Large Scale Central

Joe Douglass

VERY nice! Great work (as usual!)

1 Like

Excellent work, Cliff. You’ve created a very realistic and prototypical engine. Momma should be pleased.

1 Like

Thanks much Dan, and she is!

And I’m happy, because now I can start on my main winter projects before spring actually hits, haha!

Cliff,
Excellent work as always!

1 Like

Thanks much, Roostah!

1 Like

Awesome work Cliff. The raised lettering came out great!

1 Like

How does it run …we need to see it doing a lap on the layout !
Looks superb …

Thanks Jon, glad you like the lettering.

Thanks Sean, it tested ok on a little test track, but I’ll have to wait till spring for the layout running (my other winter project has been overhauling controls, which ain’t hooked up at the moment). (And it’s cold out there!)

WOW!!! Cliff that turned out amazing.

1 Like

Very nice work Cliff. :astonished:

1 Like

Wow! I am impressed.
I look at your work here and I see the Joe Douglass and I’ve been close enough to touch the real one.
I’m impressed. sorry I’m repeating myself

Good Job!

Type at you later…
Ed

Thanks for all the kind remarks, Pete and Peter and Ed, and everyone else. Means a lot!!

Ed, so you know the Joe, that’s cool! This will be a big year for him (her?), with a new feasibility study underway this spring regarding rebuilding to working order.

Nice workmanship and a beautiful loco,

1 Like

Thanks very much Andy.

Knocked it out of the park. What a great little loco.

1 Like

My sincere thanks, Devon!

1 Like

Ditch the brakes and never mind …Looks great Cliff!

10’ rule

:wink:

I don’t even like steam locomotives

1 Like

Well yes, but I really like the entire loco too!

Naah Rooster, you just need to get in touch with your inner smokebox.

But, great brake idea! That would get me away from their ongoing drama. Because oddly enough, there were brakes on the original, though they seem to have been liberated by the time the museum took over.

They were odd brakes, too: big bands that were apparently operated by a handwheel.

I left the LGB brakes on as a reminder of all this… and as a way to ignore it as well.

But you asked!
:grin:

1 Like