Large Scale Central

KVRwy Track Change Thoughts

I’m sure in Bruce’s mind, the “panic Button” was about the funniest thing he ever heard of or thought about. Through tears he pounded the keyboard to share it with the rest of us.

I missed it, too.

Ric Golding said:
I'm sure in Bruce's mind, the "panic Button" was about the funniest thing he ever heard of or thought about. Through tears he pounded the keyboard to share it with the rest of us.

I missed it, too.

He’s Shawn’s dad not mine?
:wink:

He hit the panic buttom because rooster got loose.

…last minute news…The track is layed on half of the new subdivision…Gord figures he will complete it on Wednesday…look for news and maybe an update to Colin Churcher’s blog… We may be driving a “Last Spike” on Wednesday afternoon…

I may stage a tea party at the new Flag Stop, called Fern Dell.....just for the occasion.

"I may stage a tea party at the new Flag Stop, called Fern Dell…just for the occasion. "

Will Fern attend the celebration?

The first non revenue train has managed to run on the new track ftom Rat Portage to Bell…all that is needed is Transport Canada’s approval for full service to begin. All is well…

“Fall OPs” are complete, the steam track is scheduled to be dismantled. We are inspired to progress forward with this plan because of a new bridge being provided for the expansion. I’ve sent out inquiries for inspiration and knowledge on the dual gauge trackage and this was a major conversation of the weekend. Stay tuned.

And now that I can see exactly what ya got in mind, I’m anxious to see this get going…with no steam track ya definately need Engine terminal facilities at Fiddle…mebbe a dedicated track in the Consolidated area too? Will cut down on the Power balancing extras, could actually assign guys to the terminals as they show up…and have a place for them to display their brung runners too! I know when I was assigning runs off the call board, the first question I’d ask was “Where’s your power?”

Bart, Consolidated now has an Engine Storage/service track… It’s just that I was busy and everyone ran off when they got to the lighthouse… I did manage to snag a couple of them… :slight_smile:

Andy Clarke said:
Bart, Consolidated now has an Engine Storage/service track.... It's just that I was busy and everyone ran off when they got to the lighthouse.... I did manage to snag a couple of them.... :)
They only run off cus you scare them Andy. ;)
Geoff George said:
Andy Clarke said:
Bart, Consolidated now has an Engine Storage/service track.... It's just that I was busy and everyone ran off when they got to the lighthouse.... I did manage to snag a couple of them.... :)
but Geoff.... Dat's my job..... :)

If the extras are too much, you COULD weight the cars and assign helpers–I really should have needed one on my first trip to Fiddle, but the good ol’ 0-5-0 had to suffice :wink:

Andy Clarke said:
Geoff George said:
Andy Clarke said:
but Geoff.... Dat's my job..... :)
or won't give'em permission for a light move through Consolidated..............which only leaves Old State Light as the place to leave'em...........;)

I do have a reputation to uphold, yanno… :slight_smile:

As of 1400 today, 11/13/10, the Portable Live Steam Track that has been setup for about 5 years at our Fall Ops Session is no more.

If you go to the Articles portion of these Forums you’ll see " The History and Construction Log of the Kaskaskia Valley Railway", Page 13.

Evolution Happens.

Tracks and racks will be utilized in the future expansions we are talking about here. Stay tuned.

AndyC said the link wasn’t good, so I just changed it to Page 13 of the article.

…grinning…

I’m anxious to see the next chapters! I like your plan for changes.