Large Scale Central

IPP&W - Rebuilding Fir Grove

Fred sent me some pictures of the rebuild of Fir Grove and I thought I’d put them up. Hopefully, his silent response is assent. :wink: Maybe I can get him to keep sending updates… :smiley: This is what it looked like in September 2004…

By last year, the Rat Portage had extended up against the house.

Now, in April 2009: Looking towards the corner…

Shot from the corner…

Looks like the IPP&W is becoming a Class 1 Railroad!

Class 1 RR’s rule and I shall have one in my yard before I die. Along with a chicken coop.
(that’s the plan anyway)…:wink:
I’m buying the next round of yards…Please raise your glasses to Fred!
:wink:

David, you need to go see this in person. You’re closer than we are. :wink:

Apply for your passport now, if you don’t have one. It takes some time to get through the process. Don’t mention Ken’s name at the border. Trust me the whole ordeal will go easier, if they don’t know you are going to the same area as he is.

Mexicans have less trouble at the border than I do…:wink:

Ken Brunt said:
Mexicans have less trouble at the border than I do................;)
And you call me Black Cloud :lol: Ralph

I have to get a new passport, but I just found out that my birth certificate is not valid. Seems that they are not sure I was born. So, now I’m waiting on a final decision, about the birth certificate, and if they issue me one; I may be able to obtain a passport.

Fred Mills said:
I have to get a new passport, but I just found out that my birth certificate is not valid. Seems that they are not sure I was born. So, now I'm waiting on a final decision, about the birth certificate, and if they issue me one; I may be able to obtain a passport.
Oh, they know you were born, Fred. The question is where. It's that certain je-ne-sais-quoi air of Middle Eastern terrorist about you.

Sheesh, that almost sounds like one of those stories we had here on the forum. Invalid birth certificate? Sheesh!

Chris Vernell said:
Fred Mills said:
I have to get a new passport, but I just found out that my birth certificate is not valid. Seems that they are not sure I was born. So, now I'm waiting on a final decision, about the birth certificate, and if they issue me one; I may be able to obtain a passport.
Oh, they know you were born, Fred. The question is where. It's that certain je-ne-sais-quoi air of Middle Eastern terrorist about you.
Either that or they've seen his Avatar! :lol: :lol:
Ken Brunt said:
Mexicans have less trouble at the border than I do................;)
:lol:....amen brother!

…it’s all about being born/hatched in Quebec…!!!

,Quebec is North Eastern…I guess that explains it…!!!

I’m looking forward to my first visit to the IPP&W at the 2009 American Invasion. Everytime I see a new pic I get more excited.
BTW I thought Fred sprang from an oak tree full grown, maybe that’s why he’s having trouble with his passport.
Dave

Dave, we’re looking forward to meeting you. I hope some more folks from here decide to come. It really is a great time. Here’s some more pictures from Fred:

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/IPPW/100_0518.JPG)

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/IPPW/100_0519.JPG)

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/IPPW/100_0520.JPG)

(http://www.jbrr.com/Pics/IPPW/100_0521.JPG)

I’m hoping Fred explains some of these. It looks like they could be building a storage shed. I’m also wondering why there is only one beer bottle in sight. :wink:

These are good moves economically. It shows the IPP&WRR is flush with money and reinvesting in infastructure in these hard economic times. Kudos to management in keeping the crews employeed.

It looks like deck building procedures and rules apply…pressure treated wood and rust free screws, etc?

Nice that they’re fixing Fir Grove… always seemed awkward to me compared to the quality of the rest of the RR

Bob McCown said:
Nice that they're fixing Fir Grove... always seemed awkward to me compared to the quality of the rest of the RR
Was that your excuse the last couple of years? Fir Grove just was too awkward for you to operate. Hope to see you this Summer.