Large Scale Central

Let me jump on the bandwagon

During the summer months the RGS constructed a turntable and revamped the yard area. This greatly improved operations. This is the yard before renovations.

And after with the TT , Coal tipple and sandhouse completed:

as if this wasn’t enough, the yard crew is now insisting on an engine house, so construction has begun on that.

We’ll keep ya posted on progress, folks…

Looking good Ken.

See - you guys DO have railroads. I knew it :smiley: :smiley:

Wish I could say I’ve made some progress, but not much got done this summer.

You have the nicest looking landscape around your layout. I need to get you to come over here and lend me a hand.

That engine shed is looking good. A nice, classic design.

Ken,
Yes sir, it is looking very good.
I think Jon needs to talk a little politics. Get him worked up so he can get more done on his railroad :lol:
Ralph

Ralph Berg said:
Ken, Yes sir, it is looking very good. I think Jon needs to talk a little politics. Get him worked up so he can get more done on his railroad :lol: Ralph
Naw - I need a little less going on around here when the weather will support getting some work done. Killed 3 weekends prepping, having a roof installed, then cleaning up. Another two weekends repairing fascias and painting before the gutters went on, and last weekend was spent cleaning up from Hanna. And we vacationed for 2 weekends That's 8 weekends right there. Kinda covers the summer doesn't it.

Maybe I’ll get something done this fall before its full-time leaf pick up time.

Jon, you need to get your priorities in order…:wink:

Bruce, I can’t take all the credit for the landscaping. I had a lot of help from a professional…my oldest son.

Looks good, Ken. I was going to keep quiet about your Son’s profession and let you bask in the accolades.

Ken that looks great–what is the ledge for at the top of the wall?

Busy, you have been, eh?

mike omalley said:
Ken that looks great--what is the ledge for at the top of the wall?
That's just bracing for the walls. To keep it straight. I'd have preffered on the bottom of the wall, but it looked like it would get in the way.

Looks nice Ken!

I had heard the Mechanics were going to strike, if they didn’t have a better working facility, than under the moon and stars… hehehe Rumors are wonderful, aren’t they???

Nice work, Ken…

Well Andy, the B&B crews have put the strike on hold. As you can see they’re moving right along. Walls are up and the roof is next in line…

(http://rgsgardenrailroad.com/EH0011.jpg)

(http://rgsgardenrailroad.com/EH0013.jpg)

Neat. Where are you going to put this monster? :wink:

right where that piece of track is sitting below the TT…

(http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/rgseng/RGS036.jpg)

Its about 60" from the edge of the tt to the other track, so there’s plenty of room…the building is only 32" long

I thought you might put it there, but it just didn’t look big enough.

That is really going to look good.

So…what are you doing for windows?

Ken Brunt said:
Well Andy, the B&B crews have put the strike on hold.
Ken, you know the wife's won't be happy, they were already making up their ""honey-dew"" lists.... They were planning on the strike.... :)

And, for the record, it does look good… What is the base blocks made from??? Are they cast, or are they sections cut from the formed plastic they sell???

They’re the plastic Precision Products sheets. Made them about 4 blocks high. Bart says it needs winders, too…working on that.

I dunno, Andy, my wife was never too happy when we went out on strike…:wink:

You could always just use pin-striping tape for the windows…