and weeds, LOL!

Bet ya don’t want his water bill either :slight_smile:

Todd Haskins said:

I like the figure idea but what made me think about a decal or printable sticker to attach to a bobber caboose and ride around on everyones RR was the postage time.

I’ve got a sheet of decals here from probably 15-20 years ago and half the railroads on it I can’t remember who has them and some no longer exist.

Pine Ridge Lumber and Mining Co. (that one may have been Bob’s at one time), Spitwaddle Creek Railroad,(Rick Dresher?) Skagit Valley Lines, Eldorado and Rio Grande Southern , which was Chile John Pritchards, Possum Grape and Oil Trough, Toenail Ridge Shortline, which belongs to Phil Creer, Magnolia and Melrose, which was Norm Andersons when he lived in Little Rock, Desert Springs and Rattler Gap, which was Tiny Pearce’s railroad. Wayne County Narrow Gauge was Bart’s old line. And a couple that are still with us. Racoon Creek and Gulley and Port Orford Coast line.

The envelope it came in is marked “LSOL Chat Room Exchange Cars”. Rick Blanchard is who I think printed them up and handed them out at the San Diego Garden Railway Convention.

I need to buy a program for my Mac that I can design a decal for the Dirty and Dusty. I already have a couple of boxcars waiting for decals!

I just ask my friends, if I can decal a covered Hopper in their railroad to run on my railroad… Stan makes the decals for me…

Ken Brunt said:

Skagit Valley Lines,

Wasn’t that Jim Francis (sp?) RR? He passed away a few years back.

Craig Townsend said:

Ken Brunt said:

Skagit Valley Lines,

Wasn’t that Jim Francis (sp?) RR? He passed away a few years back.

Coulda been, Craig. I visited it once but can’t remember the name of it.

Well, decaling a Bachmann bobber will be difficult here soon. My only Bachmann bobber is on the workbench, slated for a bash.

As for decals, I don’t have a colour printer, and I don’t work on colour copiers at work like I used to. I just hand paint my rolling stock.

Bob McCown said:

Great. I’ll paint him up!

(http://i.imgur.com/An8jnFal.png)

I remember Stumpy and somebody traveling the rails and showing up on many layouts. It was a great tradition.

I like the decal idea - it’s fast! No mailing of either a full sized car or even just a figure. I guess one of us would print up a sheet, cut it up and send a decal off to each of us, and Bob’s his nephew’s uncle.
If I understand this game, each pike owner would then decal a B’mann Bobber - we’d all have to put the decal on in the same place - then snap or video it on our pikes.
I reckon two things:
First, we could actually get away with decaling only one side of the bobber,
Second, if by some remote chance somebody doesn’t have one of these bobbers they could easily borrow one from a nearby fellow. The things are ubiquitous. You can prolly get one awfully cheap on EvilBay these days as well
I’m guessing you can get them in any color as long as it’s red?
I have at least one, mebbe two, as red as fire engines, and destined for bashing one fine day…
I’ll hold off on my bash until we know what we’re up to here…
Oh, and we’d have to agree on the decals for this multicloned caboose. Dare I suggest something with the initials LSC, perhaps? Maybe coming up with a full railroad name for LSC might be a bit tricky, tho’ we could try. If that doesn’t work too well we could just forget about a name altogether and simply go with a herald made of the initials? Ideas?

He’s a really nice figure, though, Bob! If you’re going to paint him up we’d be very happy to have him pay us a visit here on the L&SRR and to photograph him as well.
… And I’d love to see what the Doc would do with him photographically.

Hildebrand, I like your track plan. Do visit your profile page and let us know where you live, as in this hobby, we find that climate is everything, and here on LSC it is not unheard of for us to pay each other a visit now and again!
I believe, by the way, that you may have meant to post these images on another thread, ‘Show Us Your Trackplan’. For this, return to Track and Trestles…
Cheers!

Whoops. I goofed. We are on the right thread for trackplans. Sorry, Hildebrand. We have veered off course a bit here, haven’t we?

John,

I put in some information. If you need more, please contact me thru my homepage (guestbook).

Here’s the track plan for our layout the Snowshoe & San Juan. Crude drawing and not to scale, but it gives the overall idea. The rectangles indicate where there are bridges.

I guess you’d call it a point to loop design. A loop at one end and a turntable at the other. The turntable gets a lot of use.

If you check out the link in my signature you can see photos of the layout and see pine trees and other obstacles I had to design the layout around.

F. P. AND SOUTHWESTERN R.R

(FUZZY PUPPY)

Trying to post my track plan. I am making and laying my own track from aluminum flat rods 1/2 inch by 1/8. Redwood for ties and to slots 45 mm apart. One silly millimeter off just throw it away.

My Problem is I have a difficult time keeping things simple, I’m sure you know what I mean. I was going model late 1800’s and early 1900. But I grow up along the NEC Corridor in New Jersey I am currently 55, go figure, so Yes I want to run long trains. Penn Central with as many different Engines as possible but GG1’s are out of the question too expensive. Sorry the drawing is not tom scale but the footage is shown. overal I have 28 feet wide and 68 feet long to work with but in the center I have a out bounds square 11 feet by 16 feet forbidden Territory. I have torn up this railroad three times already this is the final track plan. I am also using DC power with the old fashion Double insulated Blocks, that’s what I know how to use and find all the other to perplex and can never get a straight answer from anyone. I currently have fore Engines. 7 Aristo Craft A uniteds. Two Critters, Bach tank engine 040 and 242

SORRY HAVING ISSUES POSTING THE TRACK PLAN HOWEVER IN MY PROFILE PHOTOS