Large Scale Central

Jackson & Burke - new motorcar

My light inspection cars were great for summer cruising, but the crew really wanted something a little warmer for the cold weather and those rainy days. Inspired by the East Broad Top M-3 motorcar, I set off to build an enclosed motor car. I started with the Bachmann rail truck, and just cut away everything that looked like it didn’t belong.

Then I built up a body out of styrene, and now I have my interpretation of the M-3.

Neat lil put put. Your inspection crews should really appreciate that. :slight_smile:

Bruce,

Certainly looks a lot like the EBT M-3. Is your’s also powered by a Nash engine with Toyota valves? Very nicely down.

What is your power, how do you control it?

Just to show what Bruce is talking about -

http://www.febt.org/Restore/m3.html

K Bruce…I’ll take my Mojo back now…yer makin’ us all look like slackers…

Bruce,

There is no doubt you are an artist besides being innovative. A really nice model!

Thanks, guys. A fun little project. Ric, I took a lot of notes from you this summer! I went with a Li-Ion 14.8V battery pack. It’s small and light. I didn’t want to charge it in the vehicle, so I made it removable. I’m starting to like the idea of removable and have started doing it in my locomotives. This allows me to have a spare battery that I can easily plug in to extend run times and also eliminates building a charging circuit. I also put in Airwire and a Phoenix P5 sound card. This is what it looks like without the body on…

Wow! All that fits inside? Yes, you did take notes.

Very nice!!

Also a good example of how to stuff 10lbs. of **** into a 5 lb. bag…:wink:

My kind of modeling. Very nice.

Great job Bruce. I knew that idea was just too good to put on top of a Stomper chassis. on the other hand… The Ice Cube

or The Spider

are prime Stomper candidates. http://www.ebtrr.com/equip/trackcars.html Jon

I had lots of trouble with the paint crazing on the first body. So, I made a second one. This time I went with LED lights - I could make them a bit smaller, and I wouldn’t have to worry about the heat.

It was VERY nice today, so I was able to get outside and run a bit. I love the ladder method - I only had to clean some twigs off the track - EVERYTHING else was solid. What a difference from when I floated the track.

The only down side of this was that the Airwire receiver stopped working. When I decided to switch to LED lights, I tested everything before making permanent connections. Everything worked, but the next time I started it up, the Airwire didn’t work at all. I sent it back and they said I had fried a couple of modules. So, it cost $55 to repair. :frowning: I don’t get it, but I do know that’s the last Airwire I’ll ever buy.