Large Scale Central

If you're wondering about the GR forum

There is a thread there, basically started by Bob Huddleston on Botch…errr…Bachmann Service.
It morphed to an issue of 3-truck Shay and decoders.

The new Director of Communications at Botch…errrr…Bachmann jumped in with absolutely no clue as to what the facts were.

Several jumped in, and the interesting thing is, the Director of Communications got his buddy out of bed on a Sunday Morning to get his personal posts removed from view before anyone saw them Monday Morning, and modified all other postings by removing quotes and modifying threads.

Unfortunately, it was saved, and here was his first post, now gone.

Not the spelling of Bachmann in next to last line:

Was the advertisement you are referring to from a retailer (where you bought the locomotive)?

Bachmann uses specific “logos” on the product to denote DCC ready, DCC equipped, and DCC and sound equipped. The retailer is responsible for noting this in their direct advertising. Bachmann cannot control how a retailer lists a product.

When Bachmann places an ad for a product in a publication it places these logos in the ad so that the consumer knows which versions are available. Bachmann does not sell direct to the consumer and does not provide advertising copy to retailers. It is up to the retailer to list the product with the correct description.

Decoders are still available: http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/products.php?act=viewCat&catId=168

Jack Lynch

Communications Manager

Bahmann Industries, Inc.

http://cs.trains.com/trccs/forums/t/153009.aspx?PageIndex=2

I noticed that.
We have a member here that did the same with his off-topic posts.
I find the practice very disturbing in both cases.
A man stands behind what he says…and doesn’t attempt to hide it.
If one is wrong…man up and correct your mistake.
Ralph

Interesting, they left mine, and mine was not exactly complimentary to Bachmann, factual, yes, but I said they made a mistake, and I stand by that opinion.

Oh well, we see the pull that advertisers have, and it’s not surprising, I’d imagine that a major advertiser has quite a lot of say, with money being tight everywhere.

Regards, Greg

They left mine, too, but modified it, removing all quotes and several lines.
Made the postings look a little odd with the original post being referrred to deleted.
I cleared mine out.
I will be having a chat with them tomorrow.
Saved all of it.

Director of Communication…and can’t communicate.

I can understand removing posts (notice, I used the word understand, not agree), but modifying posts is basically changing your words and meaning, and that is just not right, because now there is a post that “says” you said something you did not. That is not right, it’s like Russian history books were.

I think they just need to leave things alone or pull the entire thread.

Just my opinion… if they changed my words, I would do what you did…

Regards, Greg

Well, well, well, would that happen to be the same director of communications who wasn’t so good at communicating when holding down a similar position at LGBoA? Sooooo, why is anyone surprised? This routine has been employed more than once on the GR Forum.
BTW would a leopard change its spots? Didn’t think so! :wink: :slight_smile: :wink:

Glad I switched all my prime movers to HLW or LGB, all my older Bmann stuff will eventually phased out, as its all too big for the direction I’m heading now.

HJ, to be sure, to be sure.

Funny how that happens, someone has a good enough personal relationship with someone at Klambake they can call up of a Sunday morn and get posts yanked and modified.

At least ONE of the reasons for employment is becoming apparent.

Wonder if there are others?

Don’t you think it would be hard to promote Kia’s after you have been promoting BMW’s?
I can’t imagine what can of worms Mr. Lynch (I assume that’s who you were referring to) walked into at Bockman.
His presence hasn’t had any effect yet.

Of course, as usual, I prolly know nothing of which I talk about. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Yes JB. :slight_smile: :wink:

And the chances of mentioning “As close to 1:20.3 as I can get it” are practically zilch. :smiley:

GR…and Bachmann…anyone notice they didn’t allow/ask/prefer K Strong to review the 2-6-6-2 (gotta watch those “Cons” Kev)? Mark did a nice job re-writing the notes from the press release on the rear inside cover…then you turn over and read the “review” of the RY Mike, by a gent who dropped his own $3.5K for one…good or bad, if I were him I’d praise it too (having spent that much on a toy)…oh well, there just toys…

Is this all just a bit Orwellian sounding, or is it just me? Things have really changed over there in 10 years.

Fortunately the Durango Dan article on the mallet was unspun. Just wish I could have read it before I bought one.

I don’t know if they delete or modify posts on the Bachmann forum, but many really take Bachmann to task. Jerry

Matthew.

You have to look on the bright side.

At least with the Mallet … ummm … errr MEYER, it is easy enough to get apart to FIX IT before it is used.

Feel free to ask me how I know!!!

Jerry, they surely do. Most of the derogatory comments are trivial.

I would really like to see someone post the truth about the Mallet … umm … err … MEYER, at either the GR or Bachmann forums and see how long the posts remained before they either got deleted or so heavily modified they became incomprehensible.

Tony,

I concur on taking the Mallet apart. And … mine will be a Mallet (not a Meyer) before it ever turns a wheel in service. I’m determined it’ll be like it could have been.

I miss the days when, yeah sure Bachmann had some problems, but you could solve them, or get solutions for them, and talk about it without the bait and switch, spin, and jackals.

Lately, it’s about trying to prove that black is white, and we’ve always been at war with Eastasia. Not the end of the world; we’ve been used to that from another manufacturer for awhile … but not as much fun.

(There goes that Orwell thing again.)

Matthew (OV)

What do you all think the minimum diameter would be for it if it were a true mallet?

CJLM

I was told when Matthew got his that the minimum is 1600 LGB…that’s 4’ radius.

So same as it is as a Meyer? I figured it would require a wider radius.

Welcome Chase!